2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Great job making sure Pasta didnt get that puck, Morgan.

Amazing job. All time choked. They HAD THE GAME and blew it in 81 seconds. David Pastrnak effectively saved Montgomery's job.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Oh Mitch, Pasta went right by him without him even knowing it. Lindholm had 4 guys just stare at him on the shot into the corner. And yeah, Marner, Nylander, JT, and Reilly on the ice for that one. Ouch.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The offseason fireworks in TML gonna be fun. Keefe is gonna not return and end up with Dumbo in PIT as soon as Dumbo finishes pushing Sullivan out.

Reactions: JKP and Osakahaus

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Rooting for the Bs but at the same time I tell myself when the Isles lose at least they didn't get knocked out by the Leafs or Rangers so this makes the Isles loss hurt more

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Oh Mitch, Pasta went right by him without him even knowing it. Lindholm had 4 guys just stare at him on the shot into the corner. And yeah, Marner, Nylander, JT, and Reilly on the ice for that one. Ouch.
Tavares showing such amazing effort there

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He never gained the redline, however, it was a rocket of a dump in.

I think it was a set play to be honest, they might know that sometimes you get a bounce out off those boards in that spot. An NHLer no doubt is good enough from 100 feet to hit a spot within a few feet

Reactions: Throttle

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Player moves on to greener pastures, then experiences six years of pure failure. You hate to see it.
Sadly I do think he will still nab a cup, he will probably sign extremely team friendly deals for the duration of his career and when his 11m comes off it will help them alot, wouldn't surprise me to see McDavid go to Toronto in a few years

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Sadly I do think he will still nab a cup, he will probably sign extremely team friendly deals for the duration of his career and when his 11m comes off it will help them alot, wouldn't surprise me to see McDavid go to Toronto in a few years
I doubt it. They'll have better cap, but he's way past his prime now. And especially now when teams like Detroit and Buffalo are going to be on the upswing.

Their best chance was when he was still prime JT. They should have been smart enough to trade one of Marner or Nylander for help elsewhere, but they weren't. Someone play them a song on the world's smallest violin.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
I doubt it. They'll have better cap, but he's way past his prime now. And especially now when teams like Detroit and Buffalo are going to be on the upswing.

Their best chance was when he was still prime JT. They should have been smart enough to trade one of Marner or Nylander for help elsewhere, but they weren't. Someone play them a song on the world's smallest violin.
Prime JT is what screwed their team, I am pretty sure they realize he isn't an 11m player, he will sign extremely team friendly deals and they will have the rest of their core in their prime

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Prime JT is what screwed their team, I am pretty sure they realize he isn't an 11m player, he will sign extremely team friendly deals and they will have the rest of their core in their prime
They had plenty of assets to trade for help elsewhere. They didn't.

The one huge advantage the Leafs had was that they had two top tier players as their top-6 centers.

Going forward, it's not going to be an advantage having a 35 year old John Tavares as a center on your team no matter how much less he is making.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Toronto chokes again. LOL.
south-park-thats-terrible.gif

Reactions: PWJunior

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
Stunningly

no wait

Stupidly

nope

PREDICTABLY, my feed’s got a lot of dignified-loss-pushed-it-to-G7-respect-in-handshake-line stuff from the poor Kool Aid drinkers up here. They’re up to the acceptance stage already!!

Another wonderful show for slowpoke. Hard to hide that 1-1-2 in 7GP stat line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad