2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Getting too far ahead here but a Carolina-Rangers series looks like it would be dynamite. And the winner (Carolina IMO) playing the Panthers would make for some great playoff hockey. I know, I know, not traditional hockey markets blah blah. Great teams though.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Getting too far ahead here but a Carolina-Rangers series looks like it would be dynamite. And the winner (Carolina IMO) playing the Panthers would make for some great playoff hockey. I know, I know, not traditional hockey markets blah blah. Great teams though.
Speaking of Florida, when did Bobrov become elite? He been mostly underwhelming, or at least whelming, in the playoff his entire career until what like a year ago?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Speaking of Florida, when did Bobrov become elite? He been mostly underwhelming, or at least whelming, in the playoff his entire career until what like a year ago?

He was great when Columbus upset Tampa Bay before signing with Florida, then he was a shell of himself for a bit (including last year until he started in the playoffs), and now he seems to be back to his top tier self.

Goalies are a fickle bunch.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
He was great when Columbus upset Tampa Bay before signing with Florida, then he was a shell of himself for a bit (including last year until he started in the playoffs), and now he seems to be back to his top tier self.

Goalies are a fickle bunch.
Agreed, that is exactly why any talk of trading Sorokin is crazy

Reactions: MarsTBOW and Big L

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
All of the other teams in the playoffs have so many quick and instinctive players.
welp....i guess then we can look at us losing to the Canes as such...out of the 8 teams that do not advance, we did so with much less talent.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If they don’t get past Boston, then hold on.
I'm telling you, Pelech and JGP for Tavares this summer. He'd help out the PP and faceoffs, and he could form a solid 3rd line with Lee and some other slow guy on RW. The Turtle Line. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, in the little I watched of that game last night Marner was horrendous. Is he hurt or what?

Reactions: attilatheislander

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'm telling you, Pelech and JGP for Tavares this summer. He'd help out the PP and faceoffs, and he could form a solid 3rd line with Lee and some other slow guy on RW. The Turtle Line. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, in the little I watched of that game last night Marner was horrendous. Is he hurt or what?
We could play the "Winger for Tavares" game again!

Reactions: Throttle

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
We could play the "Winger for Tavares" game again!
Why go through all of that trouble when a fresh & rejuvenated Josh Bailey is waiting in the shadows!

Bring back Lee-Tavares-Bailey, but this time as a third line! Seriously, Holmstrom would be fine there...although JT is never coming back.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
My god, has anyone seen Tavares play lately? He’s a shell of his former self. Everyone knew at the tail end of his contract he would be an albatross. Sure enough… but hell yeah, bring him back

Last edited:

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Lookin like Tampa will be hitting the golf course early (with the isles) this year

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I’ll give them credit. I had them out of the playoffs based on age and Vasy being out. They were hot at the end, but drew a not so great matchup.

It’s ok to age out after you won 2, I guess. Now the Stammer offseason circus comes.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Former NYI first rounder Branislav Mezei, now 43, recently won the Slovakian championship with Nitra.

He had 1-10-11 and +6 in 62 games this season. He's the team's captain.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
What's apparent to me (pretty much yearly) is the disparity between NYI's talent and the rest of the league. I think I'd take every other team's core (sans WSH and LA) over NYI's.

With that said, another great night of playoff hockey.

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
Wow, Biz destroying Marner during Intermission. Toronto fans must be roasting him.
My Toronto-centric Twitter and such is aflame with hatred. The diva-like tossing of the gloves is PRECIOUS.

Old pal Kelly Hrudey on Hockey Night In Canada:

“When you’re eight or nine years old you do that, because you don’t know any better. Not when you’re in this position.”

World’s waiting on Jomboy’s lip read. Looks like Nylander - who might’ve missed the first three games this round with a headache after playing the last weeks of the regular with a boo-boo in an unsuccessful chase for 100 points - is saying something akin to: “Stop f*cking crying bro. This isn’t junior.”

It’s been an incredible six seasons in Toronto.

BTW, none of them get a pass, do they. Matthews was great for one game. Zero points the other three. Pajamas scored a key goal in one game. Zero points the other three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad