Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah no need to feel jaded this year. Amazing players get drafted in the top 5 all the time and we already have a great young group

Reactions: Kalv

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Though I'd love to have a Loops on this team again, honestly. His four-goal game in the PO is still up there for the most iconic Ducks moments.

I always liked him, albeit he's a luxury piece as opposed to a core guy. But pretty good pick in a shaky draft year. I wouldn't be surprised if this draft turns out similarly, with a lot of high picks not amounting to much. If that happens, even a Lupul like career might make Eiserman stand out as one of the better picks.

Yeah no need to feel jaded this year. Amazing players get drafted in the top 5 all the time and we already have a great young group

There's also years when it's just not that exciting a group, and the next talent dropoff is well after we pick.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I mind because it feels like we fall all the time lol. Just once I’d like to have some draft luck.
We did have luck last year when you think about it. Obviously it would have been nice to get Bedard, but the odds were always against that. We did actually win the draw for #2. Now, maybe we would have still gotten Leo at 3, but you never know.

But as to this year, yeah like others have said, I think if we're not at #1, I don't think it matters where we draft. We would probably take the same player at 2 as we would at 5.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I still want to win #2 so we can get 'our guy'. Levshunov is the guy I think we are after but we would need some luck to get him. If not him then I think we end up with Silayev or Yakemchuk

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I still want to win #2 so we can get 'our guy'.

This so much. I'd rather have the ability to have choice than to have that choice taken from me and the possibility of that player taken away before your pick.

Imagine if we picked #3 last year and "ended" up with Carlsson, then most of the board wouldn't be onboard before the season. At least with when we picked Carlsson #2, then that changed a lot of people's perspective to wonder what they were missing on Carlsson.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
It's Serevalli, probably gonna be on 8th or smth
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the draft lottery has been cancelled and per NHL offices' decision the draft picks will be handed out in the order of whose arena can play Chelsea Dagger the loudest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad