2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion, June 28-29th

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Has Chernyshov been discussed? 6'2" 196lb. Go with a D 6OA and try to package picks to get to a late 1st for him?

He’s 16th on my list. I’ve watched a bunch of his MHL games. He’s one of my favorite players in the draft. I don’t think we’ll be able to package 2nds to get in his range.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
I hope we move up a bit to get Surin with our 2nd pick. He seems like a BA prospect and a tough center. Him and one of Buium,Dickinson or Levshinov would be sweet.

Reactions: Summer Rose

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Very curious to see the Hawks moving up from 20 OV to 18 OV, a month before the draft.
I think the most important take away is #61 moves the Hawks up a total of 6 draft spots.. 2 spots was in the top 20.
Value wise that mean we can get to 30-32 with #38+ another second potentially? Maybe cost us another pick?

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Hey guys. Did an all-encompassing Yotes/Utah draft-centric podcast and it's free. Mostly geared towards new Utah fans so there a good chunk of history-related stuff but most of the episode focuses on Armstrong and the job he's done. The draft preview portion that begins with a review of the top picks from the 2021-2023 drafts starts around the 2:01:00 mark and Utah options for No. 6 begins around 2:37:30

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys. Did an all-encompassing Yotes/Utah draft-centric podcast and it's free. Mostly geared towards new Utah fans so there a good chunk of history-related stuff but most of the episode focuses on Armstrong and the job he's done. The draft preview portion that begins with a review of the top picks from the 2021-2023 drafts starts around the 2:01:00 mark and Utah options for No. 6 begins around 2:37:30

I llve Steve but he gets so off topic. I’m an hour in and he’s giving a history lesson on the Lindros trade.

Edit: once u get past the non Utah stuff though this is must listen to podcast. Super great. I also subscribe to Steve. He’s worth it.

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004

Great stuff Steve! Always enjoyed your content. One quick point: Bill Armstrong’s St Louis contract prevented him from participating in the Mitchell Miller draft. Steve Sullivan ran that draft for them.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
The number of picks Armstrong has accumulated is ridiculous. Really hope some of them can be turned into actual NHL players via trades.
I can't even remember last NHL team other than Yotes last year that has this much draft picks at draft. Utah has many options on how they will approach the draft.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Great stuff Steve! Always enjoyed your content. One quick point: Bill Armstrong’s St Louis contract prevented him from participating in the Mitchell Miller draft. Steve Sullivan ran that draft for them.
You had to remind me...... :rolleyes:

Sullivan was one of the few guys in hockey-ops a former intern said over on Reddit was an absolute prick. Sullivan knew he was on his way out the door after the draft with Chayka gone and made one last FU move with the Miller pick. And BA still got stuck with it being his fault.

rt

May 13, 2004
Bill Armstrong was at Game 2 of the Memorial Cup. Drummondville vs. London. Presumably watching Sam Dickinson.
And hopefully Sam O’Reilly for 38th overall. I love both players. I also really like Brunet on Deummondville for one of our 4th. I’d like to pick up Pier Brunet and Francesco Dell’Elce in the 4th. I got to see the latter live in the playoffs last week when I was in Penticton. Kid can really skate and move the puck.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I think if they can get another 1st round pick they should if interested. Something around 38+63+72 or 38+49+63 maybe can get in 23-26 range. Wonder if Toronto already knows who they want at 23? Depends on which later 1st round team needs more picks or staying with what they got. 1st pick should be defenseman and if they can get another later 1st pick be looking at best available.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad