2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Wheeler's mock and many others have Yakemchuk going to the Sabres at 11, and if not them, then the wild at 13. Sennecke keeps falling in these mocks but I have a feeling teams will be higher on him. Combine that with the rumor that Lindstrom has a herniated disc = DND for me, and I'm guessing we choose between Chernyshov and MBN to be a Leonard type winger.

The other intriguing thing from Wheeler's mock was EJ Emery getting taken at 17. If he's right and scouts are warming to him, I wonder if he's considered for a reach vs the Jiricek reach that many are predicting for us.

BPA would say pick MBN or Chernyshov I personally think, but maybe it's close enough that EJ is worth a pick. He has a projection of a dominant shutdown D who skates well (not unlike Silayev!) and there are indications that his offense could develop too... Dad's a former football player, probably has the hand eye coordination and looked reasonably dangerous in transition at the U18s. I wouldn't hate the reach personally.

• Wow
Reactions: Grinner

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
I’d take Eiserman at 14 if he’s still on the board. It’s too tempting. Especially since he’s good friends with Celebrini and they’ve played together. Maybe that will help Eiserman to reach his full potential.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Yeah I think Grier has been VERY clear that he thinks theyre ready. It’s their choice to make I think.

I really think it's a non-issue. I looked back at every single draft since the Sharks joined the league. Only one forward didn't play in the NHL the season following his draft: Eric Lindros. I don't recall the specifics, but he did play for Team Canada in 91-92, including the Olympics.

Every other forward drafted 1OA played the following season in the NHL. Ovie doesn't count because 04-05 season didn't happen. Even goalies like MAF and DiPetro played NHL games that following season.

The only time it seems to come up that 1OA's stay a year in college/juniors is for dmen. Owen Power, Chris Phillips, Bryan Berard, Jovocop. And some dmen did make the jump from 1OA to NHL, like (e.g.) Ekblad and Hamrlik.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Holy crap!!! Do you get to take your seat home with you or something?

1715282167937.png

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I know this isn't gonna be popular, but if all of the D, Eiserman, and other players we're all targeting at 14 are gone by then and if Toronto comes up offering Marner for Couture (no retention) and 14OA, would you do it?

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I know this isn't gonna be popular, but if all of the D, Eiserman, and other players we're all targeting at 14 are gone by then and if Toronto comes up offering Marner for Couture (no retention) and 14OA, would you do it?

I know people don’t like him, but to have him here with Celebrini and Smith is hard to dismiss. I’d probably say yes, depending who was left on the board.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
So Couture (who has a high % chance of never playing again) and #14 for Marner?
Seems like a good move for the sharks. Could shop him at the trade deadline if he didn’t want to stay long term. But he and Logan both have NTC ‘s

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I haven't seen any credible reports saying Couture's current injury is career-threatening.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Even with Celebrini and Smith, we still need more prospects so I'd still take BPA at 14 or trade back for more picks. If Marner wants to come here, we should wait for him to hit free agency but if he's going to command 10+, I'm passing. Not doing that for a winger. I'd sooner do that for Karlsson over Marner.

Reactions: coooldude

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Reactions: coooldude

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

He played 6 games this season and says he “hopes” to be back next year. That’s a pretty bleak statement coming from someone of Logan’s intensity level.

I'd be pretty bummed too if I was the Captain of a team that's dead last and couldn't do anything to change that. He probably meant he hopes to be on the team, not forced into LTIR.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
It would be utterly idiotic for the Sharks to even consider sending Celebrini and Smith back for another year and every public statement from Mike Grier has indicated as much.

The ONLY reason either of them should go back to college is if it's what they want.

This is the correct take

Sharks take Smith and Celebrini on the roster if they are willing to sign

Both either or both may choose NCAA

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I bought my draft tix and my complete impulse buy Celebrini 71 jersey. God help me if he chooses a different number.

I was a bit sad nobody took my "EJ Emery at 14" bait. It's intriguing. Wheeler thinks he'll be a riser through the combine and interviews.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I bought my draft tix and my complete impulse buy Celebrini 71 jersey. God help me if he chooses a different number.

I was a bit sad nobody took my "EJ Emery at 14" bait. It's intriguing. Wheeler thinks he'll be a riser through the combine and interviews.

It's most likely what he chooses, so you should be safe. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone say they'll buy "Celebrini 1" jersey. After all, that is likely what will be presented to him at the draft itself. Even though that will never be his number, if you saw anyone sporting a "Celebrini 1" jersey, you'd probably think it's pretty cool to have his "draft sweater."

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
It's most likely what he chooses, so you should be safe. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone say they'll buy "Celebrini 1" jersey. After all, that is likely what will be presented to him at the draft itself. Even though that will never be his number, if you saw anyone sporting a "Celebrini 1" jersey, you'd probably think it's pretty cool to have his "draft sweater."
Fight to the death, Celebrini vs Bordeleau for 17 and Celebrini vs Knyzhov for 71.

• Haha
Reactions: ChompChomp

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I hear he couldn’t get 17 because of Hutson.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I did see Wheeler's mock draft with Emery that high and it made me think of you and Jux. I guess I'm curious if y'all think that's crazy or not. Cuz I'm not super into Yakemchuk but just from a stats perspective, Emery at 14 seems kinda crazy but I could be convinced.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
In no way should the Sharks reach at 14 for a defender. Especially that big of a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad