GDT: 2024 NHL Draft (Time and place TBA)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Hage could be closer to being a consideration around 17, particularly if he elevates in the USHL playoffs. Still a lot to shake out just yet but as a right shot center I'm sure he'll draw a lot of attention down the stretch.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If you guys didn't know, you're taking Zac Funk in this upcoming draft.

1713244833995.png

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Caps will pick 17th unless they reach the ECF/SCF.

Edit: Beyond that top 13 group I go MBN and then Greentree/Sennecke/Jiricek/Connelly in some order. I don't have a favorite in that group. I'd definitely try to trade up for a Catton/Eiserman slide if possible (assuming a Parekh/Yakemchuk trade up isn't feasible).

Last edited:

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Caps will pick 17th unless they reach the ECF/SCF.

Edit: Beyond that top 13 group I go MBN and then Greentree/Sennecke/Jiricek/Connelly in some order. I don't have a favorite in that group. I'd definitely try to trade up for a Catton/Eiserman slide if possible (assuming a Parekh/Yakemchuk trade up isn't feasible).

They'll probably go back to the Dub, so either Parascak or Ritchie

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Parascak is from PG and organizationally they've plucked two from there recently so he definitely should be on their radar. I'd be surprised at 17, though. Very good hands and perhaps some subtle two-way capability but a slight trade back would be more sensible.

I think Jiricek checks a lot of boxes when it comes to the injury perhaps causing a slide. It's his offensive upside that would make me wonder but he does think the game pretty reliably. MBN, Jiricek, Sennecke, Greentree, Connelly is how I'd rank them currently but the later two have the U18s to make a case.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Lindstrom 11, Sennecke 12, Jiricek 13, Eiserman 14, Iginla 15, Chernyshov 16, Greentree 17, MBN 18. Surprised Iginla is so low and Catton so high given how much Pronman tends to reflect industry opinion. Will be very interesting monitoring Eiserman's U18s and where he ends up.

Reactions: Silky mitts

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Lindstrom 11, Sennecke 12, Jiricek 13, Eiserman 14, Iginla 15, Chernyshov 16, Greentree 17, MBN 18. Surprised Iginla is so low and Catton so high given how much Pronman tends to reflect industry opinion. Will be very interesting monitoring Eiserman's U18s and where he ends up.
Any thoughts on Egor Surin?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I like Surin over Chernyshov. Not sure he's a top 20 guy but should at least go in late first, be it to a rebuilding team with extra picks that like his make-up or a contender valuing his energy.

Reactions: usiel

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I like Surin over Chernyshov. Not sure he's a top 20 guy but should at least go in late first, be it to a rebuilding team with extra picks that like his make-up or a contender valuing his energy.
In the Chermyshov part of the video I posted it seems like stats not really there just more projectable or maybe a late bloomer.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
The Vegas 2nd round pick would have moved down 3 spots last night had they beaten Anaheim, and if they don't make the conference finals

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I watched Surin this week after reading about his MHL playoffs. Definitely the profile of a riser. Playmaker with an edge. Could have a Daniil But style rise into top 15/20

Reactions: usiel

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Kiviharju back healthy playing for home country Finland at the U18s. Had an assist early in their win. 17 seems a bit early but if they really like his hockey IQ he could be a consideration. Not the biggest guy but if he's explosive, productive and a sound problem-solver it's manageable enough.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Kiviharju back healthy playing for home country Finland at the U18s. Had an assist early in their win. 17 seems a bit early but if they really like his hockey IQ he could be a consideration. Not the biggest guy but if he's explosive, productive and a sound problem-solver it's manageable enough.
Need some offense from the back end in the system. Fever, Iorio, Chelsey are all nice pieces but don't really move the needle offensively. Sandin has kind of disappointed me on that front as well and Kiviharju projects like a juiced up smooth skating Sandin. I wouldn't be against him depending on what offensive D are still available at our pick. I think in the 12-20 range there could be a couple offense first defenders still on the board to pick from. Guys you could pair with a steady partner and play a ton of minutes and PP. Similar mold to Mike Green I guess is what I'd like to see in that range of pick. Serious organizational need imo with Carlson on the way out in the not too distant future.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Parekh & Yakemchuk likely won't be within range absent a bold trade up. Not sure Kivi has that in spades. Jiricek at present also doesn't. Those later two would help and be decent but high quality PPQBs are hard to find. By all means they ought to be aggressive in landing something closer to legit impact talent, whether that's trading up or trading out.

Overall they need competitiveness in every sense. Leonard was prototypical in that regard but they need more across the board. MBN has it but may be just slightly outside their range as well. Greentree would be my current guess at 17, though more as a finesse upside play with size than a true two-way stud.

The guy that probably fits that criteria the most otherwise is Surin. If they think he'll stick at center and are prioritizing that sort of consistency and IQ then 17 would maybe be a bit bold but conceivable. If they're being realistic then they really need to take consistency and leadership into very heavy consideration given what's unavoidably to be a pending transitional stage. They can't overvalue it but the time of them just spamming finesse Euro wingers to throw into an existing powerhouse are over. They need foundational building blocks.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad