GDT: 2024 NHL Draft (Time and place TBA)

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Not that surprising. There is still clear top-12 for me. Jiricek is the odd man out mainly because of the injury. He's still somewhat around there but he will continue to slide while others play. Just like Kiviharju is sliding now despite being top-5 before the season.

Top-12 pick would be nice. If there is ~20 pick on the table with Jiricek or Kiviharju still on the board i'd try to get one of them for 2 of our 2nd rounders. But they are both likely sliders in my books.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Just saw this from a mock a month and a half ago.

puke.png

🤮

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Jiricek 12, Eiserman 13, Iginla 16.
Saw Iginla play this weekend (and Cristall). Iginla was far more noticeable. Cristall was ok. Not great.

However they did play Everett. And man, the SilverTips are strong. Totally dominated Kelowna. Their top D pair was all over Cristall’s line.

Last edited:
Reactions: usiel and Marshall

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Where is Buium expected to go? What range pick?
I’m no expert like Langway, but I do believe that he (along with Parekh) have been mocked just barely inside the top 10.

So probably out of reach for us - but obviously still a lot of time for things to change.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Still very hard to say where players will go but hard not having Buium/Parekh/Yakemchuk inside the top 10. I think Pronman has Yak at 4 or somewhere thereabouts. Then you've got Silayev, Dickinson and Levshunov that will also go early so it's living up to the billing of being a choice blueline group. Silayev is such a unicorn but may have the lowest offensive upside of the lot. But because he's got such a rare frame he may go the earliest. After Celebrini it's anyone guess how GMs will sort them.

Eiserman may slide. Catton perhaps as well due to his size. But only so far. There are quite a few wild cards like even Lindstrom now due to all of the time he's missed. He should still go quite high but it's to the point of being hard to peg his range. Iginla has finished well enough that he's probably top 12. Someone deserving won't go top 12 and it's tough to say who that may be. Helenius? Eiserman? The recent Athletic article on Eiserman wasn't great for him I don't think. But if he tears up the U18s it should speak for itself.

The 13-17 range then seems like the range for a mid-tier where Helenius is most likely to be first off the board or go earlier and then there's MBN, Greentree, Connelly and Jiricek that have upside that stands out against the field. Three wingers and a defenseman so...not ideal options necessarily but productive skilled players. Jiricek being more of the wild card due to time missed.

Reactions: RedRocking

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Seems like we are destined for another winger if we finish somewhere 13-18

All the best D will be gone, except maybe Jiricek who is already a wildcard. But I do like Greentree, MBN, Chernyshov in that range as wingers

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yeah, primarily MBN and Greentree I'd wager. They're the safest combination of floor and upside. Greentree a bit rangier/lankier but with a large frame to fill out. Both with the skillsets to be 2Ws all day with the potential of being more productive depending on fit.

Jiricek could be a fit given the time missed as an upside swing assuming he would have put it all together. But I think it's a bit of a stretch he would have. Mostly I'm not sold on his offensive upside and even with a fairly mature two-way RD I'm not sure that question puts him ahead of MBN/Greentree at least.

Connelly is a wild card. Maybe he deserves prime consideration. But the off-ice stuff in addition to needing to fill out considerably would at least put him below MBN and Greentree for me. Chances are I'd sort them MBN, Greentree then I could go either way on Jiricek/Connelly the mid-range wildcards. Those two shouldn't slide that far but they are the toughest to sort.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia

interesting. especially since we’re now likely picking mid-late instead of early-mid, quite a few guys interest me. Iginla is probably my pipe dream, with guys like kiviharju/chernyshov/boisvert/hutson also guys i like for a late ish first

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Unless we make the conference finals, pretty safe to say we are still picking 17th or 18th at the latest…

Reactions: um

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Unless we make the conference finals, pretty safe to say we are still picking 17th or 18th at the latest…
still, outside of hutson all of those players are about who i’d want. 17-24 was about the range i was imagining, although you’re right about that fact

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Catton down to 15. Unless Jiricek is available not many offensive dmen appealing in the latter half of the first round.

Seems like some Center options though around where the Caps will likely draft.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Deepest defense class since 2012. Greentree fairly high here. Barring shake-up performances down the stretch hard to budge off of Greentree, MBN and Jiricek as the best bets outside the top tier.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

Deepest defense class since 2012. Greentree fairly high here. Barring shake-up performances down the stretch hard to budge off of Greentree, MBN and Jiricek as the best bets outside the top tier.

Seems a bit top heavy in the Top 15 and then in 2nd round (per Craig Button's list)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad