Votes: 56 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.6%

• Total voters

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
A lot of people in here like him if the teams ahead go with offence — we’d really have to be snake bitten not to see one of Demidov/ Lindstrom be available at the Habs’ pick.
Well that’s it lol….Celebrini, Lindstrom, Demidov and Iginla would have to go 1-2-3-4…..now that’s bad luck borderline impossible if I’ve ever seen it

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Eiserman falling, Iginla rising. Worried about Lidstrom's back issues, no matter what his agent says. Fact he missed U18 because of it (in his draft year) after missing a long stretch of the season is concerning. I'd feel safer with a healthy, very young and improving Iginla over him at this point... Even if Lidstrom's size and skating is very enticing.

They have to be sure if they go for Lidstrom to not get Vilardied.

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Dickinson
4. Levshunov
5. Silayev
6. Iginla
7. Buium
8. Lidstrom
9. Catton
10. Eiserman

HM: Yakemchuk

Reactions: Frank JT and vokiel

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Who’d you take if Iginla AND Levshunov were available at 5?

Man, I know we need forwards, skilled ones but Lev would solidify our RD along with Reinbacher and Mailloux for the next 12yrs!!
Levshunov, I think. And and like Iginla a lot.

Dickinson, Silayev, Levshunov and Buium will all be very, very, very good defensemen.

I see Iginla as a top 6 winger in the Leonard mold, which is awesome as well... But he's a winger.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Dont know if this was posted

Arpon Basu on the idea of Beckett Sennecke being chosen in 5th position;

People need to come to terms with this possibility. It's possible "
I really like him; he has some Jean Béliveau in him . That said, i only saw highlights of him :laugh: , Lindstrom, Iginla and Demidov. I understand the Lindstrom physical element he would bring but think he has less skills . Iginla is interesting , but i still think that he has less elements in his game or pur skills than Sennecke

Reactions: SlafySZN

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Think it’s the 165lbs and Frail frame with little room for growth that will set him back…..at least he appears this way, for all I know he may end up a 190lbs warrior
He will cause he is already at 175 pounds and not 163 anymore.

He said to a French media 3 weeks ago that 163...was many months ago and he is now at 175.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Iginla is an interesting evaluation. His tools say 2nd liner, but he’s one of those guys who really know how to do the little things to produce so I could see him outproducing his “ceiling”. His tools say he’s not worth the 5th overall. But down the line he could prove worth it.

Part of me thinks the sons of players have a major advantage, they really have been coached up in a way most people haven’t. Iginla could be a less gritty Tkachuk.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Eiserman falling, Iginla rising. Worried about Lidstrom's back issues, no matter what his agent says. Fact he missed U18 because of it (in his draft year) after missing a long stretch of the season is concerning. I'd feel safer with a healthy, very young and improving Iginla over him at this point... Even if Lidstrom's size and skating is very enticing.

They have to be sure if they go for Lidstrom to not get Vilardied.

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Dickinson
4. Levshunov
5. Silayev
6. Iginla
7. Buium
8. Lidstrom
9. Catton
10. Eiserman

HM: Yakemchuk
man, would be nice to advance to the top 15.

Yakemchuk, Parekh, Sennecke, Helenius, Connolly still on the board.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I could not agree more. I don’t understand the apparent blind spot here. Lack of size is silly at this stage… he can still be a 5’11, 185-190 pound pro which is fine.

In the last 10 years… players that have had similar CHL draft year production as Catton almost to a player has turned out to be an NHL superstar.
See above.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Iginla is an interesting evaluation. His tools say 2nd liner, but he’s one of those guys who really know how to do the little things to produce so I could see him outproducing his “ceiling”. His tools say he’s not worth the 5th overall. But down the line he could prove worth it.

Part of me thinks the sons of players have a major advantage, they really have been coached up in a way most people haven’t. Iginla could be a less gritty Tkachuk.

Iginla vs Sennecke will be interesting to follow over the next couple years. The player with an elite tool, or the player with the more sophisticated game.

It's close IMO.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Habs 1st was decided by the lottery at #5.
Winnipeg's 1st is now 24-27, it will be locked in by the end of this round
Colorado's 2nd will be affected by the Stars v Avs series. If the Stars win, the pick will be either 57 or 58.
Washington's 7th is locked in at 210

So #5, 70, 78, 102, 130, 134, 166, 198, 210
+Win 1st (24-27)
+Col 2nd (57-58 or 62-65)
+Edm 7th (217 or 222-225)
So Habs picks are:
5, 26, 57, 70, 78, 102, 130, 134, 166, 198, 210

Edm 7th is 222-225

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022

I've refrained from commenting on the draft since getting Slafkovsky completely wrong but I would caution against "tools" talk in general. It's rare you see a singular tool utilized in the NHL without it being entirely contingent on a variety of other tools and decisions -- eg he might have a good-not-great shot but if he knows how to read the play and how to lean to fool the dman, he will fire off his good-not-great shot from a superior scoring position than if he didn't know those things but had a laser.

Doing the little things right means he has talent to apply his tools, so I'd agree with you that Iginla seems like the sort of prospect who could surpass whatever ceiling is placed on him.

Reactions: Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad