• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 56 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.6%

• Total voters

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I tend to agree that with Dickinson having a fantastic OHL playoffs, and the fact he can continue to impress with a good Memorial Cup, he will definitely be in the conversation for all teams picking after San Jose. These are cornerstone type defensemen that you can build you whole defense around.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Dickinson, Silayev and Levshunov go between 1-4.

The Jackets are plotting

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Corey Pronman says on his Athletic Hockey podcast that depending on who you talk to around the league, there are teams that think Tij Iginla is in consideration at No. 4 overall in the draft. -The Columbus Blue Jackets Center

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Corey Pronman says on his Athletic Hockey podcast that depending on who you talk to around the league, there are teams that think Tij Iginla is in consideration at No. 4 overall in the draft. -The Columbus Blue Jackets Center
The reports from all sources are just nuts. No one knows anything, they’re all guessing at this point, something you can also find on this forum for free.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

The draft order is a complete crapshoot at this point. I just hope we land one of Demigod or Lindstrom. I can see Catton going 2nd overall just like I see him going 10th overall.

Reactions: Rozz

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Well this scenario leaves us with one of Levshunov, Demidov or Lindstrom , could be worse.

Reactions: Rozz

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Makes me think of last year again,
Carlson-Fantilli-Smith was all in our target and they got picked up before #5.
Just like Demidov-Lindstrom-Levshunov will be.
A player better than all those guys fell into our lap and we passed on him. We just need to select the right player this time.

“Kapanen could maybe become better than Lindstrom, so they should take Sennecke”

How am I supposed to respect Grant’s opinion when he spews dumb shit over and over again?
This is disingenuous and you should be embarrassed. You may not like Grant, but to misrepresent his points to dunk on him is not a good look.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The reports from all sources are just nuts. No one knows anything, they’re all guessing at this point, something you can also find on this forum for free.
As Bobby Mac said with his final draft rankings, he’s never seen this level of randomness after 1OA consensus in his 35+ years of doing the list

Reactions: Runner77

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This is disingenuous and you should be embarrassed. You may not like Grant, but to misrepresent his points to dunk on him is not a good look.
Okay. He said what he said.

I don’t need to dunk on him. He did that himself saying Michael McLeod was the best player in his draft and throwing a hissy fit when people called him out on it.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I just continually find it hard to see both Lindstrom and Demidov going in the top 4.

NHL scouts and GMs aren't going to resist the cat nip of big rangy defenseman like Levshunov, Dickinson and Silayev. Don't underestimate what Dickinson can do for his stock if he goes into the Memorial cup, knocks some bodies, shuts some players downs and blasts some goals into the net.

You would be able to see John Davidson and Pat Verbeek frothing at the mouth.
Buium will better than all of those you mentioned.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
So the Levshunov-Silayev-Dickinson going 2-3-4 dream is still alive and well it seems. Surpirsed Yakemchuk is not in the convo to go top 4. He is better than Levshunov.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don’t get this fascination with Buium when we have Hutson. If you draft Buium you’re basically tossing Hutson aside because now you’re forced to give your 5th overall pick the better 5v5 opportunities, O zone starts, and PP1 time.

So we get a 2nd round steal that has surpassed every expectation, looked like a high impact player his first two NHL games, and then you say “meh but we prefer this new guy we don’t know instead.”

It’s just an extremely poor use of a 5th overall pick and bad asset management when you already have a guy that brings similar qualities.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
So the Levshunov-Silayev-Dickinson going 2-3-4 dream is still alive and well it seems. Surpirsed Yakemchuk is not in the convo to go top 4. He is better than Levshunov.

Knowing my favorite team, Habs, even if Leshunov, Silayev and Dickinson going 2-3-4, Habs will go with Carter Yakemchuk at 5.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaynki

skidcells

May 11, 2023
I think I’ll be quite the formidable playoff team with the addition of Demidov/MBN or Lindstrom/MBN. I hope they find a willing partner for a trade up with the Winnipeg pick (I am aware it’s a difficult task)

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I would add Dickinson to Buium. I think Dickinson is being forgotten in the board discussions because many people are focused on a forward and then on points somehow forgetting Dickinson is a PPG Dman. He is also among the youngest players of the draft.

Picking a potential top 6 winger rather than a potential top 2 Dman looks like a mistake to me.
Dickinson’s defense is very good so if his offense is just ok he can be a #1.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
By picking an inferior player. They can want who they like, and I like Reinbacher, but it is fumbleable.
Define inferior…….Michkov is superior to which players who were picked ahead of him?

What makes you think Habs knew Michkov was a better player and would lead this team to a Stanley Cup but opted for an inferior player?

By picking an inferior player. They can want who they like, and I like Reinbacher, but it is fumbleable.
Fumbling only to those who believe Michkov is the bettter player….and maybe he is, maybe he isn’t….will need to see them both perform on the highest stage

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Knowing my favorite team, Habs, even if Leshunov, Silayev and Dickinson going 2-3-4, Habs will go with Carter Yakemchuk at 5.
I could see Bergy choosing him, not HuGo.
It really will be Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla/Sennecke.

I've ben seeing Iginla rated in top 5 in some rankings/mocks lately.

Reactions: Runner77 and bopeep

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
A player better than all those guys fell into our lap and we passed on him. We just need to select the right player this time.
well i don't know if it's 100% true but the rumor said that he did not want to play in MTL and that he had a strong personality and hard to coach.
This being said i would of not draft a guy that doesn't want to play in MTL even if he's better.
Demidov is really not the same guy, he said that he wanted to plays in MTL and his work ethic is flawless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad