• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Yeah I see great hands, along with great speed, a great wrist shot and great size. There’s a very intriguing package.

The growth has been uncanny. Can you imagine how you’d feel as a normal human just walking if you went from 5’10 to 6’2 in under a year? He’s turned that to his advantage quite quickly in a fast paced sport. The thinking should be how much better can he get once he’s filled out and more coordinated.

I mean, we're drafting 5th. Already passed over a safe pick in Leonard last year in favor of a project in Reinbacher, and so far it looks like it's about to backfire pretty brutally.

Can we, for once, just let other teams take the bet on the lame duck and actually just draft a guy that we don't have any trouble projecting as a key element of the team going forward?

Because by all accounts, the hype surrounding Sennecke ever growing to be a guy able to utilize his physical attributes optimally, and amounting to anything more than a static guy with magical hands is just that. Hype.

Like Whitesnake said earlier, it's making things WAY more complicated than they should be at #5 when we're virtually guaranteed to be able to pick one of Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla or Catton. It's trying to project a projection and see through a crystal ball.

There's raw and RAW. And Sennecke is RAW.

Last edited:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Sennecke's stick skills/shot for a big guy is very good. Some of his dangles are impressive (fancy slam dunk in the NBA) but in many cases, it's not necessary. I don't think this works at the NHL level. There are way too many guys that know how to play D vs the CHL. His long reach is an asset for him.

Still a great prospect with a good resume. I just have him in the 8-12 range and I would consider it a reach to take him 5. If this is our target, this is a trade down strategy IMO.

Skating is not a concern with Lindstrom for me. It's very very good for someone his size. Shot is also very good. I don't think his play making/vision is good though. Not a true type center at the NHL level. E Kane is a good comparable.

To be quite honest, from what I read, heard and saw, this is not even working all that much at the CHL level. When it does it's a highlight reel. But nobody talks about the dozens of times it just ends up being a turnover.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I mean, we're drafting 5th. Already passed over a safe pick in Leonard last year in favor of a project in Reinbacher, and so far it looks like it's about to backfire pretty brutally.

Can we, for once, just let other teams take the bet on the lame duck and actually just draft a guy that we don't have any trouble projecting as a key element of the team going forward?

Because by all accounts, the hype surrounding Sennecke ever growing to be a guy able to utilize his physical attributes optimally, and amounting to anything more than a static guy with magical hands is just that. Hype.

Like Whitesnake said earlier, it's making things WAY more complicated than they should be at #5 when we're virtually guaranteed to pick one of Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla or Catton. It's trying to project a projection and see through a crystal ball.

If Reinbacher is a project then what is Leonard and what has led you to believe this?

How is it backfiring? What is Leonard’s timeline and why?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Like Whitesnake said earlier, it's making things WAY more complicated than they should be at #5 when we're virtually guaranteed to be able to pick one of Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla or Catton. It's trying to project a projection and see through a crystal ball.

lol the first paragraph tells me all I need to know. No point.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And what's that?

Back in the CHL next year, contend for a Memorial Cup, if they are out early come into the AHL at the end of the year if there's games/playoffs to play. Then they'll be on the NHL roster the following year, likely playing a sheltered bottom 6 role with PP2/1 time.

How is Reinbacher a project? He was a top pairing defender in a very good euro league in his draft year and then came over and was immediately an impactful AHL defender at 19?

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Back in the CHL next year, contend for a Memorial Cup, if they are out early come into the AHL at the end of the year if there's games/playoffs to play. Then they'll be on the NHL roster the following year, likely playing a sheltered bottom 6 role with PP2/1 time.

How is Reinbacher a project? He was a top pairing defender in a very good euro league in his draft year and then came over and was immediately an impactful AHL defender at 19?
In the same way that Evander Kane is a stiff, as some argued here yesterday.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Dramatic effect.

BTW, take a look at 5OA picks the last 25 years. If you get a Kane level player you’re doing well. Elias Peterson is the high water mark.
Have you heard of Carey Jesus Price?

As I said many times now. I like Kane. He's not a stiff, he's an above average player, but he's not a difference maker. I want to draft a better player than that.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Reinbacher will be a stud and his partner will be Sam Dickinson

Robidas blood pressure is way too high give him a break.

Listen to uncle Button

:teach:

Reactions: Jabba11

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Eiserman reminds me of a guy I know who was really good in his calibre, always scoring, but never understood yet how to play in his zone, OZP, breaking all the drills in the practices because he never understood them, etc., but was scoring goals much more than everyone else.

All his coaches, teammates were complaining about him, but still managed to score goals.

I would not touch this guy with our first pick, but if we could get another one, hw would be a wonderful bet.

I would not put my job or my faith into this guy at 5, but he could be a homerun.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Eiserman reminds me of a guy I know who was really good in his calibre, always scoring, but never understood yet how to play in his zone, OZP, breaking all the drills in the practices because he never understood them, etc., but was scoring goals much more than everyone else.

All his coaches, teammates were complaining about him, but still managed to score goals.

I would not touch this guy with our first pick, but if we could get another one, hw would be a wonderful bet.

I would not put my job or my faith into this guy at 5, but he could be a homerun.
Everything about Eiserman says Phil Kessel - who has scored over 400G and nearly 1000 pts in the NHL

• Haha
Reactions: Jabba11

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

I think it's fair to say he has a very high ceiling, and the more development time he gets the more of a chance he'll get there. But he's also immediately impactful like you said, so I could see him being rushed. So he's like a project that will still end up being something if you don't put the work in.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Everything about Eiserman says Phil Kessel - who has scored over 400G and nearly 1000 pts in the NHL
Except he’s nothing like Kessel. Kessel was a great skater and an underrated playmaker. A lethal snapshot while in stride. Eiserman is more Mike Hoffman than Kessel. Even then, Hoffman was a better skater.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Okay, draft experts(junkies). Can someone tell me how does Iginla compared to a Mathew Tkachuk draft year please? I think Tkachuk was more dynamic, maybe less of a versatile shooter as Iginla. Both seem to have that drive to the net ability and tendency which is great, can play with grit, good puck protectors, but I think Matthew had that extra step with his skating. Am I wrong or do we see similarities or not? Thanks in advance

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Okay, draft experts(junkies). Can someone tell me how does Iginla compared to a Mathew Tkachuk draft year please? I think Tkachuk was more dynamic, maybe less of a versatile shooter as Iginla. Both seem to have that drive to the net ability and tendency which is great, can play with grit, good puck protectors, but I think Matthew had that extra step with his skating. Am I wrong or do we see similarities or not? Thanks in advance
Other than competitiveness, I don’t think they are too comparable. Tkachuk always had a really good shot, but he still preferred to be a playmaker and create space for his linemates. Did all of the dirty work below the hash marks. Tkachuk was a slightly worse skater (agility and edge wise) but had a stronger base and was more difficult to knock off the puck.

Iginla is a sniper. Does a lot of little things well. It’s obvious both learned the game from elite fathers as they can read the play in advance (at least in the offensive zone). Both have a good hockey IQ, but Tkachuk was a lot more physical and initiated it a lot more. Iginla doesn’t avoid it, but he just can’t play the same way, he doesn’t have the frame for it like Tkachuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad