• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
If you're not flawless you're not good.

Reminds me of the talk about del Bel belluz' skating. Yeah he skates poorly into the other team's zone with the puck shift after shift, you got it chief. Only this time it's into the opponent's crease.

Reactions: Mrb1p

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Reminds me of the talk about del Bel belluz' skating. Yeah he skates poorly into the other team's zone with the puck shift after shift, you got it chief. Only this time it's into the opponent's crease.
He (Lindstrom) is definitely not a bad skater, he's pretty good. He's just got a bit of a weird stride and almost runs on the ice lol. Gets him where he's going pretty quickly though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

New pre-draft analysis video on Sennecke from board favorite David St. Louis

Sennecke's stick skills/shot for a big guy is very good. Some of his dangles are impressive (fancy slam dunk in the NBA) but in many cases, it's not necessary. I don't think this works at the NHL level. There are way too many guys that know how to play D vs the CHL. His long reach is an asset for him.

Still a great prospect with a good resume. I just have him in the 8-12 range and I would consider it a reach to take him 5. If this is our target, this is a trade down strategy IMO.

He (Lindstrom) is definitely not a bad skater, he's pretty good. He's just got a bit of a weird stride and almost runs on the ice lol. Gets him where he's going pretty quickly though.

Skating is not a concern with Lindstrom for me. It's very very good for someone his size. Shot is also very good. I don't think his play making/vision is good though. Not a true type center at the NHL level. E Kane is a good comparable.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I also want to address that this prevailing theme that the Habs are going to ignore a surefire top pairing defenseman in the draft because they want a forward.

You don't think Hughes isn't in those scouting meetings and hearing his scouts talk? They either know the guys they project as that are gone before they pick; or they don't have that projection on any defenseman in the draft.

The idea that they would pick a clearly inferior player to what they project in house just to take a lesser forward is just broken logic. Hughes' comments would be made with what he's heard from his people in the room over the entirety of the year.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Here’s something that could send him down.
Briere hasn’t talked to Michkov since the draft?

There's always a risk with Russian players that aren't already over here playing imo. Gotta have that locked down intel before snagging them these days :)

Who knows if Briere is telling the truth or not but if he is, that's now two high profile picks in as many years that want nothing to do with the Flyer organization.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's just the nerd behavior of overscouting skating. We dissect movement as if there was one single way of moving and we ignore the result. Same thing with edges and speed, if a player has insane edges but doesn't possess elite speed, he's a bad skater, like Benson last year.

I've read, from the most prominent poster on this board, that Demidov wasn't a good skater too.

We can thank David Saint-Louis for this virgin behavior.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I can't see Demidov being there at 5. Unless there is something I don't know about. Because his skill says no way he slides

That's where I am too. Columbus has a good tall center in Fantili, but the forward group lacks that elite player. They also have quite a few Russian players on the team already which is always a plus for integration while still a minor thing obviously

I'd think the lists (Celebrini excluded) for teams 2-4 are:

Chiacago: 1: Levshunov 2: Silayev 3: Demidov. Pick: Levshunov

Anaheim: 1: Levshunov 2: Silayev 3: Lindstrom. Pick: Silayev

Columbus: 1: Silayev 2: Demidov 3: Lindstrom. Pick: Demidov

Montreal: 1: Demidov 2: Lindstrom. Pick Lindstrom

I could also totally be wrong. I feel like we could see Buuim or even Helenius as the pick for the Ducks though I doubt it

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
There's always a risk with Russian players that aren't already over here playing imo. Gotta have that locked down intel before snagging them these days :)

Who knows if Briere is telling the truth or not but if he is, that's now two high profile picks in as many years that want nothing to do with the Flyer organization.
He kind of looks like he’s being coy when he says it. The whole “we are not allowed to talk to him” is BS, I don’t buy that GMs actually follow that rule. At the very least he’s definitely talking to his agent.

Reactions: Deebs

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Not gonna lie, I love this year's draft lead up. Everybody is all over the place, no consensus, love it. This is what makes it all fun and interesting. Never seen the board being so spread out with their preferences.

With all being said, I hope we land Zeev Buium hahahahaha
He should be our target but that would absolutely mean we would need to trade a left defenseman to trade back up and get a forward.

I can't see Demidov being there at 5. Unless there is something I don't know about. Because his skill says no way he slides
I think that if Chicago pass on him there are good chances he will drop to 5.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I also want to address that this prevailing theme that the Habs are going to ignore a surefire top pairing defenseman in the draft because they want a forward.

You don't think Hughes isn't in those scouting meetings and hearing his scouts talk? They either know the guys they project as that are gone before they pick; or they don't have that projection on any defenseman in the draft.

The idea that they would pick a clearly inferior player to what they project in house just to take a lesser forward is just broken logic. Hughes' comments would be made with what he's heard from his people in the room over the entirety of the year.
I agree
look at last year. they took a D man.
does not mean one of these really good d dont' get taken by KH

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Agreed. Also, this could very well just be part of the gamesmanship Hughes likes to play with the media. Whether he’s sincere or unsure, it’s in the team’s best interest to not show their cards to all the other GMs.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
HuGo aren't complete idiots. Regardless of what they've said publicly, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't pass on a Dman they think could be a guaranteed 1st pairing long term NHLer just for the sake of drafting a forward. I do trust they'll get the top guy available on their list, regardless of needs. They WILL be leaning towards a forward if it's anywhere close, though.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly, when I see Sennecke, he looks a lot like Scheifele in his draft year. A long rangy forward, with soft hands and good vision, missing a little coordination at times
It is also reminiscent of Kotkaniemi which is also scary.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
HuGo aren't complete idiots. Regardless of what they've said publicly, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't pass on a Dman they think could be a guaranteed 1st pairing long term NHLer just for the sake of drafting a forward. I do trust they'll get the top guy available on their list, regardless of needs. They WILL be leaning towards a forward if it's anywhere close, though.
Yeah, if they like a dman they will take him, 100%.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So they’re partial idiots?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad