• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I would have picked J Leclair

I honestly don't think Lindstrom is a center at the NHL level.

The first test will be the world juniors and how team Canada uses Lindstrom.
Where kids play in the WJC has zero bearing on whether they'll play C or wing in the NHL.

Lindstrom may or may not play a regular role at C in the NHL. It will depend upon who else is on his team, his development, ability to win draws at the NHL level etc. One thing he will do is provide flexibility both up the middle and on the wing which is very valuable in today's game.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If they can't trade up they'll trade down. Thye actually need quantity too lol their prospect pool is barren.
They already made this exact trade with the Yotes by trading down from 11 for this specific reason. I can't see them doing it again.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Jesus, Lindstrom shouldn’t be with Josh Anderson in the same conversation.
Thats who he plays like the most. Or Alex Tuch. He doesn't play like Benn at all.
They already made this exact trade with the Yotes by trading down from 11 for this specific reason. I can't see them doing it again.
Where they draft, they'll have to massively reach for a D. I doubt they want to add yet another F when they could add two or 3 Ds.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'd love to know who are the 3 Left d-men that we already have that are better than Dickinson or Buium. I just don't understand not picking them if they believe they are great because we happen RIGHT NOW to have Guhle, Savard, Matheson, Harris, Hutson, Xhekaj. Both Savard and Matheson won't be here long term. Harris is totally expendable. Leaves Guhle, Hutson and Xhekaj. As much as I like him Hutson is still unknown. And Xhekaj is a 3rd pair d-man. Both Dickinson and Buium are superior to them.

This habs team STILL, to this day, as gaps everywhere.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'd love to know who are the 3 Left d-men that we already have that are better than Dickinson or Buium. I just don't understand not picking them if they believe they are great because we happen RIGHT NOW to have Guhle, Savard, Matheson, Harris, Hutson, Xhekaj. Both Savard and Matheson won't be here long term. Harris is totally expendable. Leaves Guhle, Hutson and Xhekaj. As much as I like him Hutson is still unknown. And Xhekaj is a 3rd pair d-man. Both Dickinson and Buium are superior to them.

This habs team STILL, to this day, as gaps everywhere.
And I’d love to know who are the forwards better than Demidov, Lindstrom and Iginla. Because I can create a pretty good defence with the Habs NHL team and pool. I can barely create a passable Top 6 in offence with what they have and coming up. I certainly can’t create 3 good lines.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where kids play in the WJC has zero bearing on whether they'll play C or wing in the NHL.

Lindstrom may or may not play a regular role at C in the NHL. It will depend upon who else is on his team, his development, ability to win draws at the NHL level etc. One thing he will do is provide flexibility both up the middle and on the wing which is very valuable in today's game.

Don't agree. When you are talking about the true type centers, team Canada plays them in that role at the World Juniors. Don't give me a Crosby on wing when he was 16 example eh.

What you are seeing is those types that are wingers/centers. There are a lot of them and I believe Lindstrom is one of them. He's more of power winger than a true type center. I stand firm on that.

Show me a big list (not a small list) of true type Canadian full time centers in the NHL that Canada played on wing at the world juniors (age 18/19 seasons).

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And I’d love to know who are the forwards better than Demidov, Lindstrom and Iginla. Because I can create a pretty good defence with the Habs NHL team and pool. I can barely create a passable Top 6 in offence with what they have and coming up. I certainly can’t create 3 good lines.
Well I say that thinking it's possible, not my choice, but that Demidov and Lindstrom could be gone. Then it's Iginla vs Dickinson vs Buium vs Catton etc.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Senecke seems to be rising on a lot of lists.

Reactions: le_sean

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Don't agree. When you are talking about the true type centers, team Canada plays them in that role at the World Juniors. Don't give me a Crosby on wing when he was 16 example eh.

What you are seeing is those types that are wingers/centers. There are a lot of them and I believe Lindstrom is one of them. He's more of power winger than a true type center. I stand firm on that.

Show me a big list (not a small list) of true type Canadian full time centers in the NHL that Canada played on wing at the world juniors (age 18/19 seasons).
Sorry if I missed something but what is the point that you're trying to make? That Lindstrom won't play center in the NHL because he hyphothetically might not play center for Team Canada in the 2025 WJC?

I really don't know what you're trying to get at. And why would you require a big list of Canadians who have played center in the NHL after not playing center in the WJC? The two situations (one that hasn't even happened) would have literally zero bearing on one another. My money is on him playing center for Team Canada at the 2025 WJC but it's not indicative of where he'll play when he's a 25 year old NHL forward.

Last edited:

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I'm officially #teamTij

Looks like the perfect compliment to a line with Suzuki and Slaf. No disrespect to Caufield I just don't think that's his proper spot, prefer him with Dach on 2nd line.

Tij: you guys are so good !
Suzy and Slat: you too bro !

• Love
Reactions: bopeep

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Ngl. I definitely want Tij because of his dad. Nothing wrong with that. I wanted Brady Tkachuk too at the time. His dad had a great career and Matthew looked promising. We don't have to overthink this. Heck, I even wanted to draft Filip Forsberg (instead of Galchenyuk) and he's not even related to Peter Forsberg.

I've seen most scouting reports on youtube and it's easy to want Tij. I don't think it's all hype. He will fit right in.

For me Iginla is definitely behind Celibrini Demidov. The rest of the forward group is hard to separare. I am a big fan of Catton s skill but I fear he may end up a winger vs Helenius who has less skill but seems to have 2C floor written all over him. Iginla has very projectable skills and I could see him as a good complementary winger in the top 6.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Anderson comps for Lindstrom are turning me off come on guys :laughs:
Please quit that nonsense

Comprehension can be a problem for the nit pickers out there. It was a range from Anderson to Byfied. That's a big range eh? But then some posters see a Anderson trigger word and get all cramped up forgetting about Byfield in the same sentence. :laugh:

Lindstrom has a low base IMO. How about you quit the nonsense of not liking it and also not providing your own comparable low base? Fair is fair

The only nonsense going on is the lack of comprehension. Gullible mindset thinking that nobody in this top 10 will disappoint.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
For me Iginla is definitely behind Celibrini Demidov. The rest of the forward group is hard to separare. I am a big fan of Catton s skill but I fear he may end up a winger vs Helenius who has less skill but seems to have 2C floor written all over him. Iginla has very projectable skills and I could see him as a good complementary winger in the top 6.

Not sure you have Iggy read well. He's certainly not a complementary piece on wing. He's got center experience and is a puck carrying winger. He makes players around him better, not the other way around.

Behind Celebrini yes. I would have Demdiov and Iggy close but edge to Demidov.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If they can't trade up they'll trade down. Thye actually need quantity too lol their prospect pool is barren.

I don't think anybody trades down with the quantity mindset and not wanting the quality. You know this but it's usually a BPA range of talent where they like a few guys and know they will get one of them if they trade down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad