• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 17.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.3%

• Total voters

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Imagine someone thinking a 210lb + player is undersized. lol

They probably look a Benoit Pouliot or KK and love the profile … even tho they can’t stay on their feet. They’d love the Habs to build a volleyball team!!
You’re missing the point. You can only have so many under six feet top 6 forwards. Teams with too many don’t win in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I have no idea who we should pick, but I have been watching some of those scouting vids and I love watching Sennecke. Not sure if that is the best reason to pick a player. But he is big, and I think we could use a great stick handler like that.

Reactions: Gally11

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just watched 47 mock drafts.

69% Iggy
20% Lindstrom
10% Catton
1% Sennecke (Grant)
Who ran those mocks, Iggy’s family?

Goes against the overwhelming majority of sources/ users I’ve been reading on Twitter. I wonder what the rationale might be.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
All depends on how much separation there might be between these players on each team’s rankings. If they’re all perceived as being in the same tier, some D might go off first.

I don’t think the injury antecedents will affect Lindstrom. He’s training now, can show how healthy he is at the combine and is providing his medicals. Not sure about Demidov, will he even be at the combine?

Hopefully, 2 of the 2-4 ranked teams pick a D and we’re in business.
I’m pretty sure Demidov would be. After all I think his agent is also putting a showcase on? Sounds as if he’s healthy again

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What about the nightmare scenario (highly unlikely)

1- MC
2-DEMI
3-lindstrom
4- Iggy Jr

Would you guys go next available forward? Catton , helenius, eiserman, sennenke etc or go top rated dman? I would personally go with zee buium think he's going go be a stud ,position wise sucks but we can always trade Matheson next year or apparently he plays both sides well or trade down to the 8-9 because in this scenario I'm sure their will be a run on dman and we can still get those forwards at 8-9
It’s a no brainer, Levshunov

Guhle-Lev
Hutson Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux

That has the potential to be very very scary

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
You’re missing the point. You can only have so many under six feet top 6 forwards. Teams with too many don’t win in the playoffs.

I think you might be missing the point. Suzuki is 5'11 212 and has already had playoff success, leading a team in scoring that made it to the Finals at 21 years old and tying for the lead in scoring on a team that made the 2nd round at 20 years old.

It seems to be a little nonsensical to put someone with his physical stature and playoff history in a category of "you don't win in the playoffs with too many guys like that" because he's an inch shorter (or half an inch shorter with rounding) than an arbitrary cutoff point.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It’s a no brainer, Levshunov

Guhle-Lev
Hutson Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux

That has the potential to be very very scary
If Levshunov were to be disponible at 5OA, there would be a shitload of trade offers coming Hugues way.

One that’s been proposed here that I would do with eyes shut is 9OA + Rasmus Andersson from Flames. You get a top pair D on the right side and you can still pick one of the top forward of the draft at 9OA.

You get out of the draft with a complete quality top 6 Dcore for the next 8 years :

Guhle-Andersson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux

And get a much needed top 6 player in Iginla, Catton, Helenius, Sennecke or Eiserman.

Reactions: themilosh

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
@Goldenhands as a fellow Helenius simp, there is one thing that bugs me in that he only attacks with speed when he's on the rush. On the rush he has this nice inside out cut that gives him space to dhoot.

In zone though, he's good at creating space for himself and winning board battles, but after he's done that I want to see him charge the net to get a shot, and only pass if he sees something. Like what Iginla does. He charges the goal with the full intention of deking out any defenders and scoring, but if he sees a nice option he'll take it.

If Helenius did that I'd maybe even rank him 3rd, but right now and essentially all season I've had him around 9-12.

What do you think?

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
For the people who keep bringing up Catton's name like he's a possibility...you can take the following Tweet the bank. This is as solid as when Leroux revealed that Michkov was on the Habs' no draft list last year.

I watched some Sennecke highlight his offensive IQ and skills are insane.

If he really had that huge growth spur lately and has just started to figure out how to use his new body, he could really be worth the 5OA.

I wouldn't be mad if he's Habs' selection.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
If Levshunov were to be disponible at 5OA, there would be a shitload of trade offers coming Hugues way.

One that’s been proposed here that I would do with eyes shut is 9OA + Rasmus Andersson from Flames. You get a top pair D on the right side and you can still pick one of the top forward of the draft at 9OA.

You get out of the draft with a complete quality top 6 Dcore for the next 8 years :

Guhle-Andersson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux

And get a much needed top 6 player in Iginla, Catton, Helenius, Sennecke or Eiserman.
I suspect, with the depth/quality of this draft, regardless of who's available at 5 OA, Hughes will be fielding a lot of interest and offers for that pick. As I have said: it's good to be drafting in the top 5 of this extraordinarily deep draft.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
@Goldenhands as a fellow Helenius simp, there is one thing that bugs me in that he only attacks with speed when he's on the rush. On the rush he has this nice inside out cut that gives him space to dhoot.

In zone though, he's good at creating space for himself and winning board battles, but after he's done that I want to see him charge the net to get a shot, and only pass if he sees something. Like what Iginla does. He charges the goal with the full intention of deking out any defenders and scoring, but if he sees a nice option he'll take it.

If Helenius did that I'd maybe even rank him 3rd, but right now and essentially all season I've had him around 9-12.

What do you think?

9-12 looks like the right range for him, personally.

He does a lot of things really well but everytime I watch him, I'm always left wanting more offensively.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

What do you think?
Valid point, I saw him getting inside a couple of times, but he mostly shine at cycling the puck and keeping possession. Its also harder to get inside and driving the net in Liiga than it is in the CHL.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I see 2 options with the pick of Winnipeg:

1- Trade the pick for a player like Necas
2- Trade up to select a player they love and who fills a specific need

For option 2, I see them going for a player with a very high floor since we already have the skills guys on the first 2 lines (Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slafkovsky, 2024 1st pick). These 5 players are more than enough as an offensive core to win a cup. I think they will try to go for complementary middle 6 players / role players. Here is the list of 5 players that I would target with Winnipeg's choice including 4 more role players:

1- Cole Beaudoin

Speed, grit & intangibles. If your 3rd trio is led by Beck & Beaudoin, these are players who will play on the penalty kill, who will be annoying for the opponent. I see a dynamic that each of these 2 players takes the faceoff on their strong side. He reminds me of Trent Frederic.

2- Sacha Boisvert

Probably a little further from the NHL given his USHL journey to the NCAA, but I don't think that's going to be a factor in the evaluation since we have a lot of depth up front that's going to need to be evaluated. Upside superior to other players on the list with his excellent shooting. Otherwise don't fear the physical game which is an integral part of his game. The rest of his game is average, but given his size/shooting/physical game, he's the type of player who will be targeted. Will probably be a winger at the next level, average hockey IQ.

3- Emil Hemming

Despite his excellent size, he is not a physical player. Above average skating and he has good offensive instincts, his best asset is his shot, one of the best in the draft. However, when we look at the Canadian's prospect bank, there are no skill players with good size to play on a 3rd line. I see him having this offensive role on a 3rd line with Beck and potentially Newhook.

4- Andrew Basha

Watching games and clips for Lindstrom, Basha was more visible and had the puck on his stick more often which is always a good sign. Excellent play maker, he's a poor man Catton. What will remain to be seen is to what extent he benefited from his excellent team to improve his statistics (McKenna, Lindstorm, Wiesblatt who are at 1.5 points per game). I think he could be a skills guy they like especially if they go for a size player with the 1st pick (Lindstrom, Sennecke), a bit like the selection of Mesar (skills) after that of Slafkovsky (size ).

5-Charlie Ellick

A bit like the role of Braden Schneider (physical player 5th defender, can go up as 4), I see them drafting this player because he fills a need: a defensive rock. Very good skating, but the puck is a hot potato for him. In the Canadiens' prospects as a right-handed defenseman, Barron/Mailloux have offensive roles, but no right-handed one of this type. A 3rd defensive pair composed of Xhekaj - Ellick in series with Sherwood's shots behind the opponents' backs makes me dream.
Would you put Julius Miettinen in 25 range?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad