• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 16.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.3%

• Total voters

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What is wrong with touting an obviously talented player that Habs likely have a chance to draft?

If a poster is convinced Dickinson is BPA at 5, that’s not lunacy. Dickinson might have a better career than any of Habs’ current LD.

Have too many? Ya make a move or two.

I understand Hughes has said ‘no LD’ at 5, but I am failing to understand any need to say that whatsoever.
Habs hadn’t held their scouting meetings when he said no LD. What if Bobrov thinks Dickinson can carry the mail, grab bulls by the horn and impress hockey historians?

It’s a whole other ballgame behind the scenes and things can change.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Habs hadn’t held their scouting meetings when he said no LD. What if Bobrov thinks Dickinson can carry the mail, grab bulls by the horn and impress hockey historians?

Maybe Bobrov'll say Dickinson is a unicorn 🦄 and Buium has been making his own pasta 🍝, living alone since he's 15 and that he thrives under the immense pressure of being the future face of jewish-american hockey?

... all that in a passionate speech with his glasses in his neck.

:sarcasm:

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

Yeah, Hughes said that all things being equal they would look at another position. So if things aren't equal, and a LD is their BPA, they'll likely take the LD.

We'll see how many D are taken between 2 and 4. I could see a scenario where 3 D are taken between 2 and 4. I could see a scenario where 3 F are taken between 2 and 4. The draft is wide open, so I doubt we'll know all that much for certain until draft night.

On the bright side, I feel safe asserting that there will not be 3 G taken between 2 and 4...

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Riley Mercer is a dominant goalie in the series right now. He just had a shutout. He is 6'2" and was invited to Habs camp in 2022.
IMG_5522.png
IMG_5523.png

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I strongly disagree as I can very easily see three of Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson, Buium, Parekh and Lindstrom being selected before Demidov. I think Anaheim and Chicago are taking dmen and Columbus might very well take Lindstrom over Demidov. Columbus is a good bet to take him but I would put those odds much closer to 50/50 than to over 95% as you are suggesting.
With Chinakhov, Marchenko, Voronkov, Provorov on their team, they seem well positioned to add Demidov over Lindstrom. It just makes sense for the Jackets. Lots of size to insulate him and compatriots to make his transition easier.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Noone's sleeping on him. But that's the draft, guaranteed we will be missing out on a lot of good players. Just gotta make sure the one we drafted are going to fit in with our team.

With that said, Dickinson is not my choice. Not at 5th OA. A top 6 forward should be the number one priority, imo.
A top 6 forward is drafting for needs. Dickinson is a top 2D, potentially a #1D. That's higher value and better pick for us.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
A top 6 forward is drafting for needs. Dickinson is a top 2D, potentially a #1D. That's higher value and better pick for us.

Or they think Guhle is every bit as good as he will be, that there's no guarantee Dickinson will hit to where Guhle is now and have a higher evaluation on forwards that they have an easy path to integrate into the line up.

If you have a staunch belief you already have your 1LD 2LD and 3LD, and you've identified a top line forward that you do need, you're going to take the forward.

They're not drafting a LD. They'll get paid to drop back if the board falls in a way where a LD is clearly at the top of everyone's board, which is extremely unlikely.

When Bob's list comes out and they say there's no consensus after 1, that's the belief of NHL scouts around the NHL. There's no sure fire Dickinson is a top pairing D, otherwise the majority of NHL scouts would rank him with a consensus in the top 5 of the draft. He's not. Buium isn't. Parekh isn't.

Only Silayev and Levshunov got that support. With Silayev you are 3 seasons before he even touches NA ice, so they'll get paid to not take him.

Reactions: No More Subban

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Fans : beware of late risers, e.g. KK PTSD

Also Fans : let s take Sennecke because he played 16 good games !

The late riser issue gets twisted into a playoff performer quality depending on fans want to see. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jabba11

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

Not sure how much more empassioned he can be after that. I can maybe see Bobrov pulling one of these for Iginla this draft.

1715430119471.gif

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
What about the nightmare scenario (highly unlikely)

1- MC
2-DEMI
3-lindstrom
4- Iggy Jr

Would you guys go next available forward? Catton , helenius, eiserman, sennenke etc or go top rated dman? I would personally go with zee buium think he's going go be a stud ,position wise sucks but we can always trade Matheson next year or apparently he plays both sides well or trade down to the 8-9 because in this scenario I'm sure their will be a run on dman and we can still get those forwards at 8-9

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's not in many mock drafts

I would take Miettinen with Winnipeg's pick if we still have it. He's ranked to go 33-50. Early 2nd.

He's a big guy who can skate & has skills. He played last year in Finland's U20, but decided to come to Canada to play for Everett this year.

It was his first year, and he got off to a slow start, but then picked it up in 2nd half. He finished with 67 pts in 66 gp, and was well above ppg in 2nd half.

I would not be surprised if he goes before #25.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010

1- MC
2-DEMI
3-lindstrom
4- Iggy Jr

Would you guys go next available forward? Catton , helenius, eiserman, sennenke etc or go top rated dman? I would personally go with zee buium think he's going go be a stud ,position wise sucks but we can always trade Matheson next year or apparently he plays both sides well or trade down to the 8-9 because in this scenario I'm sure their will be a run on dman and we can still get those forwards at 8-9
They probably just take Sennecke. They might even like Sennecke more than Iginla

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

1- MC
2-DEMI
3-lindstrom
4- Iggy Jr

I'd pick Catton or Helenius, depending on who the scouts prefer between the two.

Reactions: Rozz and HuGo boss

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021

1- MC
2-DEMI
3-lindstrom
4- Iggy Jr

In this scenario, I take Levshunov and run to the bank laughing.

Defense may not be our biggest need, but a potential #1D is always worth more than a good 2nd line forward. If chips fall this way, we will only need to work around our logjam with trades.

I am getting quite intrigued with Silayev who I haven't had the chance to look at much yet, but who I see going top 3 in some mock drafts. If he has the potential of a #1D with his size and good skating, then would he be worthy of changing draft idea? I am asking myself that question ATM.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

1- MC
2-DEMI
3-lindstrom
4- Iggy Jr

Getting Levshunov would definitely not be a nightmare scenario

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Fans : beware of late risers, e.g. KK PTSD

Also Fans : let s take Sennecke because he played 16 good games !

The late riser issue gets twisted into a playoff performer quality depending on fans want to see. :)

Fans: I don't want a late riser like Sennecke!!
Also Fans: IGINLA NO MATTER WHAT!!

Bob McKenzies pre-season rankings: Sennecke HM, Igina NR.
Bob McKenzie's mid-season rankings: Sennecke 19, Iginla 16
Bob McKenzie's pre-lotto rankings: Sennecke 14, Iginla 10.
  • Sennecke top 5 votes: 1; Iginla Top 5 votes: 0

1- MC
2-DEMI
3-lindstrom
4- Iggy Jr

You just take Levshunov and have the sickest top 4 in the league. Then work the board hard to trade whatever you need to move up and get whoever is falling between Eiserman, Helenius, Catton, Sennecke or Iginla.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad