• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 56 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.6%

• Total voters

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
On these boards back when, I will say 70-90% of the fans hated the B Tkachuk pick. Seen a lot of devalue comments. I personally wanted to take him but got influenced. Never happening again.

* Horrible skater
* International tournaments are flukes.
* Only looks good because of size (McCarron fever lol).
* Not even in the top 10.

I think there is a lot of pumping/deflating going on for several guys. I guess that is the usual year/year.

It's difficult to nail down from 2-10. Very difficult in this draft.
Yup I remember this, happened with Matthew in his draft year too. I feel like players were getting overvalued because of size for so long by NHL management, us fans have a tendency of underrating guys with size and leaning more towards the smaller flashier players. In his draft year Brady had a very unique combination of size and soft hands that you don't see very often in players. This year I feel like Lidstrom has a unique combination of size and footspeed that does not come around very often. He moves like he's 5'9 out there, just a freak athlete.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
You would have to sacrifice Habs 2025 1st. I'm not against it but it is a big risk. We would need at least to make it top 5 protected.
Are you serious?

If the Habs are packaging the 2025 1st for a top-5 2024 pick, they're obviously not going to get top-5 protection.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I dont think so. If you go back to this draft and look at the comments on this board nobody wanted Tkachuck. Actually people where pushing for Zadina at number 3.
HFboards isn’t Bergevin/Timmins. They would have taken Tkachuk over Zadina 100%

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
I hope we can grab Lindstrom, if not then Iginla seem like a can't miss prospect but Buium is the guy I think habs should draft. I know what Hughes said about drafting a LD but from what I understood if they consider him a clear tier above the forwards maybe they'll look at him and figure out the rest later. Not getting my hopes up for that thought.

in order of preference:
Demidov
Lindstrom/Buium/Levshunov
Iginla
Sennecke

Reactions: Jabba11

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
No doubt in my mind, if Demidov is a Habs pick, I will forget Michkov anyday of my life.

Michkov looks like the better goalscorer, but Demidov is actually more complete player, better playmaker, better defensive game, looks even more intense than Michkov.

3 years of tanking with Slaf, Reinbacher and Demidov?!

That's really really good!

But yeah, Lindstrom or Iginla, that's really really good aswell.

The future is bright!
Intensity isn't one of Michkov's strong suits, especially defensive intensity. I'm a huge fan of Michkov, but I just don't know why you brought this up.

Reactions: montreal

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Me and Pierre McGuire

1000003802.jpg

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
TIG IGINLA! Tell me what flaw he has? This kid is going to top out at 6'-1" and 200 lbs and he's got it all. Skating, edge work, Shot, Grit, IQ. Look at that focus in his eyes.

Edge work and that Shot and not afraid of contact. SIGN ME UP!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
When a player is above 6ft1 and 200lbs, he is overrated bc of his size and dominate only bc of his strenght against his peers.

When a player is below 5ft10 and 190 lbs, he is too small and wont be able to recreate what he does in the junior stage.

The perfect size for a draft year player is truly 6ft, 190lbs. Therefore we can only focus on his skillset.
Nah they've been trying to discredit Iginla for his size in here too.
Intensity isn't one of Michkov's strong suits, especially defensive intensity. I'm a huge fan of Michkov, but I just don't know why you brought this up.
Michkov is pretty intense and a very strong competitor. Don't fall for the smear campaign.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nah they've been trying to discredit Iginla for his size in here too.

Michkov is pretty intense and a very strong competitor. Don't fall for the smear campaign.

Who's been trying to discredit Iginla for his size? Are they crazy? He's already at 185 lbs and one of the youngest in this draft. Kid is going to top out at 6'-1" and 200 lbs. The type that shines in the playoffs when the going gets rough.

Love that edge work and his shot. Easy decision for me and taking him at 5 is the sweet spot for me. Is there any chance someone from 2-4 takes him? Doubt it right?

Teams in the 6-12 range are probably targeting him big time.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Eiserman’s issues stem from concerns around coachability. He seems to be pretty arrogant and defiant in the face of criticism. And that wouldn’t be such a big deal except there are holes in his game.

To me, he has the highest ceiling. His goal totals are insane. But if you draft him and he doesn’t listen to what needs to be done? It’s a problem. I can see why he’s sliding.

Still would love to have him. Still think he’d work out here. But I’m perfectly fine with us going in a different direction. We can get sizzle from Demidov, Size and oughness from Lidstrom… lots of different options here.

Eiserman seems to be sliding. I like the idea of trading the Jets pick this year and Flames next year for Sharks second 1st round pick. I’d even throw in our first next year if it guaranteed we got Eiserman.

We have an abundance of prospects now. I’d rather we get higher quality. If we could somehow walk out of this draft with Lidstrom and Eiserman… I think we’re set.
I thought Laine would be a 45-60 goal scorer

Pure goal scoring talent without the coachability and IQ/heart isn't not something I'd want so high in the draft

Reactions: SwiftyHab

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Where did you get this info? Well, the meteoric rise started well before the playoffs and just accelerated in the playoffs. Some posters wondered about the slow start but it is really the final product that counts as long as the selecting team can be sure that the current level of play is what the player is. I think someone brought up Slaf's case where the player had a rather pedestrian first half of a season in Liiga and then took off after the Olympics.
I read it somewhere, can’t remember where.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Gotta say

Dickinson looks like a future capitain and a playoff warrior

And yes, I'm saying that based on this one image
As I said yesterday, we're not picking a Dman, that much is very clear, but if we WERE, he would be my guy. His absolute floor is what Guhle is now IMO, his ceiling could be as high as a Heiskanen if his excellent offensive game translates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad