Votes: 53 17.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i believe he had more points than any U18 in the KHL ever, defenseman or forward. Part of that was the amount of minutes and games he played, but still historic.

correct, he broke Tarasenko's record for most points in the KHL by a U-18 skater by 1 pt. He also crushed the record for most games played in the KHL by a U-18 skater, as only 6 others in the KHL's history played more then 21 games in the KHL before Silayev this year. So in the last 18 years only 6 U-18 skaters have appeared in more then 21 KHL games. Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Kaprizov, Yurov, Mukhamadullin and Kitsyn

But keep in mind that his teammate Artamonov had more then double the points but because he's a mid Nov b-day he's considered his age 18 season.

Only 5 U-19 skaters in the KHL's history have had more points in a season then Artamonov, who put up more points then Michkov in his age 18 season though in much less games. He's also the 2nd youngest to do out of the 6, Tarasenko didn't turn 18 for another month later then Artamonov.

Last edited:
Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

But some claim he’s a “bad playmaker” and doesn’t read the game well

I think people says that because Basha was the playmaker on his line while Lindstrom was the finisher. He does read the game very well thought from the shift I've seen, excellent anticipation in the ozone, even if it's mostly anticipating what Basha would do.

But even if those stats says "excellent playmaker", he's not the most creative guy with the puck. When Lindstrom has the puck, it usually goes to the net/near the net.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Has there been any news on Demidov's knee? He's #2 on many lists and an unreal talent but NHL teams will definitely want to check that out before using a top 5 pick on him. I doubt he'll be at the Combine so NHL medical teams could be busy when he comes to NA in late-June.

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Has there been any news on Demidov's knee? He's #2 on and unreal talent but NHL teams will definitely want to check that out before using a top 5 pick on him. I doubt he'll be at the Combine so NHL medical teams could be busy when he comes to NA in late-June.

Apparently he is doing well and will start training in June for the combine.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Has there been any news on Demidov's knee? He's #2 on and unreal talent but NHL teams will definitely want to check that out before using a top 5 pick on him. I doubt he'll be at the Combine so NHL medical teams could be busy when he comes to NA in late-June.

He will not be at the NHL combine, but his agent is making a mini-combine/showcase for his clients. As for his injury, here's the latest update:

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I can’t remember where but I’m pretty sure I read recently that Demidov wants to come to North America ASAP but he doesn’t want to play in the AHL, straight to the NHL? Can someone confirm this?

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He will not be at the NHL combine, but his agent is making a mini-combine/showcase for his clients. As for his injury, here's the latest update:
Thanks! That knee evaluation could potentially shift the draft plans of a team picking near the top almost on the eve of the draft if they don't like what they see in that June 18-13 period.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Are there a lot of people watching a lot of MHL games?

MHL games are streamed on youtube. Furthermore, he played a handful of game in the KHL at the beginning of the season with SKA.

I can’t remember where but I’m pretty sure I read recently that Demidov wants to come to North America ASAP but he doesn’t want to play in the AHL, straight to the NHL? Can someone confirm this?

The are official reports from his agent that he wants to come to NA once his contract expire (1 year left). The are also recent news that he wants out of his contract with SKA, but Rotenberg will not let him out.​

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Oliver Kapanen has officially signed with Timra IK in the SHL. The contract will expire at the end of the 2025-2026 season.

If the Canadiens offer him an entry contract this summer, he will be forced to return to Sweden only for the 2024-2025 season, he who would be free to come to North America in 2025-2026.

Moreover, according to the transfer agreement put in place in the NHL, if the Canadiens sign Kapanen this summer, he will be able to participate in training camp in the fall.

However, if the Canadiens decide to wait until next summer to sign him, Kapanen will have to honor this contract in full (unless mutually terminated). » - Marco D'Amico

Galchenyuk15

Jan 2, 2013
I don't understand how everyone want a forward no matter what with the history we have. The best pick we have make is Carey Price and the worst was Jesperi Kotkaniemi. The first one was the BPA no matter what and the second one was to fill a need.

Even if you don't need Hughes or Tkachuk, you do with it, because it's the guy to pick and in the long run everyone wins, more valuable assets/impact player you just need to be creative with it.

You don't build your team at the draft table it's a crapshoot even with a top pick if you want to build your team at the draft table you trade the pick for immediate help on a more mature players and not the potential of a young prospect; if you want something concrete you will reach your goal way faster with that.

People seem to have forget the last ERA of your next Big 3 with Hollywood Hainsey and Mike"I handle the puck like a grenade" Komisarek. We have a lot of d-man prospects but quantity doesn't mean quality we have 3 young guy with a special talent, Guhle can become a shutdown pair, Xhekaj a true heavyweight and Hutson a offensive dynamo. The first two are injury prone and the third one has size issue. After that, you have Reinbacher, Engstrom, Kornyushkov, Mailloux has potential top 4, maybe top 2 for the first one! We have 2 complete d-man in Guhle and Reinbacher, all the others have some flaws somewhere! Mailloux has all the tools in the world but how we will use him in the long run if Hutson and Matheson is here; I can't see Matheson stay if Hutson is ready in short term, I would have no use for an other offensive d-man like Barron or Mailloux knowing they will never touch the PP or close and how they respond at even strenght and their toolbox.

We need to stop thinking we are set at D, we are not even close yet. We can't keep a lead, we give 25 scoring chances each games and goalie need to do 5 miracle each games to be competitive and we can't keep the puck outside of the net in the PK! I know the young D-man will progress and become better, now it's like a jungle with the roster we have, but to believe the same pieces would become a shutdown D at maturity who will be able to contend year after year in the good window is to dream awaken! The team will change a lot in the next years and the "final" roster would not include 6 d-man coming from your prospects! When we will compete we will do like Colorado, Vegas and Tampa Bay looking for the best assets we can with what we have!

If the staff don't believe in the forward at your draft rank be creative and try to trade him for something you believe. I don't want to take a shortcut, we do the rebuild the right way, but because of their situation, I would make a call to Ottawa with a giant offer for Brady Tkachuk!
Your first + Mailloux or your first + Newhook has base to work on! Paid the big price for the guy you think who can help you to bring the next Stanley Cup and I think Tkachuk is a player like that; I would be ready to give one of my nuts to have him! With Tkachuk, everyone would be in the right chair in PP, Tkachuk-Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield on the 1st unit and Dach-Roy, 2 players who can drive the pp, on the second unit; it would be awesome and the best PP we have since 1995; HM to 2009!

I'm not sold on Newhook, not a bad player at all, but if everything goes well in 2 years it will be Newhook-Beck-Roy on the third line and if he not evolve his game to something else, became a PK guys or becoming a beast on 200 hundreds feets like Andrew Cogliano have do after understanding he was not good enough to be an offensive player, he would be a guy we need to replace for a guy like Lekhonen, a young Maroon, Paul or a young Perry because they add something valuable for a contender team more than a speedy player who can put some points on the sheets. Colorado have no use for him in their window, it will be the same case here if he don't improve and stop pencil this guy on the second line at least for the future, we are not losing since 3 years to contend with Newhook on the second line, be real for a second! I know we have lower your standard since 30 years because of the team we have over the time but it's not a reason to do the same mistake again and again!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I don't understand how everyone want a forward no matter what with the history we have. The best pick we have make is Carey Price and the worst was Jesperi Kotkaniemi. The first one was the BPA no matter what and the second one was to fill a need.

Even if you don't need Hughes or Tkachuk, you do with it, because it's the guy to pick and in the long run everyone wins, more valuable assets/impact player you just need to be creative with it.

You don't build your team at the draft table it's a crapshoot even with a top pick if you want to build your team at the draft table you trade the pick for immediate help on a more mature players and not the potential of a young prospect; if you want something concrete you will reach your goal way faster with that.

People seem to have forget the last ERA of your next Big 3 with Hollywood Hainsey and Mike"I handle the puck like a grenade" Komisarek. We have a lot of d-man prospects but quantity doesn't mean quality we have 3 young guy with a special talent, Guhle can become a shutdown pair, Xhekaj a true heavyweight and Hutson a offensive dynamo. The first two are injury prone and the third one has size issue. After that, you have Reinbacher, Engstrom, Kornyushkov, Mailloux has potential top 4, maybe top 2 for the first one! We have 2 complete d-man in Guhle and Reinbacher, all the others have some flaws somewhere! Mailloux has all the tools in the world but how we will use him in the long run if Hutson and Matheson is here; I can't see Matheson stay if Hutson is ready in short term, I would have no use for an other offensive d-man like Barron or Mailloux knowing they will never touch the PP or close and how they respond at even strenght and their toolbox.

We need to stop thinking we are set at D, we are not even close yet. We can't keep a lead, we give 25 scoring chances each games and goalie need to do 5 miracle each games to be competitive and we can't keep the puck outside of the net in the PK! I know the young D-man will progress and become better, now it's like a jungle with the roster we have, but to believe the same pieces would become a shutdown D at maturity who will be able to contend year after year in the good window is to dream awaken! The team will change a lot in the next years and the "final" roster would not include 6 d-man coming from your prospects! When we will compete we will do like Colorado, Vegas and Tampa Bay looking for the best assets we can with what we have!

If the staff don't believe in the forward at your draft rank be creative and try to trade him for something you believe. I don't want to take a shortcut, we do the rebuild the right way, but because of their situation, I would make a call to Ottawa with a giant offer for Brady Tkachuk!
Your first + Mailloux or your first + Newhook has base to work on! Paid the big price for the guy you think who can help you to bring the next Stanley Cup and I think Tkachuk is a player like that; I would be ready to give one of my nuts to have him! With Tkachuk, everyone would be in the right chair in PP, Tkachuk-Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield on the 1st unit and Dach-Roy, 2 players who can drive the pp, on the second unit; it would be awesome and the best PP we have since 1995; HM to 2009!

I'm not sold on Newhook, not a bad player at all, but if everything goes well in 2 years it will be Newhook-Beck-Roy on the third line and if he not evolve his game to something else, became a PK guys or becoming a beast on 200 hundreds feets like Andrew Cogliano have do after understanding he was not good enough to be an offensive player, he would be a guy we need to replace for a guy like Lekhonen, a young Maroon, Paul or a young Perry because they add something valuable for a contender team more than a speedy player who can put some points on the sheets. Colorado have no use for him in their window, it will be the same case here if he don't improve and stop pencil this guy on the second line at least for the future, we are not losing since 3 years to contend with Newhook on the second line, be real for a second! I know we have lower your standard since 30 years because of the team we have over the time but it's not a reason to do the same mistake again and again!

I'm drunk right now, I can't read all that... but nice write!

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018

bro this is 2024.. we don't got the attention span for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad