Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I wonder how far the Habs can squeeze Calgary for the chance of drafting Iginla?

Could they for instance, as part of the assets going the Habs way, have all the silly conditions that Hughes and Treliving negotiated, removed, such that the Monahan 1st rounder becomes a free and clear unprotected pick?

I sure as heck would get that done if it’s possible to do.
Have them remove the Florida pick from the equation and maybe top 3 protection. If it moves to 2026 it could be 1st overall.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If the draft go like this:

1 - SJ: Celebrini.
2 - CHI: Demidov/Lindstrom/Leshunov.
3 - ANA: Demidov/Lindstrom/Leshunov.
4 - CLB: Demidov/Lindstrom/Leshunov.

Kent Hughes said that they want a forward but will maybe go with RD aswell, if he is the best player available. (I only see Zayne Parekh).

So if Lindstrom or Demidov are not available at #5.

Who do you want with #5?

I really want Tij Iginla.

I see good options like:

Berkly Catton.
Cole Eiserman.
Konsta Helenius.
Beckett Sennecke.
Zayne Parekh.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pure poetry about slimy shit, if you think about it. It’s the best sentence ever about some bottomless shit-filled dumpster.
I meant to capture the flux and trajectory of toxic waste as it makes its way to a final restless place. And yet, here we are, looking for more. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Have them remove the Florida pick from the equation and maybe top 3 protection. If it moves to 2026 it could be 1st overall.
That would work.

Have conditional trades ever been revisited and restructured before?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

He sees him as a D2……not second pairing

It’s at the 8:10 mark of the interview

Sees him logging in heavy minutes

Here's the thing, I get excited when I see our second round Hutson and watching him play, I don't get that about our #5 and I feel it's wrong. I wouldn't trade Lane before Reinbacher. Nobody is talking about Reinbacher in the prospect world, they are drooling over our second rounder. I watched that, and in another off-beat interview he says 2nd pairing, so maybe it's all in the wording. I hope I'm wrong, we need him to be a stud with that high of a pick.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think KH said top 4 in his NHL 2023 post draft interview about Reinbacher

I thought he said #2 defenceman.

Hey, Serge Savard was a #2 defenceman!

Wouldn't be shocked at all. Helenius is the exact type of obscure European lacking elite tools that Bobrov would be in love with for some reason.
I honestl;y don't know and did not check - Were you one of the people saying Slafkovsky had no elite skills?

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
We will get one of Demidov or Lindstrom for sure.

Most likely they know who’s going 2-4 by the draft.

I don’t get a feeling Chicago will trade down with Demidov. Maybe the price would be Guhle and #5 overall. Which Hughes won’t trade.

The Ducks at 3 might be willing to move the pick as I think they want a defenseman. Silayev or Leshunov. One of those two defenseman. Ducks are loaded at forward with Carlson Mctavish Gauthier. Zellweger and Mintyukov are offensive guys so they need a big horse like Leshunov.

Columbus is a wild card as they can pick defenseman or forward. I think they will go for Leshunov if he’s available. To a lesser extent Sam Dickenson at 4 but they can trade down.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I hope we trade with Anaheim to secure Lindstrom and Anaheim still draft their guy in Levshunov because I don't think he's Columbus pick at 4th.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
So Hughes thinks Reinbacher will be a #2. So who will be our #1D? Guhle?

Does Guhle have the potential to be a #1D on a championship team?

Because if not, this draft sounds like the perfect draft to get that #1D... just saying...

Look at the Leafs, or even better the Oilers. You can have the best player of this era (McDavid) and another generational forward (Draisatl) but if you don't have that #1D you're not sniffing the cup. :dunno:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Right now I'm thinking Iginla, but might switch to Sennecke bandwagon eventually.

I'm not dead set yet.

Reactions: jaffy27

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I can"t believe that some people have Lindstrom before Demidov.

What size can do in people's mind.....

I don't have Lindstrom in my top 6 because of his very average IQ and vision

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I wonder how far the Habs can squeeze Calgary for the chance of drafting Iginla?

Could they for instance, as part of the assets going the Habs way, have all the silly conditions that Hughes and Treliving negotiated, removed, such that the Monahan 1st rounder becomes a free and clear unprotected pick?

I sure as heck would get that done if it’s possible to do.
For a Club like Calgary, drafting Iginla would be huge.... The feelgood vibes would do wonders for the fan base, almost erasing the pain over the past 2 years.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Demidov, Lindstrom, Levshunov, Buium or Dickinson.

If not, trade down and use the newly acquired assets + WPG pick to acquire a 2nd top ∼15 pick and draft 2 of Catton/Helenius/Eiserman/Sennecke/Buium/Dickinson/Parekh/Yakemchuk.

Reactions: atrud66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad