Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.2%

• Total voters

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
If Lindstrom/Demidov are gone at our pick and our scouts think the BPA is a defensemen at that point, would you:
  • Trade back anywhere from 6-10 for additional assets.
  • Trade the Winnipeg pick+assets from trading down+young defenseman for another pick in 10-15 range.
  • Draft 2 of Helenius/Iginla/Catton/Eiserman/Sennecke

I'd draft the D man

Reactions: dcyhabs

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Last time they did that, they took KK and it was the biggest mistake they make in the past 15 years.

Take the BPA, so many things can change in 2-3 years
You can't just distill everything to Kotkaniemi/Tkachuk and make every decision through that lens forever. If we're just using 2018 as an analogy, I could easily say that passing on Iginla is like passing on Tkachuk so we should run to the stage to pick him if he's available no matter what the rankings say (most lists had Zadina ahead of Tkachuk!)

If you like Parekh/Dickinson/Buium or whoever better than Iginla/Sennecke that's totally reasonable, it just has nothing to do with 2018 or Kotkaniemi/Tkachuk

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'd offer our 2 picks + Reinbacher for the 1st OA.

All we're missing is a true, bonafide, legit forward star.

(and 2 good 3rd liners)

Jul 6, 2016
I'm happy to finally know where our pick is going to be!

I know it's not very realistic, but I'm hoping Hughes can move up to 2nd .. we have the pieces to make a significant offer that would help Chicago in their rebuild. all depends on how Chicago sees the draft and the separation of the 2-5 ranked players

picking at 5th i want Demidov, Catton, Lindstrom, or Iginla.
Chicago with Bedard and Demidov will be interesting to watch.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Maybe but where not stack with futur #1 Dmen..

I just don’t consider Iginla/Sennick in the same tier then the Dmen available personally. If Lindstrom is there you take him without hesitation

If there were slam dunk future 1s, they are gone before we pick. Levshunov there and Lindstrom Demidov gone? Sure.

Silayev? No.
Buium? No.
Parekh? No.
Yakemchuk? No.

Reactions: themilosh

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
You don’t over think it and you take Iginla.

Trading down may be an option, but Iginla is low risk and medium/high reward. He’s as close to sure thing you’ll find at #5.

We will look back in 3-4 years and regret not taking him just like Tkachuk.
That's likely what will happen if the top 3 forwards are gone and the Habs want a forward at 5.

Even though LHD is an organizational strength for the Habs they're gonna be sitting there at 5 with some damn good dmen still on the board, who may be better than all the dmen currently in the system, but unfortunately that's not what they're looking for from this draft class.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
1. San Jose - Celebrini
2. Chicago - Demidov
3. Anaheim - Levshunov
4. Columbus - Lindstrom
5. Montreal - Iginla

If I were a betting man, this would be my guess as of today.
Unfortunately, this is what I think too.

But Silayev is a top 5 pick for 8/10 scouts polled by MacKenzie, and I'd not be surprised if either Chicago or Anaheim goes for the big D.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I doubt they draft Iginla who projects more like a strong complimentary player. Its way easier to get a Iginla like winger on the FA market than a top 6 C or a #1 defenseman like Silayev.

There's an Iginla pedigree of proving this wrong however. Jarome was described as complimentary as well, until he wasn't at all. If Tij becomes strong in the gym, who knows what he can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad