Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
And Kent Hughes JUST said that they are mostly aiming at a forward but if a RIGHT D-MAN is ahead of the forward, that they'll think about it.

But nope....the Habs do not pick by needs...lol.
He's basically saying that if Levshunov drops to 5, Habs are drafting him, but that can only happen if Demidov and Lindstrom have been taken already.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
And Kent Hughes JUST said that they are mostly aiming at a forward but if a RIGHT D-MAN is ahead of the forward, that they'll think about it.

But nope....the Habs do not pick by needs...lol.
Not sure how it becomes an absolute, but do you really go lhd at 5th yourself if that’s what’s next on your list?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Honestly I’m not overly thrilled with our options at 5 if we aren’t interested in Catton (due to being smaller apparently). Also am assuming Demidov is off the board for us as well. Could see us going D again lol I’m just not seeing it with Lindstrom he just doesn’t have the IQ he’s a specimen who can rip it sure but I see more of a 2nd line winger maybe a 1st liner but definitely a bit one dimensional.

Kind of intrigued by Sennecke, think I’d prefer him to Lindstrom if we are going after a big forward. Just see more upside with his skill level.

All this to say I’m pretty bummed we didn’t win the lottery lol

How does everyone see the top 5 shaking out as it stands?
I'm thinking it'll be something like:
  1. San Jose - Celebrini
  2. Chicago - Demidov
  3. Anaheim - Levshunov
  4. Columbus - Lindstrom
  5. Montreal - No clue
Gotta go off Bobs list if we’re guessing, and looks like the top 4 is clearly Celebrini, Demidov, Silayev and Levshunov.

Lindstrom appears to be the clear 5th guy and I’m not overly thrilled with that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
When you're picking in the top 10, you always factor in the team. These guys are a year or two away from being in your lineup.

If they're special talents you do it. Which is why you'd take Bedard if you were already small up front. Or take Celebrini when all you've done is draft forwards for a decade (Sharks)

You're not gonna pick a LD that's subjectively a bit better than a forward that you need.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If Celebrini, Demidov, and Lindstrom and say the MSU dman are gone top 4 do the Habs take a dman, which will likely be the group of best players left on the board @ 5 or just bite the bullet and take their forward @ 5, even if it's a bit of a reach at 5, which is what I think they'll just do if the above 3 forwards are gone before they pick.

Hopefully one of the top 3 forwards are still there at 5 though.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He's basically saying that if Levshunov drops to 5, Habs are drafting him, but that can only happen if Demidov and Lindstrom have been taken already.
I don't get it. Sorry. We do not have 3 Niklas Lindstrom on LD. Our best young LD has a history of injuries. Let's say you draft Dickinson, and think he's a 1st pair type of guy...which LD on our team will surpass him? If he's right up there, how about you move the others? I think we are overrating our left side. Yes, we have other glaring needs. Which would make me trade left d-men for the needs we have.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I'm happy to finally know where our pick is going to be!

I know it's not very realistic, but I'm hoping Hughes can move up to 2nd .. we have the pieces to make a significant offer that would help Chicago in their rebuild. all depends on how Chicago sees the draft and the separation of the 2-5 ranked players

picking at 5th i want Demidov, Catton, Lindstrom, or Iginla.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad