HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Let's say we get Levshunov

You wouldn't trade Reinbacher one on one for Ryan Leonard?

I trade Levshunov for a comparable forward prospect. Not Reinbacher.

Reinbacher is much better on the defensive side of the puck, the hope is a lockdown D. Levshunov is much better offensively and worse defensively. I think we need Reinbacher defensive potential on the ride side because of his fit with Hutson. He can hopefully anchor that pairing and allow Lane to do his thing and play aggressive.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Reinbacher will be a lot better then Mailloux.
Danm he's allready better and 2 years younger, you can't compare the 2 like that.
Mailloux is but not Reinbacher
Agree, but if Reinbacher is able to net you a much higher quality forward than Mailloux, then you at least have to think about it

Reactions: Doublechin

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
But as has been discussed here at length, “BPA” is an amorphous, not easy to define, and fluid concept.
But if you impose a positional criteria, how do you determine who is the best forward available.? The best defenceman available? Some teams seem to be able to successfully make that determination and remain competitive year after year. And others flounder and don't win a Cup in over thirty years.

View attachment 859085

And got AJ Spellacy.

You can see I added a lot of size and took a mystery Russian. To me anyways
Vanacker is going in the first round. Probably in the top 20 and certainly before Letourneau.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
BPA is a fabrication. There is no such quantification. There is no measuring tape that makes it an exact science. That is the other problem with this thesis. It is a mantra that some people keep repeating, because they trust their peers who use the same language.
Bullshit BPA is a real thing 4 or 5 years down the road. :sarcasm:

I agree It is very rare there is a clear cut BPA.

Reactions: Rozz

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
This is the order in which I would pick if I was the Habs. Factors in the forward need slightly. One of Demi, Lindstrom, Catton, Iggy should be there when we pick 7th, but I can honestly say that if any of the players named below are our pick, I will be fine with it and trust that the scouts/management have done their due diligence. Macklin is the dream.

Mack
Demi
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Catton
Iginla
Buium
Helenius
Eiserman
Parekh
Dickinson
Silayev

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
If demidov is off the board,

Why would we take even a slight chance on Lindstrom (health) if Ignila is still available?

Iginla would be my pick just as Ryan Leonard was my pick last year (risk management).

Don't get me wrong, I really like Lindstrom like the most of us.

Reactions: Frank JT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad