HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Having seen very little junior hockey and knowing no one on this board gives an F about my picks, I thought I would try the draft simulator and post the results.

5) Cayden Lindstrom C
27) Michael Hage C
58) Heikki Ruohonen C
70) Aatos Koivu C
78) Spencer Gill RD
102) Alexandre Blais LW
130) Maximillian Curran C
134) Fyodor Avramov LW
198) Jesse Heslop LW
210) Ondrej Becher C

After the 2nd round, I went for size or physicality or playmaking or a combo.

How did I do? Did I set up the Habs to win the Cup in a couple of years? Did I create a dynasty?
What site are you guys using for this?

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I like how you used the words of a former HF poster to make your point lmao
Oh does posting on HF eliminate us from having our own opinions? I guess you win, we can delete every post on here and just go off what the internet lists say. lMaO

Fine then here's a redline report.

"Worked well offensively, showing speed and excellent puck control. Made plays off the rush at top gear"

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Am i the only one who is not very high on Lindstrom? Injuries and IQ are 2 big red flags for me

There's a few people who aren't high on him, but I don't think we can knock him for the injuries since we don't have access to medicals.. it's more like a reason why a team might take someone else in his stead.

I would push back on the IQ, he is one of the biggest risers this year and you don't do that without having good IQ.

TheYardMachine

Nice guy. Tries hard. Loves the game.
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2018
There's a few people who aren't high on him, but I don't think we can knock him for the injuries since we don't have access to medicals.. it's more like a reason why a team might take someone else in his stead.

I would push back on the IQ, he is one of the biggest risers this year and you don't do that without having good IQ.
From what ive seen McKenna and Basha were way better so i wonder if he was more at the good spot at the right time for his good season

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Am i the only one who is not very high on Lindstrom? Injuries and IQ are 2 big red flags for me
His IQ is fine in my opinion. His playmaking game was starting to develop before his injury. It's a bigger concern if you want him to play center, but on our team he plays wing and his game is better suited to play on the wall.

Reactions: TheYardMachine

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If we get the 2nd overall pick, I’m selecting Lindstrom.

Give me the the big physical center that hits , shoots and has agility. Imagine having a 3rd 6f4 skilled player in our top 6 after Slaf and Dach .
Is he having Dach like injuries ? Sure built the same. Could be a stud , won’t make it to 5 seems coveted by a lot of teams

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wish the lottery was sooner. Need something to look forward to

Two weeks away.. it's really dumb that they do it deeper into the playoffs.

Fans of non play-off teams are either gonna watch the playoffs, or they're not, I don't see the lottery tuning them back in and making them watch if they've already tuned out.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Im not at all i think people are just obsessed with his size his iq and puck handling are bad i think Catton is a much better prospect
His IQ and puck handling are not bad, that’s just BS.

And yeah, people are obsessed with a 6’4 forward that was on pace for 57 goals. Why wouldn’t you be? We need a goal scorer, we need size, we need a forward. He’s exactly all of that.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

Hard disagree on the 2nd point, even though I think his IQ is pretty decent. Look no further than Samuel Morin rising up in the 2013 draft.

Worth noting, Ivan Demidov had to come off the ice in today's game. Think he fell awkwardly and may have twisted something, but too early to say as it happened recently.
Man that's scary. He should probably fall to somewhere between 5 and 7

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hard disagree on the 2nd point, even though I think his IQ is pretty decent. Look no further than Samuel Morin rising up in the 2013 draft.

Man that's scary. He should probably fall to somewhere between 5 and 7

Morin was a riser because of his size, not because his production rose.. Lindstrom was unstoppable in the WHL for the entirety of the year and was massively improved from his previous year.

You don't rise up and increase your production and play on ice that drastically without good IQ.

Sometimes big guys IQ gets undersold just like Slaf's did.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
8-Lindstrom - C
20-Sennecke - RW
27-Hage - C
58-Colton Roberts - RD
134-Alexis Bernier - RD

Got the 6OA spot after lottery

Demidov and Helenius were gone and Lindtsrom and Iginla still on the board so i traded down with Ott : 6OA + for 8OA and 26 OA. Then with Sennecke still on board at 20, i traded 26 OA + for 20 OA.

Would be a great draft imo.

• Love
Reactions: Saxon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad