• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 17.5%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I’d have no issues with Poirier with our last first RD pick or 2nd RD pick. I know it’s early for him but I want to walk away from the draft with him in the pipeline.

I’d want only HR picks, besides the 5th that needs to be carefully measured. I don’t care anymore about building a prospect pool, we have numbers in spades. I love that we are in this position now, great job over the years by management.

Reactions: JT3 and Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I’d have no issues with Poirier with our last first RD pick or 2nd RD pick. I know it’s early for him but I want to walk away from the draft with him in the pipeline.

I’d want only HR picks, besides the 5th that needs to be carefully measured. I don’t care anymore about building a prospect pool, we have numbers in spades. I love that we are in this position now, great job over the years by management.
We need to pick if he’s there with Colorado pick

Reactions: Gustave

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I want Poirier so bad. I don't see a situation where he's not a NHL player, really. He has it all. He's literally Gallagher with skills.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I want Poirier so bad. I don't see a situation where he's not a NHL player, really. He has it all. He's literally Gallagher with skills.
He’s so big and strong on his very low center of gravity. He’s Cube Bouillon style body.

I have no idea how he’s not popular for the back end of the first RD, besides the off ice conduct that I can’t attest to.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Vachon23

JT3

May 27, 2013

There's a handful of interesting guys on that Drakkar team. Poirier and Boilard are both interesting options with that COL 2nd if available. Melovsky is a handy player too, wouldn't mind seeing him get a camp invite.

Speaking of overagers, I really hope we use a mid round pick on Romani. Kid's a stud.

Reactions: Gustave and Mrb1p

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
There's a handful of interesting guys on that Drakkar team. Poirier and Boilard are both interesting options with that COL 2nd if available. Melovsky is a handy player too, wouldn't mind seeing him get a camp invite.

Speaking of overagers, I really hope we use a mid round pick on Romani. Kid's a stud.
Alexis Bernier is interesting too

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

They were such a total doormat two years ago and now they look legit for sure :laugh:

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Demidov is playing in a near-Pee Wee league, it's just another bad take from a pretty bad influencer.
To be honest I don't know the guy at all..I was just kinda surprise with these details but if it's under these circumstances it makes it less shiny loll but I'd still get him loll

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Demidov is playing in a near-Pee Wee league, it's just another bad take from a pretty bad influencer.

I guess everybody's wrong rating him as high as he is.

Yeah, it's McCagg, I didn't even read the quote cause I suppose he's on his high horses yet again...

But come on.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Probably be able to snag him in the 3rd or 4th round.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I guess everybody's wrong rating him as high as he is.

Yeah, it's McCagg, I didn't even read the quote cause I suppose he's on his high horses yet again...

But come on.
Yes, Grant's claim is just crap once more. There is no denying Demidov is very talented. Best hands of the draft imho, but he's playing versus very low caliber and I've rarely seen him getting challenged by the other team. So that's a bit of worry to have, specially if your team doesn't have scouting in Russia.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Yes, Grant's claim is just crap once more. There is no denying Demidov is very talented. Best hands of the draft imho, but he's playing versus very low caliber and I've rarely seen him getting challenged by the other team. So that's a bit of worry to have, specially if your team doesn't have scouting in Russia.

Damn, had to look, thought Telepin was still within the organization. Yeah, that's a good point, though we got Konyushkov and Volokhin in the last draft (and both look good so far), for a top 5 prospect, yeah, that's something else.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I'm not crazy about his offensive upside but I do think he would be an upgrade over Guhle when comparing their peaks
Gulhe is a 25-35 pts defensive defenseman with tremendous leadership qualities and physical tools : Parayko or Slavin (at the absolute best).

Dickinson is more like Pietrangelo or Ekblad (without the injuries).

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Imagine if they did go Sennecke. It would be out of nowhere.
Thats Grant's 5th option after Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Iggy. Personally I would be surprised, but not entirely impossible, but unlikely IMO, it would be a KK type of reach and I dont think Bobrov will go there.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Demigod apparently re-injured the same knee from October, wonder how this goes over in draft standings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad