2024 NHL Draft Thread/Tankathon thread (Lottery Set for May 7th)

Predict CBJ's draft position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Its 2 lotto draws for everyone who isn't in the playoffs. At most you can only move up 10 spots. There is a draw for 1st overall then a secondary draw for the second pick

I still feel like if we drop to 6 the Sharks, Chicago and Ducks (RHD) will all 3 go Dmen

Teams will want D, but I don't see any of Silayev, Dickinson, Yakemchuk, or Parekh being compelling picks for clubs in the top 5.

Silayev didn't score even after he was sent back to junior. There's zero offense there.

Dickinson has been slipping on a lot of lists. Yakemchuk as much as I liked the game I watched, is most often regarded as a risky pick. Parekh is definitely a risky pick. Demidov and Lindstrom are safer (yes) with a ton of upside.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Teams will want D, but I don't see any of Silayev, Dickinson, Yakemchuk, or Parekh being compelling picks for clubs in the top 5.

Silayev didn't score even after he was sent back to junior. There's zero offense there.

Dickinson has been slipping on a lot of lists. Yakemchuk as much as I liked the game I watched, is most often regarded as a risky pick. Parekh is definitely a risky pick. Demidov and Lindstrom are safer (yes) with a ton of upside.

That’s sort if where I landed a couple of weeks ago.
San Jose - Celebrini
Chicago - Demidov
Ducks - Levshunov
Jackets - Lindstrom
Montreal - trade back or Dickinson (could fit really well with Reinbacher)

Seattle could draft a D. Buffalo could use a right D. Flames could go D, but I think they take Iginla. But in the top 5 Ducks could go Levshunov but I bet everyone else wants offense. Montreal could take Dickinson to pair with Reinbacher, but I bet they hope Demidov or Lindstrom fall to them. I think Seattle is a team that can take the risk with Silayev.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That’s sort if where I landed a couple of weeks ago.

Seattle could draft a D. Buffalo could use a right D. Flames could go D, but I think they take Iginla. But in the top 5 Ducks could go Levshunov but I bet everyone else wants offense. Montreal could take Dickinson to pair with Reinbacher, but I bet they hope Demidov or Lindstrom fall to them. I think Seattle is a team that can take the risk with Silayev.

I think San Jose, Chicago, and Anaheim all would want D at least as much as they want Fs, maybe more so. My thinking is just that the 4 other D aren't as appealing to them in the top 5 picks (that's Silayev and Dickinson, who are seen as low upside, and Yakemchuk and Parekh, who are very risky picks).

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Really impressed by Aatos Koivu considering he has rocketed from non-draft prospect to u18 championship #2C in a single year. Could be a great pick at 2nd/3rd if you have any believe in NHL bloodlines being a reasonable thing to look at when drafting.

Last edited:

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Really impressed by Aatos Koivu, considering he has rocketed from non-draft prospect to u18 championship #2C in a single year. Could be a great pick at 2nd/3rd if you have any believe in NHL bloodlines being a reasonable thing to look at when drafting.
Hey, his uncle retired a Blue Jacket. Worth a look.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00