NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like both. I like Emery's athleticism, ability to defend and that he is going to UND.

to make a pick you mean? So its part of a package for a player ?
Our prospect cupboard could use a boost; however, our current team needs a boost too.

Could go either way IMO depending on the needs of the trading partner Staios might be talking to and what Staios is trying to acquire and get rid of.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Our prospect cupboard could use a boost; however, our current team needs a boost too.

Could go either way IMO depending on the needs of the trading partner Staios might be talking to and what Staios is trying to acquire and get rid of.
Could try to move up or down as well. Right now that is where we are scheduled to pick.. that's the only info I have. I do not know how to gauge the probability of moving the pick in any scenario.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Could try to move up or down as well. Right now that is where we are scheduled to pick.. that's the only info I have. I do not know how to gauge the probability of moving the pick in any scenario.
Neither do I. I suppose moving up or down could depend on potential trades for players and also what other teams might do at the draft prior to our picks. Hard to predict all that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd be very, very, very surprised if they use the Boston 1st rounder.
We really only have a few trading chips available

Chychrun, Bos 1st, and maybe a roster player like Joseph or darkhorse guys like Batherson, Zub, and Greig if the return is right.

The issue I see is we don't have a lot of room for additions, so trading the Bos pick could happen, but I see it as more of a 50/50 scenario depending on how other moves like UFA signings and a Chychrun trade goes

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Chychrun, Bos 1st, and maybe a roster player like Joseph or darkhorse guys like Batherson, Zub, and Greig if the return is right.

The issue I see is we don't have a lot of room for additions, so trading the Bos pick could happen, but I see it as more of a 50/50 scenario depending on how other moves like UFA signings and a Chychrun trade goes
Don't have room for additions?

Staios needs to add 4/5 players this summer. Players need to be added and subtracted this summer.

He is going to be very active over the next 2 months, he still hasn't put any imprint on the Sens at all, there will be a large one put on in the next 2 months

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Staios needs to add 4/5 players this summer. Players need to be added and subtracted this summer.

He is going to be very active over the next 2 months, he still hasn't put any imprint on the Sens at all, there will be a large one put on in the next 2 months
Could happen... We will see a couple key changes for sure. Looking forward to the moves.

Reactions: Cosmix and Loach

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I agree. I think Chychrun, Brannstrom, Forsberg and Joseph are gone. Dark horse subtractions are Kastelic and Zub.

• Wow
Reactions: Icelevel

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I agree, no point in moving Zub or Joseph at this point in time.
At some point if you want to create a different mix, good players have to go.

No issue with a Joseph trade providing they replace him properly. I’m a lot more skeptical about trading Zub but id assume it only happens if they find 2 top 4 RD.

Reactions: Duncstar

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

No issue with a Joseph trade providing they replace him properly. I’m a lot more skeptical about trading Zub but id assume it only happens if they find 2 top 4 RD.
That's what I was going to say. If we trade zub we'd have pretty much no NHL RHD.

Would have to be something else lined up.

Reactions: Cosmix and PlayOn

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

Remember the video with the little kids skating with team? The little girl said What's your name? and he said I am Zub!. Zub stays no matter what.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Why Kastelic? lol
Because we need someone exactly like him on the fourth line.
He just needs to be more consistent. People aren’t paying attention if they don’t see his potential. He was very very good in a lot of the games at the end of the season.
He cares and will be better.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
He just needs to be more consistent. People aren’t paying attention if they don’t see his potential. He was very very good in a lot of the games at the end of the season.
I disagree completely. I don't think he pans out to be anything more than he is right now.

This team hasn't had really good 3rd and 4th line in a long long time.

Reactions: OD99 and Senscore

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
He cares and will be better.
If he’s not going to be physical every game, he has no real place on this roster. Also isn’t great defensively.

The Sens tried to trade him at the deadline and had no takers, if he’s still a Sen come October it’s likely because they couldn’t move him. But I do agree he could be good and was better to end the season — it just doesn’t mean much if it doesn’t translate consistently.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

so we trade away the few players who actually play the right way instead of the players who contribute to the wack culture? if we want a shakeup that actually means something it's one of the frat boys who has to go.

Zub is UNT unless there is a gross overpayment.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Have no clue why we’d be trading Zub, it’s really the exact opposite of what they’re looking to do.

It’s like if we were looking for a power winger and decided to trade Brady.

Trading away a very good defensive D on a good contract makes legitimately zero sense, in any fathomable way, from where we are.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I'd be very, very, very surprised if they use the Boston 1st rounder.

I could see it happening, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they keep it and pick.

Every year teams go into the offseason with needs, and yet rarely do teams trade first round picks in that summer's draft for immediate help. Trading futures for now is the easiest way to cut corners, and yet teams don't do it very often because (1) its the summer, when there are other ways to improve a roster, and (2) they know that a healthy organization needs prospects in its pipeline.

Staios is in a really tough spot because the team has immediate needs but it has also done a number of futures-for-now trades (plus has forfeited a future first). Given the patient approach Staios has taken so far, building up the organization in all areas where it was deficient, I wouldn't be surprised if he sees these picks as necessary to improving the health of the farm system.

Last edited:

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
so we trade away the few players who actually play the right way instead of the players who contribute to the wack culture? if we want a shakeup that actually means something it's one of the frat boys who has to go.

Zub is UNT unless there is a gross overpayment.
Can’t trade Chabot or Norris.

No reason to trade Brady, Timmy, Sanderson, Batherson or Pinto.

Not trading Giroux. Can’t trade Korpisalo.

There isn’t a lot of money left after that in terms of players you can move to make changes elsewhere. If you move Joseph you can bring in a “pro” for his money. I still don’t fully understand why it seems like they’re considering Zub as an option (at least if Bruce is correct), but I’d guess it has something to do with our inexperience on D.

Trading core pieces isn’t the only way to enhance the culture.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Can’t trade Chabot or Norris.

No reason to trade Brady, Timmy, Sanderson, Batherson or Pinto.

Not trading Giroux. Can’t trade Korpisalo.

There isn’t a lot of money left after that in terms of players you can move to make changes elsewhere. If you move Joseph you can bring in a “pro” for his money. I still don’t fully understand why it seems like they’re considering Zub as an option (at least if Bruce is correct), but I’d guess it has something to do with our inexperience on D.

Trading core pieces isn’t the only way to enhance the culture.
We can trade Chabot.

Reactions: senswon

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
If he’s not going to be physical every game, he has no real place on this roster. Also isn’t great defensively.

The Sens tried to trade him at the deadline and had no takers, if he’s still a Sen come October it’s likely because they couldn’t move him. But I do agree he could be good and was better to end the season — it just doesn’t mean much if it doesn’t translate consistently.

If he doesn’t have any value there isn’t much benefit to trading him unless they add someone better.

I’d like to see what he could do under Travis Green who will surely appreciate his face off prowess and fitness. Hopefully Green can stoke the competitive fire and get him to play hard every game. Seems like a very Travis Green type player.

I don’t think he’s got third line potential or anything but I still think he can become a solid fourth liner.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and PlayOn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad