NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If the top 10 or so are really that close together, then I would add extra weight to RD, and if there really isn't an RD at our spot, lean towards RW or a right shot C. I know best practice is best player available, but.....that also assumes you can maximize value in a trade to retain (or grow) your assets. It takes rookie GMs at the NHL level a few years to really get comfortable and show what they can do, so it might just be safer (for now) to make position the tiebreaker when the prospects are close.

What I want...a RD who is big, good skater, moves the puck crisply, has good vision/hockey IQ, and make a smart outlet pass on a regular basis, and who protects the net and punishes guys in our zone. He doesn't need to be a point producer (more of a 3rd assist type) or a guy who carries the puck out of the zone or acts like a rover.

I haven't been watching the kids much this year so I'm not sure who best fits that profile.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Orrrrrr….hopefully there is a plan in action to appeal like NJ did years ago and they landed on their feet so to speak. Sort of a precedent, not exactly the same I realize, but if he goes to battle for the next couple of years, we may be able to negotiate a lesser evil. Our owner was sold a bill of goods that were not entirely put forthright by the vendor and the league
Would be nice but I get the feeling it’s a fait d’accomplis. I would be worried about bottoming out and having to eventually cough up an even higher pick by 2026. Hard to mitigate this and I think it’s gonna start staring us in the face pretty soon

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Would be nice but I get the feeling it’s a fait d’accomplis. I would be worried about bottoming out and having to eventually cough up an even higher pick by 2026. Hard to mitigate this and I think it’s gonna start staring us in the face pretty soon
They arent getting worse than they have been. They had league worst goaltending last year and have a GM that knows what they are missing, this isnt Dorion. They dont lack talent and most of the core group is still developing. I get you are upset but you arent being very rational. All of this teams best players are 24 and under outside of Giroux.

They take this pick this year 100 percent they are going to get a player probably a really good D man. Buium is a cant miss prospect if he falls to them they should be taking him 100 percent and he isnt far from contributing. He's basically Sanderson 2.0 more smooth skating and less physical but he doesnt get scored on. Transitions the puck incredibly well. A goal wasnt scored when he was on the ice for the entire NCAA tournament.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the top 10 or so are really that close together, then I would add extra weight to RD, and if there really isn't an RD at our spot, lean towards RW or a right shot C. I know best practice is best player available, but.....that also assumes you can maximize value in a trade to retain (or grow) your assets. It takes rookie GMs at the NHL level a few years to really get comfortable and show what they can do, so it might just be safer (for now) to make position the tiebreaker when the prospects are close.

What I want...a RD who is big, good skater , moves the puck crisply meh, has good vision/hockey IQ meh, and make a smart outlet pass on a regular basis meh, and who protects the net and punishes guys in our zone meh. He doesn't need to be a point producer (more of a 3rd assist type) or a guy who carries the puck out of the zone or acts like a rover.

I haven't been watching the kids much this year so I'm not sure who best fits that profile.

I'll take "None of them" for 1000 Alex. They would have grades with those criteria,.. if you want at least 4/5 for each one.. I would not give any of them that. Levshunov (1) and Yakemchuk (2) would be above Parekh .. who is very dynamic but smaller and more offense than defense. All 3 are up there more because of their offensive impressions.
EJ Emery and Charlie Elick (later in the 1st) would probably fit that criteria better imo.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'll take "None of them" for 1000 Alex. They would have grades with those criteria,.. if you want at least 4/5 for each one.. I would not give any of them that. Levshunov (1) and Yakemchuk (2) would be above Parekh .. who is very dynamic but smaller and more offense than defense. All 3 are up there more because of their offensive impressions.
EJ Emery and Charlie Elick (later in the 1st) would probably fit that criteria better imo.
I really liked Emery when I watched him at the U 18's in a situation where the sens do take a forward id like them to target him with the Boston pick. Not sure he would be around though.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I really liked Emery when I watched him at the U 18's in a situation where the sens do take a forward id like them to target him with the Boston pick. Not sure he would be around though.
If they go LD, RD as well. Could go Buium, Emery, Forward

Brunicke had a good u18 as well.

I wonder what a return will for Chychrun pick wise will look like

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They arent getting worse than they have been. They had league worst goaltending last year and have a GM that knows what they are missing, this isnt Dorion. They dont lack talent and most of the core group is still developing. I get you are upset but you arent being very rational. All of this teams best players are 24 and under outside of Giroux.

They take this pick this year 100 percent they are going to get a player probably a really good D man. Buium is a cant miss prospect if he falls to them they should be taking him 100 percent and he isnt far from contributing. He's basically Sanderson 2.0 more smooth skating and less physical but he doesnt get scored on. Transitions the puck incredibly well. A goal wasnt scored when he was on the ice for the entire NCAA tournament.
Your take on Buium sounds very interesting. If he is like Sanderson we would have another pretty good defensemen in a year or two.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If they go LD, RD as well. Could go Buium, Emery, Forward

Brunicke had a good u18 as well.

I wonder what a return will for Chychrun pick wise will look like
If they could get another first for Chychurn that would be amazing.

I personally dont see a scenario where Buium falls to 7 but thats who i want with the pick. They simply cant miss and I think he is the safest prospect outside of Celebrini.

Pronman just did a mock draft for the top 16.

San Jose - Celebrini
Chicago - Demidov
Anaheim - Levshunov
Columbus - Lindstrom
Calgary (from Montreal) - Buium
Utah - Silayev
Ottawa - Parekh
Seattle - Dickinson
Montreal - Iginla
Jersey - Catton
Buffalo - Eiserman
Philly - Yakemchuk
Minnesota - Jiricek
San Jose - Sennecke
Detroit - Helenius
St Louis - Nygard

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Until the roster is shaken up ina meaningful way I don’t see you how can form a convincing argument that we won’t see a similar or worse result next year or the one after.

Also just for posterity I am voting No to Parrish since I see his name thrown around a lot and he reminds me a lot of Antony Stranges who played a very similar style and whose game hasn’t translated at the pro level. All flash no substance IMO

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If they could get another first for Chychurn that would be amazing.

I personally dont see a scenario where Buium falls to 7 but thats who i want with the pick. They simply cant miss and I think he is the safest prospect outside of Celebrini.

Pronman just did a mock draft for the top 16.

San Jose - Celebrini
Chicago - Demidov
Anaheim - Levshunov
Columbus - Lindstrom
Calgary (from Montreal) - Buium
Utah - Silayev
Ottawa - Parekh
Seattle - Dickinson
Montreal - Iginla
Jersey - Catton
Buffalo - Eiserman
Philly - Yakemchuk
Minnesota - Jiricek
San Jose - Sennecke
Detroit - Helenius
St Louis - Nygard
I've looked at few mocks tonight... So Pronman had Montreal moving down interesting. Calgary moved up and took Buium. A twist
Just saw Button's he has Sens taking Dickinson... Seattle taking Parekh... Iginla moved ahead of those 2
Chris Peters has the Sens taking Parekh and Seattle taking Buium He said either made sense for the Sens.
Sporting news has the Sens taking Buium
Sportsnet has the Sens taking Parekh
Daily Faceoff, Ellis has the Sens taking Parekh , Utah Buium

Reactions: stempniaksen

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I've looked at few mocks tonight... So Pronman had Montreal moving down interesting. Calgary moved up and took Buium. A twist
Just saw Button's he has Sens taking Dickinson... Seattle taking Parekh... Iginla moved ahead of those 2
Chris Peters has the Sens taking Parekh and Seattle taking Buium He said either made sense for the Sens.
Sporting news has the Sens taking Buium
Sportsnet has the Sens taking Parekh
Daily Faceoff, Ellis has the Sens taking Parekh , Utah Buium
Right on, you're all over it. Nice!

FightLikeMike

May 16, 2010
We should draft Iginla or trade the pick for two first round Calgary ones.
This. Especially if Iginla is on the table and we can make it look like we want him or there is a threat to right after us. Three picks in the first round would be, in the words of Borat....VERY NICE!

I have more faith in this franchise's ability to draft in the late first and early second round than around the 10 mark.

A great way to restock that last place farm system.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Until the roster is shaken up ina meaningful way I don’t see you how can form a convincing argument that we won’t see a similar or worse result next year or the one after.

Also just for posterity I am voting No to Parrish since I see his name thrown around a lot and he reminds me a lot of Antony Stranges who played a very similar style and whose game hasn’t translated at the pro level. All flash no substance IMO
They have shaken it up plenty. Its simply poorly constructed specifically the D core. They need to address it. They get bigger and harder while staying mobile back there and address the RD they will be a much better team in all ways. Kleven is going to be a big improvement alone. Not having both Chychrun and Chabot at the same time will give one of them a defined role. Stutzle was injured and had a down year, they had a coaching change. All the turmoil around the team, the will be better. Goalies cannot be worse I think thats addressed too.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Really like Iginla, Dickinson, Catton and Buium for the 7th.

Not really a fan of Lindstrom or Parekh.

Oct 10, 2010
I like Yakemchuk will be interesting to see if he jumps up on peoples boards by the time the draft takes place.

Could be a Brett Burns down the road - skates well, plays tough and has very good size + has a great offensive game - Also RD!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad