NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Who are we giving up the 7th for?
Would be all time dumb to trade this pick given where this franchise is and how Dorion burned 3 straight top 10 picks.

This team desperately needs another elite d man. Levshunov won't be there at 7 unfortunately. Hoping they take Yakemchuk.

Reactions: Cosmix

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Gonna need a combination of good luck and good scouting to land a good player.

We're on the lower end of the sub-Celebrini tier.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Happy we didn’t fall.. with the way the rankings are looking sens likey going to draft their 3rd or 4th ranked prospect

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Lol, they dragged the poor kid out for this
Asked an 18-19 year old kid a question about ZIllow... Young guy didn't a clue that was about real estate. He handled it well, simply replying honestly with "What is Zillow?". A very funny moment!

Reactions: Relapsing

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Gonna need a combination of good luck and good scouting to land a good player.

We're on the lower end of the sub-Celebrini tier.
The “tiers” never really work out as planned. You can always find good players in the top 10. Remember when we justified picking Boucher at 10 because the “elite 9” were gone, only for a bunch of really good players to be picked from 11-20?

It’s up to management to not be dumb about it.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I don't agree at all that there is a consensus top 6. Any given team could have one guy 2nd and another guy 15th. Dickinson especially doesn't have close to the same upside as many of the players you listed after him.

They're gonna take a RHD I'd imagine. Would be shocking to take another undersized winger. Especially as d develop longer than forwards.

I'm saying that Bob's list suggests that those six names are pretty consistently in teams' top 6 to 8, and then there is this longer list of guys who pop up in some teams' top 6-8 but not consistently.

I'm not sure what Dickinson's upside has to do with my statement.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You're putting way too much emphasis on position.
I mean levshunov was ahead of Demidov all season. Was only passed by 1 spot on Bob's list and 8 out of 10 scouts had levshunov top 5 and 9 out of 10 had demidov. I think you're not actually looking at the rankings.

If it's close the tie should always go to the RD over the left shooting winger.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I'm saying that Bob's list suggests that those six names are pretty consistently in teams' top 6 to 8, and then there is this longer list of guys who pop up in some teams' top 6-8 but not consistently.

I'm not sure what Dickinson's upside has to do with my statement.

Actually if anything Bob’s longer quote suggest there’s a consensus 7 “all scouts surveyed had 7 names in their top 12”.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Actually if anything Bob’s longer quote suggest there’s a consensus 7 “all scouts surveyed had 7 names in their top 12”.

Yeah, someone put together a table for the guys based on the info given, likely not 100% but close.

All of the top 6 guys, and one of Buium/Parekh were in all the scouts top 10’s, the other being in 9.

Yakemchuk was in 2/10 top 10’s, but was 4th and 5th in those.

Sennecke was top 5 once and twice top 10.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You just know staios is going to trade the pick away before the draft. He's been on a tear with ******* over the franchise.
Yeah when he said he wants sustained success I'm sure he thought trading the pick is what he had in mind. You know Dorion was the previous GM eh. That's who traded the last 2 firsts. That's who has been blowing it for this franchise. Staios took over in September. Hasn't made one detrimental move. What a strange comment.

Reactions: Masked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad