NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Holy shit, will somebody please tell macklin wtf Zillow is?

Bringing him in for this was a poor decision. Feel bad for him.

Reactions: Relapsing

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
Based on Bob’s list, I am looking at a few players, but I think, at least for me, it comes down to Connelly vs Parekh.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Seems like a consensus top 6 grouping of Celebrini, Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, Lindstrom and Dickinson, but with several outliers that some teams have cracking that grouping - Parekh, Yakemchuk, Buium, Helenius, and now Sennecke.

If the Sens hold at 7, maybe they get lucky and a player that's in their top 2-4 gets to them. Once again we're seeing why winning/losing a couple extra games makes a massive difference. A team slotted fifth has a realistic shot at the number 2 player on their board this year. A team slotted seventh could easily see the top six on their list go before them.
I don't agree at all that there is a consensus top 6. Any given team could have one guy 2nd and another guy 15th. Dickinson especially doesn't have close to the same upside as many of the players you listed after him.

If I'm Chicago I'm taking Demidov... with the hope to play him with Bedard
They're gonna take a RHD I'd imagine. Would be shocking to take another undersized winger. Especially as d develop longer than forwards.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Well, at least we didn't drop.
Yes, worthy of a parade to celebrate that we didn't drop yet again! (not attacking you just observing). At least Sens were not cannon fodder for the effing NHL again. NEVER in the history of this bullshit draft lottery have the Sens ever advanced their position. Should be noted that the Sens sure as hell have dropped down more than our fair share. Other fave teams have profited so much that they had to change the GD rules. I really don't trust this league or their backroom process farther than I can throw it.

The only good thing I take out of the 2024 draft lottery is that Chicago did not win it again. They never should have retained their pick after that sexual abuse fiasco there, but apparently an idiotic mistake on a trade under Sens previous owner is far more serious than that. You go NHL!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad