NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
I’m obsessed with Buium but it feels like he won’t be there at 7 and especially not 8 if we drop. Seeing lots of chatter about the Sens taking Parekh but the scouting reports blasting his defensive game scare me.

It feels like Tij Iginla’s rise has stopped and the top ~8 chatter is over. One secondary assist in the series against PG. Yes they’re a wayyy better team but you’d still expect more. Tons of chatter on the Habs board about taking him but I feel like it’d be a massive reach at 5/6 especially since they’d be passing on one of the stud defenceman. Still a great pick in the ~15 range though.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You know a team behind us is going to win the lottery. Probably New Jersey again. Get excited about 8th overall.
lol im mentally prepped for 9th overall.

Here is hoping we actually pick a guy ranked around where the pick is.

I know nothing about this draft but Zayne Parekh has caught my eye so far. Kid put up nearly 100 pts as a D. One of the youngest players in the draft. Lead his team in scoring with a 20 point gap on the next player. Even if there are defensive deficiencies its not like he is 5'8 or something things can be taught.

Reactions: DrEasy and bicboi64

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The only guy I've seen play a couple times is Dickinson and while he displayed some skill to go along with the size I'd probably be slightly underwhelmed to take him top-seven.

Based on the scouting reports I could easily be sold on Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Helenius, Lindstrom, Buium, Parekh, Catton.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I've watched some videos on utube that say Parekh's defense is adequate and he will get better. I haven't watched him other than highlights so I don't really know, but I'm coming back around on him being our pick.

Reactions: bicboi64

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Sportsnet’s April rankings (Sam Consentino):

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Artyom Levshunov
3. Ivan Demidov
4. Anton Silayev
5. Carter Yakemchuk
6. Zayne Parekh
7. Zeev Buium
8. Sam Dickinson
9. Berkly Catton
10. Tij Iginla
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Cole Eiserman
13. Konsta Helenius
14. Beckett Sennecke
15. Liam Greentree

Corey Pronman’s updated list:

Tier 1
1. Macklin Celebrini
Tier 2
2. Artyom Levshunov
3. Carter Yakemchuk
Tier 3
4. Zeev Buium
5. Anton Silayev
6. Berkly Catton
Tier 4
7. Zayne Parekh
8. Ivan Demidov
9. Sam Dickinson
10. Konsta Helenius
Tier 5
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Beckett Sennecke
13. Adam Jiricek
14. Cole Eiserman
15. Tij Iginla

Reactions: Icelevel

h2

Mar 26, 2002
How's the top 10 looking? meh or good? (havent had time to look at all this year) Hoping we can add a stud to the core.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Artyom Levshunov
3. Ivan Demidov
4. Anton Silayev
5. Carter Yakemchuk
6. Zayne Parekh
7. Zeev Buium
8. Sam Dickinson
9. Berkly Catton
10. Tij Iginla
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Cole Eiserman
13. Konsta Helenius
14. Beckett Sennecke
15. Liam Greentree

Tier 1
1. Macklin Celebrini
Tier 2
2. Artyom Levshunov
3. Carter Yakemchuk
Tier 3
4. Zeev Buium
5. Anton Silayev
6. Berkly Catton
Tier 4
7. Zayne Parekh
8. Ivan Demidov
9. Sam Dickinson
10. Konsta Helenius
Tier 5
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Beckett Sennecke
13. Adam Jiricek
14. Cole Eiserman
15. Tij Iginla
At least pronman gives us something a little different

Reactions: SquidNasty

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
How's the top 10 looking? meh or good? (havent had time to look at all this year) Hoping we can add a stud to the core.
Pronman called it an average draft today. The top 12 or so is pretty legit, we should be getting a stud.

Reactions: h2

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So, it's 1-2, or 7-8-9.

I hate this. Wish they'd do the draft lotto at the beginning of the playoffs so there's more time to figure things out.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
really hard to say how this draft will shake down below Celebrini..

in the 4 picks that follow in the top 5 ; We could see any of Levshunov, Silayev, Lindstrom, Demidov, Buium, Parekh, Catton

3 of those will fall into the 6-10 range with other possibilities there being Dickinson, Iginla, Yakemchuk, Helenius, Eiserman, Connelly

Sens will likely pick 7,8,or9

As far as overall draft quality I think there are some real difference makers in the top 10-13
There will be some very good picks through the first and well into the 2nd.

Potential is there to be a good draft for the Sens .. in their top 3 picks.
In the 4th I would target at least a couple over agers and maybe a faller that got missed (?)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'd be happy walking away with Silayev, Dickinson, Buium, Parekh, Lindstrom, Demidov or Helenius; even Catton, Levshunov, Iginla; Would understand Yakemchuk

I don't expect I am not going to be too disappointed with their top pick. They'll probably go with Michael Brandsegg-Nygård

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I'd be happy walking away with Silayev, Dickinson, Buium, Parekh, Lindstrom, Demidov or Helenius; even Catton, Levshunov, Iginla; Would understand Yakemchuk

I don't expect I am not going to be too disappointed with their top pick. They'll probably go with Michael Brandsegg-Nygård

That's part of what makes this season so frustrating. We didn't need to suck this badly to get a quality prospect.

St. Louis mentioned 14 names, but you could very well extend it to 16 or 17 guys.

Celebrini, Demidov, Silayev, Lindstrom, Levshunov, Helenius, Iginla, Catton, Dickinson, Buium, Parekh, Eiserman, Yakemchuk are the usual names making up the top 13 in some variation, but there's also guys like Connelly, Sennecke, Hage and Greentree that all realistically look like they could be top 6 forwards if developed correctly.

Could be a good year to trade down if a team was willing to offer enough to do so.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Artyom Levshunov
3. Ivan Demidov
4. Anton Silayev
5. Carter Yakemchuk
6. Zayne Parekh
7. Zeev Buium
8. Sam Dickinson
9. Berkly Catton
10. Tij Iginla
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Cole Eiserman
13. Konsta Helenius
14. Beckett Sennecke
15. Liam Greentree

Tier 1
1. Macklin Celebrini
Tier 2
2. Artyom Levshunov
3. Carter Yakemchuk
Tier 3
4. Zeev Buium
5. Anton Silayev
6. Berkly Catton
Tier 4
7. Zayne Parekh
8. Ivan Demidov
9. Sam Dickinson
10. Konsta Helenius
Tier 5
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Beckett Sennecke
13. Adam Jiricek
14. Cole Eiserman
15. Tij Iginla
Big jump forward for Yakemchuk RD who I keep hoping they pick if he drops to them, he seems like exactly what they need on the back end & right shots are coveted in the NHL. Lindstrom C/LW on the other hand is dropping, if they don't get Yachemchuk, Lindstrom would be a good pick as well, if they could move Chychrum at the draft maybe they could get both, that would be a good haul in this draft. There should be a few RD available with their 2nd first & 2nd rd pick as well, I expect they should do well.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Big jump forward for Yakemchuk RD who I keep hoping they pick if he drops to them, he seems like exactly what they need on the back end & right shots are coveted in the NHL. Lindstrom C/LW on the other hand is dropping, if they don't get Yachemchuk, Lindstrom would be a good pick as well, if they could move Chychrum at the draft maybe they could get both, that would be a good haul in this draft. There should be a few RD available with their 2nd first & 2nd rd pick as well, I expect they should do well.
He’s been that high on Pronmans since November

They’re both the highest on him by a gigantic amount, depending on what list you’re looking at will give the impression on rising vs falling. He jumped 15 spots in Constantino’s ranking since Jan, and fell 5 spots in NHL central scoutings rankings just in NA since January.

Likely will come in between both rankings in the 8-12 range consensus wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
My fearless prediction is that we end up Yachemchuk, Lindstrom, Iginla or Parekh.

There is one wildcard. If Eiserman goes off at the U-18, I would add him to the mix.

I think those are all excellent and realistic options, unless someone like Demidov falls.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
My fearless prediction is that we end up Yachemchuk, Lindstrom, Iginla or Parekh.

There is one wildcard. If Eiserman goes off at the U-18, I would add him to the mix.

I think those are all excellent and realistic options, unless someone like Demidov falls.
I don’t want Eiserman.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Carter Yakemchuk looks like a perfect fit here IMO guy plays RD , is big, strong, is a good skater and has a wicked shot scoring 30 goals for the Hitman.

We’ll see what happens, but wouldn’t surprise me if he’s gone by the time we choose.
Sounds like a Right shot, smarter version of Chychrun. Cool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad