NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Big game tonight Ari vs Cal. Hoping for a Coyotes extra time win.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Our b2b against 2 top teams with still lots to play for hopefully results in 2 losses. I’m feeling 6OA going into the lottery with a very remote shot at 5OA.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is Iginla really going ~8 because of one good playoff series? Also Helenius isn’t overly exciting. The main talking point is how polished his game and it’s always those guys who end up being average 3rd line players. Not convinced Lindstrom translates to the NHL level.

The D overall are way more exciting. Dickinson, Silayev & Levshunov are 100% gone but Buium is who I’m hoping for at this point. I’d also rather Yakemchuk ahead of the forwards mentioned.
Buium I think just played himself into top 5

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Buium I think just played himself into top 5
I think he’s been top 5 for months personally, but the NCAA definitely cemented his spot in the top 10, he was extremely poised at both ends of the rink. You’re definitely right that his stock has risen dramatically the past while.

He’s been my favourite D in the draft since a few weeks into the Denver season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think he’s been top 5 for months personally, but the NCAA definitely cemented his spot in the top 10, he was extremely poised at both ends of the rink. You’re definitely right that his stock has risen dramatically the past while.

He’s been my favourite D in the draft since a few weeks into the Denver season.
These last two games he went up against the two biggest offensive threats in the country. One game was obviously celebrini and last night the best offensive team.
Did he or Behrens get the shut down assignent? Or are they same pairing

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Is Iginla really going ~8 because of one good playoff series? Also Helenius isn’t overly exciting. The main talking point is how polished his game and it’s always those guys who end up being average 3rd line players. Not convinced Lindstrom translates to the NHL level.

The D overall are way more exciting. Dickinson, Silayev & Levshunov are 100% gone but Buium is who I’m hoping for at this point. I’d also rather Yakemchuk ahead of the forwards mentioned.

He plays against men in the Liiga though, what do those numbers and how much more dynamic does he look playing against kids in the CHL?

And his production is arguably better than Stutzle draft year in the DEL.

He seems to have really good hockey IQ. Reminds me of Zibanejad in that he is very solid all around type of prospect but can still be very raw.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
These last two games he went up against the two biggest offensive threats in the country. One game was obviously celebrini and last night the best offensive team.
Did he or Behrens get the shut down assignent? Or are they same pairing
They played together in all the games I watched, Zeev likes his offside. Able to switch on and off in game depending on the situation. Plays both sides of the ice well.

Don't think either got typical shutdown assignments. Buium's brother seemed to be a go to guy defensively aside from both of those guys.

Last edited:

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013

It's not just one good playoff series, Iginla has been great all year, and has the tools to be a top line forward in the NHL. Also, if Calgary finishes below us, I'm quite certain they will take him.

Also you're sleeping on Helen's a bit, he's got nice skill, and his Liiga stats are basically the same as Laine's was in his draft year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They played together in all the games I watched, Zeev likes his offside. Able to switch on and off in game depending on the situation. Plays both sides of the ice well.

Don't think either got typical shutdown assignments. Buium's brother seemed to be a go to guy defensively aside from both of those guys.

Damn would like to see how much time zeev spent against those guy.

Plays his offside ? Hoping they pass on him just to avoid that discourse again.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
His brother is eligible next year?

Damn would like to see how much time zeev spent against those guy.

Plays his offside ? Hoping they pass on him just to avoid that discourse again.
His brother went 36th to Detroit in 2021

He's "able" to play his offside, and play it well, not the same discourse.

Denver only has 1 right shot D, guys played different sides all year.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Helenius is basically the Buium of forwards available this year

High-end IQ, above-average but not elite skating, fantastic playmaking and strong two-way play.

Either would be good picks. Hopefully our staff has learned it's lesson about focusing too much on tools and toughness and placing too little emphasis on IQ and skill.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Is there a big difference this year between #7 and #5?
2-12 is pretty all over the place from what I've seen, but I've got a feeling one of Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson or Buium will be there at 5 but gone at 7. Probably won't matter much though tons of good options and there's no consensus top group.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Theoretically, if the Sens win the lottery for 1OA, would you be willing to drop to 2, 3 or 4 if we could add a good asset and dump Korpisalo.

Reactions: aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
2-12 is pretty all over the place from what I've seen, but I've got a feeling one of Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson or Buium will be there at 5 but gone at 7. Probably wont matter much though tons of good options and there's no consensus top group.
I think there's enough variation that at least one of those guys will be there at 7. I've seen Lindstrom, Catton, Helenius, Greentree, Parekh, Connelly, Yakemchuk, Eiserman & Iginla all listed top 6 in addition to the group you listed.

Lots of that will be ironed out pre-draft (and I am sure some of the guys I've listed have played their way out of the conversation for a really high pick) but it never goes quite the way we expect. With so many good players in the top 12 or so and lots of top players who haven't been seen live much, this year feels like it could be chaos.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Theoretically, if the Sens win the lottery for 1OA, would you be willing to drop to 2, 3 or 4 if we could add a good asset and dump Korpisalo.
Definitely not

Unless they are completely out of their minds and have someone aside from Celebrini 1st, not a move anyone should be making.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Definitely not

Unless they are completely out of their minds and have someone aside from Celebrini 1st, not a move anyone should be making.
So you wouldn’t send Celebrini and Korpisal to SJ for 3OA and Smith/Eklund or to Anaheim for 4OA and Mintyukov or to Chicago for 3OA and Korchinski.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you wouldn’t send Celebrini and Korpisal to SJ for 3OA and Smith/Eklund or to Anaheim for 4OA and Mintyukov or to Chicago for 3OA and Korchinski.
I think rule of thumb is don’t pass on the superstar. No matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad