2024 NHL Draft: Play Like a Sieve So We Can Draft Zeev

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017

To Grier,

Tank like a man for Eiserman
Don’t be a moron, tank for Aron
Celebrate tanking for Celebrini

Let’s tank right from the right off-season dumps of Erik to playing kids from Game 1 on!

Jux, can you please share your evaluations of those 3 and any other notables from 2024 draft class?

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Shark's are finishing last for sure next year. When Karlsson gets traded, the team will be literally unable to score.
Would love to watch young guys lose 5-4 on the regular. Need to make sure we have a similarly awful goaltender duo as this year. Sign Greiss or Stalock back?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Pretty please. When you have time, of course…
All three of those players you mentioned will be at the U18 starting later this week, easily accessible to watch if you want to take a swing at your own scouting.

I like Celebrini a lot. Not so much the other two, though Eiserman’s ability to put the puck in the next from seemingly nothing is frankly the best I’ve seen in the 10+ years I’ve scouted prospects.

An intriguing player is Artyom Levshunov, 6’2” Belarusian defenseman I’ve seen play in the USHL a couple times. Like this player a lot, and if he keeps developing like he has this past year then I think he’s exactly what the doctor ordered for the Sharks.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
All three of those players you mentioned will be at the U18 starting later this week, easily accessible to watch if you want to take a swing at your own scouting.

I like Celebrini a lot. Not so much the other two, though Eiserman’s ability to put the puck in the next from seemingly nothing is frankly the best I’ve seen in the 10+ years I’ve scouted prospects.

An intriguing player is Artyom Levshunov, 6’2” Belarusian defenseman I’ve seen play in the USHL a couple times. Like this player a lot, and if he keeps developing like he has this past year then I think he’s exactly what the doctor ordered for the Sharks.
Kiviharju was hyped up to be the best D prospect since Dahlin. I know he didn’t have the best season this year against pros but he put up good numbers against guys his age (or slightly older). His size worries me a bit and I don’t think he will be as good as he was hyped to be but I do like him.

Eiserman like you said great goal scorer. Great skater too. That’s really what I have to say about him.

Celebrini is the big prize for me though. I wouldn’t quite call him a two way C because I try to reserve that for guys like Bergeron, Danault, Kopitar type guys which I wouldn’t quite classify Celebrini at that level defensively but he’s not bad defensively. He’s got everything you’d want in a forward and hopefully being committed to BU will help the Sharks try to tank for him!

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Kiviharju was hyped up to be the best D prospect since Dahlin. I know he didn’t have the best season this year against pros but he put up good numbers against guys his age (or slightly older). His size worries me a bit and I don’t think he will be as good as he was hyped to be but I do like him.

Eiserman like you said great goal scorer. Great skater too. That’s really what I have to say about him.

Celebrini is the big prize for me though. I wouldn’t quite call him a two way C because I try to reserve that for guys like Bergeron, Danault, Kopitar type guys which I wouldn’t quite classify Celebrini at that level defensively but he’s not bad defensively. He’s got everything you’d want in a forward and hopefully being committed to BU will help the Sharks try to tank for him!
Kiviharju is very skilled and has very high hockey IQ, but his skating worries me more than his size. For an undersized offensive D, escapability is really important to me. It’s why I’m not so high on Sandin-Pellika this year despite him having a lot of positive traits.

So far 2024 seems like a fairly strong year for defensemen. I’m hoping that continues to be the case instead of petering out the way the last couple seasons did. If we can’t have Celebrini, I’d like a D.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007

Agree with this. Lots of potential growth and upside into something special.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Is Celebrini tracking to be better than Fantilli? I know there was some hubbub about his USHL scoring rate being better than Fantilli's
Yes. To be fair, Fantilli took a big step this season, and it’s no guarantee that Celebrini does the same. But you have to look at Celebrini’s D-1 USHL stats compared to Fantilli’s, then consider at the same points of their career Celebrini is 8 months younger (June vs. October). It’s easy to project Celebrini as having higher upside. He definitely has more raw talent and more scoring potential than Fantilli, but Fantilli plays such a pro-style game it’s easy to see him translating almost perfectly to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad