2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jecho wiring one off the rush to put the Czechs up 2-0 on Sweden at the U20's. One of the guys I'm watching, mostly because TALL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've been trying to watch Mrtka for the Czechs and this is the second game I've felt he's like a blue dot kid playing up against the reds or the whites in USAH mites. Just chasing the puck back and forth but never where it winds up. :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He did ok with the Oil Kings, I like him but not as much as Miettenen who plays like a bull in the China shop when attacking the net

I'm just size-est right now.

I was as shocked to see Pronman's transformation from small/skilled/spin-spin guys to more meat-and-potatoes players over the last few years as anyone has Julius in his top 30.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jecho being stupid, taking a needless aggressive stick penalty right in front of the officials. Play with an edge, sure, but be smart about it. And use that mass instead of jabbing someone in the thigh right in front of the stripes on a play where your team is already going up a man.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Capture.PNG

11. BUFFALO SABRES – KONSTA HELENIUS, C, JUKURIT (LIIGA)

The Buffalo Sabres add a mature playmaking center to their crop of young forwards with the selection of Konsta Helenius. Helenius made an immediate impact in the Finnish Liiga this year, posting 36 points (14 goals, 22 assists) in 51 games while playing against men in Liiga — Finland’s top professional league. Helenius is a very intelligent and mature player for his age, showcasing great poise and strong decision-making with the puck on his stick.

“Helenius is an intelligent playmaker with sublime play-driving assets and superior skating mechanics. He engages in transition instantly, offering middle-lane presence in all three zones and keeps himself available for pucks, supported by great transition speed through his first steps.” – Fortin Boulay

Helenius vs Yakenchuk, MBN, Greentree, and Jiricek will be fun to talk about.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

2. Buffalo Sabres – 3%​

It’s highly unlikely that Celebrini lands in Buffalo, but the possibility remains so I couldn’t help but rank them very high here. This Sabres team has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young talent, with guys like Dylan Cozens and Zach Benson already contributing in the NHL and others like Matthew Savoie and Jiri Kulich not far behind. There’s a very clear path for Celebrini to be a top-six center in Buffalo with elite linemates, and the arrival of Devon Levi as a full-time NHL goalie could see this team skyrocket in the standings next season.

The only reason the Sabres aren’t the top team on this list is that the forward group in Buffalo is already so crowded. Alongside the four guys mentioned above, the Sabres have Alex Tuch, Jeff Skinner, Tage Thompson, Jack Quinn, and JJ Peterka (not to mention several excellent prospects). Celebrini would quickly be one of the better forwards on this team, but his role and minutes will be far from guaranteed for the first year or two of his career.

1. Buffalo Sabres: Macklin Celebrini, C, Boston University (+10)​

The winner of our mock draft lottery this year is the Buffalo Sabres who jump the maximum 10 spots to claim the first overall pick (just a 3% chance). Macklin Celebrini is as complete of a two-way prospect as you could hope for, with every offensive talent you could dream of to go with a strong defensive work ethic.

Celebrini couldn’t ask for a much stronger roster to join out of the lottery teams this year, though the Sabres do have a ton of depth already in their system at forward. I think this is a positive since it would allow him to return to college next year where he’d dominate once again with fellow 2024 Draft prospect Cole Eiserman riding shotgun. The Sabres already look like they’ll be scary in a couple years, but Celebrini gives them a top-six forward group that would be the envy of the league.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Parekh actually trying to defend is... different.

Looks like Punnett just broke his ankle too. Crazy times.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Take Macklin, bring him in as 3C with Benson and Quinn, and let them grow to be the top two-way line in the league. Done. No need to debate.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Lot to like about this draft even as a Sabres fan but it's not that exciting this year as I don't uave clear cut guy, earlier I was pulling for catton and was down on Yakemchuk but now it seems to me there is not a pick I would be disappointed with except eiserman. I'll be happy with this draft even if we trade the pick, not really a way to botch this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad