Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft Hype

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

The WJSS is starting, but is only available on USAHockeyTV.com. The cost there is either $14/game or $30/month.

Gretzky-Hlinka will be on NHLN. Early games. Like 9:30am/1pm.

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
With the way some of you guys are whinging, we are going to be so shit that we'll have our 1st round pick because it's top 10 protected.

Clever take. Unfortunately the Lightning dealt their 2025 1st so they will be unable to satisfy the conditions to protect their 2024 pick.

I don't believe anyone actually thinks the Lightning will be shit next year, but it's uncomfortable to see people so hypersensitive to honest criticism of organizational moves. Probably a product of our lengthy run of success, popular sentiment is to blindly believe every move will work. We've been conditioned to do so.

I think many who were around for the slow death of our 04 team and the purge of franchise cornerstones though will have a more measured opinion. A lot of people then too, were rationalizing trades and calling people whiners who weren't on board.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Clever take. Unfortunately the Lightning dealt their 2025 1st so they will be unable to satisfy the conditions to protect their 2024 pick.

I don't believe anyone actually thinks the Lightning will be shit next year, but it's uncomfortable to see people so hypersensitive to honest criticism of organizational moves. Probably a product of our lengthy run of success, popular sentiment is to blindly believe every move will work. We've been conditioned to do so.

I think many who were around for the slow death of our 04 team and the purge of franchise cornerstones though will have a more measured opinion. A lot of people then too, were rationalizing trades and calling people whiners who weren't on board.
If that was a problem the league wouldn't have let them make the deal. So you're factually wrong.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska

The "slow death" of the 2004 team was due to the lock-out and the subsequent salary cap the next season. Khabi, Vinny, Marty, and Brad were all signed. Those last years of contracts were all buried in a fire known as the owner's lockout. That is what killed any chance of another cup sir in my opinion.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The "slow death" of the 2004 team was due to the lock-out and the subsequent salary cap the next season. Khabi, Vinny, Marty, and Brad were all signed. Those last years of contracts were all buried in a fire known as the owner's lockout. That is what killed any chance of another cup sir in my opinion.
Khabi wasn't signed, he ended up going to Chicago immediately after the lockout ended and was the main reason we couldn't defend our title.

The lockouts obviously hurt us, but they weren't the kiss of death. We also couldn't develop a single prospect or make a single successful trade for half a decade, the slow bleed of complimentary talent wasn't inevitable.

Purging Richards and Boyle from the roster for peanuts are the main transactions to illustrate my point anyways. We had a lame duck GM in Feaster dealing away star players for other teams leftovers and the vast majority of the board was drinking the kool-aid thinking it would make us more competitive.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Hlinka-Gretzky tournament starts today and select games each day will be available to watch free on YouTube. Check the schedule for the links.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Difficult to get hyped when we don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick
True but you never know what might happen. Somehow we ended up with an early 2nd rounder and swapped 4ths to get Gauthier and Shaugabay before what we thought was going to be an equally boring draft.
Very frustrating time to not take advantage of the golden years of the Big 3. Between ownership not wanting to spend money, to only producing a few prospects here and there, and some dud trades, it lead me personally to be very desperate for people like Len and Barrie to take over.
The Hlinka-Gretzky tournament starts today and select games each day will be available to watch free on YouTube. Check the schedule for the links.

Nhl network will be showing the USA-Czechia game at 1:00 pm et too

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Khabi wasn't signed, he ended up going to Chicago immediately after the lockout ended and was the main reason we couldn't defend our title.

The lockouts obviously hurt us, but they weren't the kiss of death. We also couldn't develop a single prospect or make a single successful trade for half a decade, the slow bleed of complimentary talent wasn't inevitable.

Purging Richards and Boyle from the roster for peanuts are the main transactions to illustrate my point anyways. We had a lame duck GM in Feaster dealing away star players for other teams leftovers and the vast majority of the board was drinking the kool-aid thinking it would make us more competitive.
I lost my shit over trading Boyle and Richards. Absolutely lost it. That was probably the 2nd lowest point in team history aside from Puppa and Bradley's careers being ended by injuries and John Cullen getting cancer while also being millions in debt with Japanese mafia nonsense lingering about and the Lightning were as bad as an expansion team. Probably worse

Unrelated but still semi-related note: the NHL needs to abolish the stupid lottery already. I don't want to imagine what our history would have been without Lecavalier, Hedman and Stamkos. Imagine being that bad and still not getting lucky. You'd basically be what Detroit is right now

Last edited:
Reactions: Rschmitz

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
How unusual to see some of the boards pure white, unadorned with ads. Quite refreshing. Thanks for the link.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
In all honesty, if we do end up keeping our top 10 pick, i would love for us to go after one of Demidov, Silayev, or Levshunov unless we somehow end up with Celebrini or Eiserman

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
In all honesty, if we do end up keeping our top 10 pick, i would love for us to go after one of Demidov, Silayev, or Levshunov unless we somehow end up with Celebrini or Eiserman

Imo This is the best case scenario for this year.. fix the obvious weaknesses get additional cap space than go at it.

don’t want to make the playoffs just to lose in the 1st round.. which is probably the ceiling of the team we’ve seen this year

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Some Lightning prospect connections in the top 10:

- Macklin Celebrini was linemmates with Jack Harvey last year for the Chicago Steel. They're both at Boston U. this season
- Artyom Levshunov is teammates with Isaac Howard at Michigan State
- Konsta Helenius is a linemmate of Niko Huuhtanen for Jukurit
- Zayne Parekh is at Saginaw with Ethan Hay

Spencer Gill, ranked 58th is also the brother of Dyllan Gill

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
three seventh round picks means Niko Huuhtanen X3. this is what i believe and no one correct me
There will always be Dustin Wolf, Devon Levi, Niko Huuhtanen, Jack Devine, Aiden Fink type talents available in the 7th round. You just have play the talent board correctly and get a bit of luck, then you'll have a nice find.

Hell, Logan Morrison wasn't even drafted and he's producing nicely in A in his first year for Coachella Valley; I advocated for teams to consider him in the late 2nd or 3rd round in 2022.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4