NFL: 2024 NFL draft discussion thread, Draft begins 4/25 8pm, 4/26 6pm, 4/27 12pm

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wooo, it's Fautanu time! I'd also be stoked with a DT pick like Byron Murphy, just use that first pick for the heavies, please.

Unless Seattle does what they often used to, and trade down to recoup their lost second rounder. Always a possibility.
They dropped 9 spots in 2018 and only got a 3rd. Were at 18 and dropped to 27. So getting a second isn’t likely.

well drake maye will probs be a bust so i wouldnt blame them lol
Unless he was t going to get the coaching at UNC little surprised he didn’t return to school to work on his weaknesses. But when you are expected to go top 5 not too much surprise you go for the draft. Guaranteed $30 mill.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
They dropped 9 spots in 2018 and only got a 3rd. Were at 18 and dropped to 27. So getting a second isn’t likely.

Unless he was t going to get the coaching at UNC little surprised he didn’t return to school to work on his weaknesses. But when you are expected to go top 5 not too much surprise you go for the draft. Guaranteed $30 mill.
yea he could work out but needs to siton bench for 2 yeas minamum. i would not use a top 5 or top 3 pick on him based on what i seen on film.. but nfl team do this every year take qbs way higher then they should just for the potential chance.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
yea he could work out but needs to siton bench for 2 yeas minamum. i would not use a top 5 or top 3 pick on him based on what i seen on film.. but nfl team do this every year take qbs way higher then they should just for the potential chance.
Trading back also means you risk someone else jumping you. So, then you don't get the guy you want. Maye, really need to trust your HC/OC to work with him. I'd have confidence with Dabboll for NYG, O'Connell for Minny working with him. NE probably not so much just because of no track record for Van Pelt.

Washington, probably could work as well, but only if they could sit him and run with MM as their QB for the season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

noted tennessee titans legend warren moon

and ric flair?

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Trading back also means you risk someone else jumping you. So, then you don't get the guy you want. Maye, really need to trust your HC/OC to work with him. I'd have confidence with Dabboll for NYG, O'Connell for Minny working with him. NE probably not so much just because of no track record for Van Pelt.

Washington, probably could work as well, but only if they could sit him and run with MM as their QB for the season.
tbh i wouldnt mind losing him i think pennix bo nix and JJ all have better nfl careers then him lol

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Ideal scenario would be the Vikings getting Maye.

I wasn't a big fan of McCarthy, but I've been talked into him, especially if we can get him without moving the 2025 1st. We have no one and I'll have to trust KOC.

I'd be okay with Penix at 23 or later (trade down).

I wouldn't pick Bo Nix before the 3rd round. That is Ponder 2.0.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Either someone heard something, or someone speculated and every other draft analyst jumped on the band wagon. In the last 24 hours, Latham goes to the Chargers at 5 in the following mock drafts:

And was also discussed at a target after a tradedown in the Bootleg YouTube channel mock draft.
If they actually stay at 5 and take him I'm gonna have a tough time sticking it out with them. Alt is so far and away the best Oline prospect in this class. If they do want Latham better at least trade down to 11-14 and get extra picks because he'll still be available there

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
If they actually stay at 5 and take him I'm gonna have a tough time sticking it out with them. Alt is so far and away the best Oline prospect in this class. If they do want Latham better at least trade down to 11-14 and get extra picks because he'll still be available there
Not sure they get him down there. Rams are aggressively trying to move up for a tackle. According to Jeremiah, they'd take Latham if he's there

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not to mention Allen age + FA in a year means that spot will open up right up

And Moore is FA in 2 years as well

That’s why I think in one way or another it would be good for Bears to find similar aged Wr to Williams from this draft

& later years when they are about to get paid focus more on having more draft picks, now focus on acquiring the top talent

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would be very suprised if the Eagles didn’t manage to make a big move up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would be very suprised if the Eagles didn’t manage to make a big move up.
Depends on what they are eying? I think Denver/Seattle at 12 and 16 would love to drop down to 22. If they want OL, they'd have to go up to Denver at 12. If they want a CB, a solid chance one of Arnold or Mitchell is there at 16 at Seattle's spot. Though LV, NO, Indy could eye CB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Depends on what they are eying? I think Denver/Seattle at 12 and 16 would love to drop down to 22. If they want OL, they'd have to go up to Denver at 12. If they want a CB, a solid chance one of Arnold or Mitchell is there at 16 at Seattle's spot. Though LV, NO, Indy could eye CB.
I believe it will be OL and I think it will be Fuaga.

sneakytitz

Mar 8, 2023
Atlanta, GA, USA
Tony Khan (son of Jags owner) is apparently wearing a kayfabe neck brace after a wrestling spot from last night. As if the Jaguars organization couldn't get anymore comical....but I'll be staying up to watch the Jags pick just for that laugh, so I guess their strategy worked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad