GDT: 2024 IIHF World Championship - Czechia

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
You think the issue was "growing pains" rather than Siegenthaler and Marino playing like trash and Hamilton missing 3/4 of the season?
"The issue" Yea, I can't believe he said it was "the issue." Me and you both know that wasn't "the issue" for the season.

Remind me what the one issue was with the team that would have changed the outcome of the entire season? Just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
"The issue" Yea, I can't believe he said it was "the issue." Me and you both know that wasn't "the issue" for the season.

Remind me what the one issue was with the team that would have changed the outcome of the entire season? Just want to make sure we are on the same page.
I'd say the fans. They screwed it up from the get go.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Yeah, by the "the issue" I definitely meant the overarching issue for the team this season rather than more narrowly the main issue that impacted the defense. Given the context of the conversation, that's obviously what I meant. Brilliant reading there.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yeah, by the "the issue" I definitely meant the overarching issue for the team this season rather than more narrowly the main issue that impacted the defense. Given the context of the conversation, that's obviously what I meant. Brilliant reading there.
By saying not "the issue" you are implying there is one issue. He said "growing pains that impacted the team." A lingering fart in the locker room could impact the team. You responded with the classic "not the issue." I stand by my post.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
By saying not "the issue" you are implying there is one issue. He said "growing pains that impacted the team." A lingering fart in the locker room could impact the team. You responded with the classic "not the issue." I stand by my post.

Can't tell if you're being deliberately obtuse, but I'll lay it all out. The Tweet is referring to a specific criticism that was leveled at the front office since before the season began: that relying on two --even highly regarded-- rookies was a mistake. (Ignore for a moment that we were only supposed to be relying on one rookie, and it was only the pile of injuries that forced us to rely on two)

Now that the season has played out there are lots of people acting like they were right about that. There were many many things that went wrong, but Luke and Simon were EMPHATICALLY not part of the problem. "Growing pains" I don't know what the f*** that means. Namec was pretty much superb throughout his short season, not perfect, but probably our best overall defender. Luke did hit a prolonged skid, no doubt about that. But maybe that's because a guy that was supposed to be sheltered ended up playing 25 minutes a night before he was ready? Really weird to refer to that as "growing pains". The issue that impacted the defense was an injury to the #1, decline in quality from the #2 and #3, and the disappointing play of the #4. You really need brain worms to think the issue was the guy that got nominated for the Calder trophy or the other guy that probably played even better over fewer games.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Can't tell if you're being deliberately obtuse, but I'll lay it all out. The Tweet is referring to a specific criticism that was leveled at the front office since before the season began: that relying on two --even highly regarded-- rookies was a mistake. (Ignore for a moment

Now that the season has played out there are lots of people acting like they were right about that. There were many many things that went wrong, but Luke and Simon were EMPHATICALLY not part of the problem. "Growing pains" I don't know what the f*** that means. Namec was pretty much superb throughout his short season, not perfect, but probably our best overall defender. Luke did hit a prolonged skid, no doubt about that. But maybe that's because a guy that was supposed to be sheltered ended up playing 25 minutes a night before he was ready? Really weird to refer to that as "growing pains". The issue that impacted the defense was an injury to the #1, decline in quality from the #2 and #3, and the disappointing play of the #4. You really need brain worms to think the issue was the guy that got nominated for the Calder trophy or the other guy that probably played even better over fewer games.
Yea you are probably right, but I didn't see anyone say that.

Reactions: Blackjack

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
You think the issue was "growing pains" rather than Siegenthaler and Marino playing like trash and Hamilton missing 3/4 of the season?
It’s a combination of all of it.

The “issue” in terms of the season overall was goaltending and injuries. The secondary issues were Siegenthaler and Marino playing like shit and having rookie defensemen who were going through growing pains defensively.

Regardless, dumb take in the tweet to act like these guys were studs all season without flaws in their game.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
How dare anyone hurt our Swiss Prince

1715642375767.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad