2024 IIHF WOMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sweden completely dominating, but only 2:0 up early in the third. Still, should be enough for them to not to get relegated this time around.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs up 2-0.. just tuned in so no idea how the game is going.

I remember being so frustrated with the format for a few years. Just dying for a shot to play Switzerland and Japan instead of Finland. Now we are in Pool A after some insanely close games.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1712177543802.png

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
No other team then canada or usa has ever won this tournament. It wont happen in the next 10 years either

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
3-0 on an empty netter... shots are 32-19 for Czechs. Feels like a pretty dominant performance so far.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Czechs up 2-0.. just tuned in so no idea how the game is going.

I remember being so frustrated with the format for a few years. Just dying for a shot to play Switzerland and Japan instead of Finland. Now we are in Pool A after some insanely close games.
Otherwise Group A sucks though, almost nothing of any significance to play for.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No other team then canada or usa has ever won this tournament. It wont happen in the next 10 years either
2 part tournament

Battle for Gold is amazing
Batttle for Bronze is too! Not much separating 3 to 7 seeds.

Finn Ladies did win one somewhere (U18?) but were robbed by a video replay

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Otherwise Group A sucks though, almost nothing of any significance to play for.
I expect the Czech/Finland/Swiss games to be very close. I don't think any of them are that much better than Sweden on top of Pool B.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

this was pretty unthinkable a few years ago... Doesn't mean much as it is Day 1 and I've felt it is very hard to beat a team twice in same tourney so hopefully we don't see Finland again. Congrats Czech ladies

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I expect the Czech/Finland/Swiss games to be very close. I don't think any of them are that much better than Sweden on top of Pool B.
I wouldn't bet on Sweden being that team either, Japan and Germany are fully capable of beating them as well as anyone outside North America.

Reactions: Czechboy

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
cze has a chance within 10 years to pull upset in one. tbh.

its time people start relizing the cze are the clear 3rd best team in the world.. finland is finland they show up when they want to.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
its time people start relizing the cze are the clear 3rd best team in the world..
A good start, but after dropping the ball against Denmark and Japan at the Olympics the Czechs still have more left to prove than just that and the first two bronze medals in their history. Obviously they have supremely talented individual players coming up now, but for example their own domestic league is still awful and there's not the same depth as in some other European countries.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
A good start, but after dropping the ball against Denmark and Japan at the Olympics the Czechs still have more left to prove than just that and the first two bronze medals in their history. Obviously they have supremely talented individual players coming up now, but for example their own domestic league is still awful and there's not the same depth as in some other European countries.
i still rate them clear 3rd best . they dominate finland head to head lately.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
i still rate them clear 3rd best . they dominate finland head to head lately.
Finland beat them 6:1 just weeks ago while losing to Sweden who in turn were relegated from the top division a few years ago with some of the same players. The relevant European countries and Japan all belong in the same group nowadays.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Finland beat them 6:1 just weeks ago while losing to Sweden who in turn were relegated from the top division a few years ago with some of the same players. The relevant European countries and Japan all belong in the same group nowadays.
few weeks ago in what exibition lol? facts is when it matters cze has been the clear numbr 3 team post the last olympics and if they win another bronze this year its not even a debate anymore

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
few weeks ago in what exibition lol? facts is when it matters cze has been the clear numbr 3 team post the last olympics and if they win another bronze this year its not even a debate anymore
The Euro Hockey Tour finals on their home ice. In total Finland won three of the four EHT games, the same thing last year. The Czechs have got good results at the last two World Championships, but really nothing beyond that.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Scott Spencer and his staff have done an amazing job with the Chinese team. Extremely disciplined and structured. PP looked good, PK looked good.

They played a low box and 1 in the d zone which made it hard for Japan to get inside.. Limits offensive opportunities but they have what they have. You could see the skating difference between the teams.. especially 3 on 3.. Still a massive upset.

the 17 year old goaltender was sensational.

The only thing the Chinese girls seemed to struggle with was getting the red line before dumping the puck.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The same thing in men's U18, not the most skilled but under a Canadian head coach a very well-trained team this year relative to their level of competition (Division II B). Earned them a promotion there. If I'm not mistaken the women's team is unbeaten since more than two years, some of the tougher opponents here obviously but with this result they do have a chance to stay up.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Euro Hockey Tour finals on their home ice. In total Finland won three of the four EHT games, the same thing last year. The Czechs have got good results at the last two World Championships, but really nothing beyond that.
Just curious who you thought was in the finals at the U18S after eliminating Canada this year?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Euro Hockey Tour finals on their home ice. In total Finland won three of the four EHT games, the same thing last year. The Czechs have got good results at the last two World Championships, but really nothing beyond that
EHT results are completely ignored in men's hockey. Curious why you place such a high weight on them in women's hockey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad