Prospect Info: 2024 IIHF U18 WJC

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
U18 Worlds starts soon and here are the rosters and schedules for the armchair scouts. Tournament is hosted by Finland.
1713722435555.png

GROUP A (Espoo):
Finland U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more
Latvia U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more
Norway U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more
Slovakia U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more
USA U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more

GROUP B (Vantaa):
Canada U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more
Czechia U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more
Kazakhstan U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more
Sweden U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more
Switzerland U18 - Roster, News, Stats & more

SCHEDULE:
https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2024/wm18/schedule

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
rumors that Tij will be joining team Canada as a late edition now that they are eliminated from WHL playoffs. Not sure it’s official yet.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Opening game in the books, USA 9 Slovakia 0
Eiserman 3+0
Hagens 2+2
Hutson 1+1
Bednarik 0+2
Ziemer 0+3

Eiserman good as advertized, i have a feeling that he's been over scouted this year and people been focusing on his flaws too much. He bounces back to top-5 after he scores a bunch of goals in this tournament.
I think people can't get over that Eiserman is not (and probably won't be) an above average 200ft player. In doing so, they actually overlook the goal scoring and offensive ability.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think people can't get over that Eiserman is not (and probably won't be) an above average 200ft player. In doing so, they actually overlook the goal scoring and offensive ability.
He seems like a Cole Caulfield clone...he'll slide on draft day then get picked mid 1st rd and be better than the 10 closest guys around his draft spot.

Reactions: wings95

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Tournament is on!

USA - Slovakia 6-0 after 2nd
- Connelly stood out, nice set of hands. Also Dakoda Rheaume-Mullen, very confident d-man.

Czechia - Switzerland 1-0 after 1st
If Connelly is such a toxic teammate (as the Athletic suggested) why would USA Hockey take him to this tournament at this point? It speaks volumes to me.

He seems like a Cole Caulfield clone...he'll slide on draft day then get picked mid 1st rd and be better than the 10 closest guys around his draft spot.
Except he isn't a midget and is a much better skater at the same age. Sadly, I don't think he slides all the way to 15.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Eiserman 3+0
Hagens 2+2
Hutson 1+1
Bednarik 0+2
Ziemer 0+3

Eiserman good as advertized, i have a feeling that he's been over scouted this year and people been focusing on his flaws too much. He bounces back to top-5 after he scores a bunch of goals in this tournament.
I want him to drop enough we could trade up for him. Or Tij Iginla. We have no one like these two in the pipeline...

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Hagens looked like the best player on the ice to me. I think he's a 2025 draft player.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Eiserman 3+0
Hagens 2+2
Hutson 1+1
Bednarik 0+2
Ziemer 0+3

Over scouting is a real phenomenon. However I still don't like his game. He reminds a Phil Kessel too much.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Melvin Fernström - Stats, Contract, Salary & More
Scored a goal against Canada, interesting prospect.

Allthough Sweden is filled with interesting prospects, Zetterberg, Berglund, Eriksson, Sterner, Freij, Gustafsson, Eliasson, Annborn and Liv.
Fernstom is my dream 2nd round pick. Little choppy in his stride but he could turn into our Robertson.

He has such good vision and hands.

Man

If you can draft Phil Kessel at 15 you take that and run...the guy is a career NHLer..
Yeah but unless you have a prime crosby/malkin around him, those types of players make it very hard to win with them.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Fernstom is my dream 2nd round pick. Little choppy in his stride but he could turn into our Robertson.

He has such good vision and hands.

Yeah but unless you have a prime crosby/malkin around him, those types of players make it very hard to win with them.
I'm definitely not the biggest Kessel fan. I'm also not sure of his linemates throughout his career, but you take a consistent 30 goal man at 15 all day, everyday. Worst case, he always seemed to carry trade value. Plenty quality NHLers have never won a cup.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
If I'm yzerman im definetly trading up from 15 if I see someone like eiserman,iginla in the 8-12 range
I think you could get up to 11 ish, but I don't see us trading up into the top 10 based on historic draft-day trades.

The 2019 AZ trade (14th and 45 for 11th OA) seems to be a solid target for trade up expectations.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I'm definitely not the biggest Kessel fan. I'm also not sure of his linemates throughout his career, but you take a consistent 30 goal man at 15 all day, everyday. Worst case, he always seemed to carry trade value. Plenty quality NHLers have never won a cup.
It really depends on our options. I wouldnt take a consistent 30 goal regular season champ if he's going to struggle in the post season and he's not going to play a team game.

Eiserman isnt bad for a worse case scenario at 15, but he doesnt really move the needle towards competing for championships all that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad