WC: 2024 IIHF Division II

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Russia back on its way to WC, I think. :)

Beside UAE Croatia and Serbia won their first game. Serbia had more troubles than expected. Katic probably quite a boost for Croatia.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Russia back on its way to WC, I think. :)

Beside UAE Croatia and Serbia won their first game. Serbia had more troubles than expected. Katic probably quite a boost for Croatia.
Interesting he waited so long to finally turn out for them.

trust no one

Apr 21, 2024
Can Israel win against Croatia? Croats were not convicing against Turkey at Olympic qualifires and not even against Chinese Taipei.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Can Israel win against Croatia? Croats were not convicing against Turkey at Olympic qualifires and not even against Chinese Taipei.
Boy you do not like the Crotian team. 2 posts on hfboards and both wildly underestimating the same one :laugh: Calling 6-2 and 6-1 wins "unconvincing" is some hardcore wishful thinking.

Croatia beat Israel 12-1 last year so I truly wonder, what needed to happen for one to think Israel has a chance this time.

trust no one

Apr 21, 2024
Serbia is clear favourite tomorrow against Croatia. Everything but their big victory would be a big surprise. Djumić is playing in Poland and is good player.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Serbia is clear favourite tomorrow against Croatia. Everything but their big victory would be a big surprise. Djumić is playing in Poland and is good player.
Would this be the first time Serbia would be a favorite? Seems Croatia has always had an edge.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Djumić is playing in Poland and is good player.
Indeed. Who even is Mark Katic compared to this guy.
Would this be the first time Serbia would be a favorite? Seems Croatia has always had an edge.
Look at the guy's [short] posting history. Every post so far is some borderline troll attempt to convince how bad the Croatian team is. While these teams aren't that far apart Croatia is clearly better on paper: better goaltending, definitely the best player in the field on their roster, better players playing abroad in general.

Serbs only have the home venue and the fact that most of them play for the same team all year long going for them.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Indeed. Who even is Mark Katic compared to this guy.

Look at the guy's [short] posting history. Every post so far is some borderline troll attempt to convince how bad the Croatian team is. While these teams aren't that far apart Croatia is clearly better on paper: better goaltending, definitely the best player in the field on their roster, better players playing abroad in general.

Serbs only have the home venue and the fact that most of them play for the same team all year long going for them.
KK - I didn't realize we had an ani Croat/pro Serbian hockey poster here. Which seems a tad odd in itself but then again... old feelings may die hard.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
games between Serbia and Croatia are usually tight. As this game is played in Belgrade, I expect a win for Serbia.

Even though Serbia has a hockey superstar Mirko Đumić (if you haven't heard, he's playing in Poland), I still expect a tight game

Mrzli

Apr 24, 2024
It is absolutely surreal how obsessed are Serbs on the internet. You can go on gardening or hi-fi forum and you will also find embarassing posters like this.

Only fortunate thing from Russian agression on Ukraine is that wider audience finally gets to see that absurd mindset that Serbian neighbours sometimes have to endure.

Anyway, enough politics.

It will be a tough game tonight. I think Serbs are slight favourites, they play at home and as one of you said, they continuously play together in one club.

On the other hand, Croatian team is also better than last few years, as young players are growing every year, the same way Croatian clubs are also slowly getting back into more professional waters. Only drawback from last few ties is that Rendulić isn't here, but it should still be close.

May the better team win.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
Would have never expected to see a Serb/Croat back and fourth on this forum. Seems like this may be a good game that could get chippy... Is there a stream available anywhere?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, there is a stream on iihf.com, you could watch the whole tournament there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad