WJC: 2024 Groups

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yea its free on Finnish tv, meant more like not needing to listen Button and get Gord instead :)

Well, Button is more of a hockey personality and less of a journalist, but I can see where you are coming from.

He and Pierre McGuire are always a little bit more laid back when they aren’t on TV trying to be exciting (like on the radio).

For all the flack TSN gets about their coverage, people from outside of Canada still want to watch it apparently.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Well, Button is more of a hockey personality and less of a journalist, but I can see where you are coming from.

He and Pierre McGuire are always a little bit more laid back when they aren’t on TV trying to be exciting (like on the radio).

For all the flack TSN gets about their coverage, people from outside of Canada still want to watch it apparently.
Oh ytea I love watching TSN whenever I can find a stream which is not always easy. I don't really watch tv so it sucks that the channel that shows the games here in Finland doesn't hasve an option to watch the games online for free. I literaly need to pay to see the same content I can watch free on tv if I turn my tv on.. Button has been alright actually last time I watched, but it is not the same as with Gord.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oh ytea I love watching TSN whenever I can find a stream which is not always easy. I don't really watch tv so it sucks that the channel that shows the games here in Finland doesn't hasve an option to watch the games online for free. I literaly need to pay to see the same content I can watch free on tv if I turn my tv on.. Buitton has been alright actually last time I watched, but it is not the same as with Gord.

That’s a shame that you have to pay double for streaming cable content.

We are able to login as TV subscribers but it can get a bit wonky.

Plus I’m in the States at the moment so I have to go through all kinds of geographic VPN hoops to access content that I already pay monthly for.

We get Gord for Sens games and I’ve always enjoyed his calls.

Reactions: King Karl

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
That’s a shame that you have to pay double for streaming cable content.

We are able to login as TV subscribers but it can get a bit wonky.

Plus I’m in the States at the moment so I have to go through all kinds of geographic VPN hoops to access content that I already pay monthly for.

We get Gord for Sens games and I’ve always enjoyed his calls.
I've heard cable is not cheap in Canada. so one Canadian guy I know doesn't even havbe it just because how pricey it is.

Gord is definitely one of my favourite play-by-play guys, became a massive fan during WJC's in Finland 2016.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I've heard cable is not cheap in Canada. so one Canadian guy I know doesn't even havbe it just because how pricey it is.

Gord is definitely one of my favourite play-by-play guys, became a massive fan during WJC's in Finland 2016.

It’s absurd.

A lot of my friends don’t have cable anymore, and just get Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.

I only really have it for hockey and other sports.

In Finland, is there a go-to announcing team for Suomi or does it rotate around from tournament to tournament or from game to game?

Is it a club-based announcing team?

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It’s absurd.

A lot of my friends don’t have cable anymore, and just get Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.

In Finland, is there a go-to announcing team for Suomi or does it rotate around from tournament to tournament or from game to game?

It varies which company owns the rights to show the games here, it's usually years for one until they don't think it's worth anymore. We have a law in Finland that requires the companies (pay tv or not) show team Finland games on one of their free channels during WHC's, not sure if it's the same is for WJC's .. might be.

The people who pay of course get more studio content etc and no ads and even sometimes a completely different play by play guy. And no, its not dub-based.

Last edited:

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
It’s absurd.

yea my cable is $111 a month and keeps going up 3-4$ every few months there crooks lol

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018

I love Gord, guy is easy to listen to and deals with all the stupid shit mike Johnston says every single game with ease lol

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
What would have to occur in the group for that to happen?

Or is it too complex for a simple answer?
I have no clue if I'm being honest. :laugh:

2nd and 3rd in group I think..

Group A: Canada, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Latvia

Canada
Sweden
Finland
Germany
Latvia

USA
Czechia
Slovakia
Switlzerland
Norway

Canada-Switzerland
Sweden-Slovakia
Finland-Czechia
USA-Fermany

Canada
Sweden
Finland
USA

Canada (4-0) - Finland
USA (3-1-0)-Sweden

Fioland-Sweden
UISA-Canada

Actually wasn't that difficult.. easy to avoid Sweden before the final/bronze medal game if we are 2nd and 3rd in group, no matter the order.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad