2024 Draft - Who are the top 3-5 goalies available?

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Made a thread for Gidlof last year but hadn't checked in on him this year.

Those are some pretty good numbers... maybe he is the top goalie prospect?

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
For me the goalies I consider as potential NHLers (subject to change)

- Eemil Vinni
- Kim Saarinen
- Jakub Milota
- Lukas Matecha
- Kirill Zarubin
- Christian Kirsch

(HM : Ryerson Leenders, Marcus Gidlof, Thatcher Bernstein, Alexander Smolin)

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Pavel Moysevich is a Belrussian overager playing in the KHL but may be worth a closer look this year. 6'5 at 19 and his first 5 KHL games were shutouts for SKA St. Petersburg. Prior to promotion he was putting up solid numbers in VHL.
Something must be wrong with that stat. The KHL site doesn't list him as top of the league in shutouts. 5 straight shutouts would be big news too.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
carter george is the best ohl eligible goaltender. leading the ohl in save percentage, started for the ivan hlinka

Reactions: Finster8

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
For me the goalies I consider as potential NHLers (subject to change)

- Eemil Vinni
- Kim Saarinen
- Jakub Milota
- Lukas Matecha
- Kirill Zarubin
- Christian Kirsch

(HM : Ryerson Leenders, Marcus Gidlof, Thatcher Bernstein, Alexander Smolin)
I wouldn't be surprised if Vinni goes undrafted.

His draft stock is tanked and sink so badly at CSS ( Central scouting Service )
has ranked him C class prospect who maybe gets drafted rounds 6-7

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Elite Prospects has a list of the top 10.

1703089968241.png

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Think Saarinen has the biggest potential from the Finns. Vinni hasn't really developed as well as expected and Rimpinen is too small.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Pavel Moysevich is a Belrussian overager playing in the KHL but may be worth a closer look this year. 6'5 at 19 and his first 5 KHL games were shutouts for SKA St. Petersburg. Prior to promotion he was putting up solid numbers in VHL.
good VHL stats. KHL stats show 5 gp but only 1 win so did he only start 1 of those games? From what I can find he only has 47 saves across the 5 games he's played so a little misleading to say he's had 5 shutouts in the K as I'm guessing several of those were not full games. Either way, agreed he's an intriguing prospect.

@Sticktape

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Vinni goes undrafted.

His draft stock is tanked and sink so badly at CSS ( Central scouting Service )
has ranked him C class prospect who maybe gets drafted rounds 6-7
He's improved from a slow start in the pros and has looked a lot more consistent and with how much more he's done as a player compared to his peers I can't see him going undrafted.

I'm planning to watch him again but I'm whelmed by most of the class anyways so Vinni is getting a lot of goodwill from his past and recent improvements. (Larry Fisher said the same thing and it rings true)

WJC will probably help factor things but I don't see a Goalie with his maturity, but Saarinen is quickly rising and I really like Jakub Milota so it's possible Vinni drops, but I can't see him going undrafted just yet. My comparison for him is a taller Raanta so I would like to see a better goalie take his place at #1.

No one knows. Will a goalie go in the first two rounds?
A desperate enough team maybe, but not more than 1 or 2 like last year.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Where did you get this from? D'Aigle is part of the 2025 draft class.
Top 10 Worldwide 2024 NHL draft Goalie prospects - Elite Prospects

Looking a little closer at the list it looks like elite prospects made a list of players born in 2006 not taking into consideration the September 15th cutoff date.

EDIT: it looks like a list created by some random user. I didn't know you could do that on elite prospects. I thought it was done by elite prospects itself.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
good VHL stats. KHL stats show 5 gp but only 1 win so did he only start 1 of those games? From what I can find he only has 47 saves across the 5 games he's played so a little misleading to say he's had 5 shutouts in the K as I'm guessing several of those were not full games. Either way, agreed he's an intriguing prospect.

@Sticktape
He hasn't played any full KHL games yet, they are all relief appearances.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
A Czech has gone in every draft since 2010 except 2016. Sounds like we got at least 2 more being drafted this season as well. That's a heck of a run given we haven't been very good since 2010. 7 have suited up for at least 1 game this season too.

Amazingly, to me, Suchanek went undrafted.

Reactions: czech

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
A Czech has gone in every draft since 2010 except 2016. Sounds like we got at least 2 more being drafted this season as well. That's a heck of a run given we haven't been very good since 2010. 7 have suited up for at least 1 game this season too.

Amazingly, to me, Suchanek went undrafted.
Just so silly that happened. I believe Thomas Milic was rightfully drafted, it's just that Tomas Suchanek should have been drafted with him. I think he plays a style that's more NHL capable than Milic's is. Suchanek is also off to a great start in a system that developed Lukas Dostal who Suchanek shares quite a few qualities with so if there's NHL potential there he's in a great spot to get it developed. I just hope the Ducks treat him like a legitimate prospect because he's earned it.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just so silly that happened. I believe Thomas Milic was rightfully drafted, it's just that Tomas Suchanek should have been drafted with him. I think he plays a style that's more NHL capable than Milic's is. Suchanek is also off to a great start in a system that developed Lukas Dostal who Suchanek shares quite a few qualities with so if there's NHL potential there he's in a great spot to get it developed. I just hope the Ducks treat him like a legitimate prospect because he's earned it.
I liked Milic a lot too.

He started in ECHL and has moved up to AHL and is doing well. He's an underdog story I will always cheer for. Some undrafted Czechs include Rittich and Francouz I believe. There is some precendence. Long road obviously but I've never really understood the knock against him by scouts?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I liked Milic a lot too.

He started in ECHL and has moved up to AHL and is doing well. He's an underdog story I will always cheer for. Some undrafted Czechs include Rittich and Francouz I believe. There is some precendence. Long road obviously but I've never really understood the knock against him by scouts?

He's not big. That's literally it. Teams don't like drafting goalies under 6' 2"....they don't even like drafting goalies that are 6' 2". They want the next Hill or Kuemper or Vasi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad