2024 Draft Discussion

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I haven't looked over the prospects in detail yet but I would be down for taking Tij Iginla at #15. Seems he has a underated all around game outside of his offensive production.

The main thing is, f*** Chicago. I'm tired of those chodes getting lottery picks handed out; especially last year when they should have lost the right to draft in the first round.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I haven't looked over the prospects in detail yet but I would be down for taking Tij Iginla at #15. Seems he has a underated all around game outside of his offensive production.

The main thing is, f*** Chicago. I'm tired of those chodes getting lottery picks handed out; especially last year when they should have lost the right to draft in the first round.

I'd love Iginla but from what I've seen projected he'll be gone at around 10 or so.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Anyone else think we should target like a vegas and get another 1st round pick??

i know ppl like walman but i'd be willing to part with him and retain gost for 2 yrs and target like a roy. Hes got 2 more yrs anyways

Looking at our forward prospect pool and likes of mazur berggren soderblom are 22-23

Hanas niederbach and younger nilsson seem like busts. Savage and James seem like bottom liners

Lombardi and buchelnikov are question marks at this stage. Noah dower,bicker etc who knows

Basically danielson and kasper have top 6 potential that are 20 and under. We 1000% need to draft a forward with upside and I'd somehow try and find a way to draft 2 guys the likes of

Eiserman
Sennecke
Parascak
Nygaard
Hage

Last edited:

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
He looks like another Zadina to me.

If you want to compare him to someone compare him to caufield whose record he just broke

I can appreciate every one having their own opinions but I cant imagine someone throwing a beer bottle at the the wall cause we picked a 6 foot caufield who can score 30-40 goals in the mid draft

Reactions: Konnan511

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
If you want to compare him to someone compare him to caufield whose record he just broke

I can appreciate every one having their own opinions but I cant imagine someone throwing a beer bottle at the the wall cause we picked a 6 foot caufield who can score 30-40 goals in the mid draft

Yzerman is going to select someone with a high floor (Seider, Kasper, Danielson). I don't see Eiserman as that guy. He's a high risk/high reward... aka Zadina.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

They have the Wings taking Helenius at 15. MBN goes at 16.

Craig Button has the Wings taking MBN at 15.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yzerman is going to select someone with a high floor (Seider, Kasper, Danielson). I don't see Eiserman as that guy. He's a high risk/high reward... aka Zadina.
You didn't think Zadina had a high floor back when he was drafted? I mean I know hindsight is 20/20, but I feel like that's exactly what he was thought to be and was the reason why teams started to pass on him.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023

Pushed for kasper for months , love the kid not know about high floor on those guys. We need guys to put up big numbers since were seriously lacking

Maybe we'll luck out with danielson being a ppg player. 30-40 goal guys on the top 6 seem like high floor to me. Hes not a great 2 way guy but put him next to a danielson and another similar winger I see np

Not saying I'm 100% on eiserman with our pick yet but definetly wouldn't object.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023

They have the Wings taking Helenius at 15. MBN goes at 16.

Craig Button has the Wings taking MBN at 15.
Not sold on helenius , dont need a smallish forward and like nygaard just wish we'd land another pick for him. I want someone with huge upside

Button picked sennecke for stl much rather see him at 16

Reactions: wings95

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
You didn't think Zadina had a high floor back when he was drafted? I mean I know hindsight is 20/20, but I feel like that's exactly what he was thought to be and was the reason why teams started to pass on him.

Teams didn't really pass on Zadina, Arizona and Montreal both "reached" for centers in Kotkaniemi and Hayton that were rated outside the top 10 with their respective picks. IF we had drafted Bouchard/Dobson/Hughes instead of Zadina, he surely would've been taken at 7.

Reactions: Astyanax and lilidk

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I love late risers who have borderline elite skill and continue to dictate play even all the way into the playoffs like they just get better and better. Give me Beckett Sennecke all day. Danielson was a late riser last year (albeit on a bad team) and now it looks like we are gonna reap the big rewards of that "gamble".

Sennecke having a big growth spurt 1 year before the draft and then proving throughout the season how he's already adapting and figuring out his body is something not many players get a grasp on so fast (skating will surely come along with the right guidance, he's not a deficient skater at all either).

He's a winger that plays mainly LW but is interchangeable, which is the position I think we should swing for as Raymond is the only high-end winger under the age of 24 we have. I don't think we get a high potential C at #15. We're already more than set at D and G and I love that we can say that.

I fear many teams are catching onto the buzz with Sennecke. Though it's actually really funny how #2 to #16 is so up in the air and I'm excited for how it plays out.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Eiserman will not be there at 15. That's not a speculation.
Based on what? Both McKenzie and Button have him at 13. So what ironclad evidence is there that he could not possibly slide just 2 spots from the current guesses?

They haven't even done the combine yet. Eiserman could be a top-5 talent in waiting that says something stupid in an interview or breaks his foot or does any number of things to slide a whopping TWO SPOTS.

None of us know any of the actual draft boards that teams have at the moment, let alone how they'll rank these kids on draft night.

Reactions: wings95

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I love late risers who have borderline elite skill and continue to dictate play even all the way into the playoffs like they just get better and better. Give me Beckett Sennecke all day. Danielson was a late riser last year (albeit on a bad team) and now it looks like we are gonna reap the big rewards of that "gamble".

Sennecke having a big growth spurt 1 year before the draft and then proving throughout the season how he's already adapting and figuring out his body is something not many players get a grasp on so fast (skating will surely come along with the right guidance, he's not a deficient skater at all either).

He's a winger that plays mainly LW but is interchangeable, which is the position I think we should swing for as Raymond is the only high-end winger under the age of 24 we have. I don't think we get a high potential C at #15. We're already more than set at D and G and I love that we can say that.

I fear many teams are catching onto the buzz with Sennecke. Though it's actually really funny how #2 to #16 is so up in the air and I'm excited for how it plays out.
Sadly if we had sennecke in our sights a while back these playoffs have ruined it for us. Unless yzerman moves up he and a few others might be out of reach

Leaning towards parascak as someone who might be there at 15 realistically or Connelly despite his huge f*** up in the gold medal game. Enough 2 way crap we need to add elite skills

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Sadly if we had sennecke in our sights a while back these playoffs have ruined it for us. Unless yzerman moves up he and a few others might be out of reach

Leaning towards parascak as someone who might be there at 15 realistically or Connelly despite his huge f*** up in the gold medal game. Enough 2 way crap we need to add elite skills
I feel that way too, he's really shining right now.

I'm not a huge Parascak guy in the top 15 (solid, but I see more of a middle 6 scorer there). I honestly wonder if all these teams ignore Catton and he falls to us. I thought he was a lock top 5 pick with his skill but if these teams are silly enough to let him fall... Give him to us as hopefully this year's Benson.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I feel that way too, he's really shining right now.

I'm not a huge Parascak guy in the top 15 (solid, but I see more of a middle 6 scorer there). I honestly wonder if all these teams ignore Catton and he falls to us. I thought he was a lock top 5 pick with his skill but if these teams are silly enough to let him fall... Give him to us as hopefully this year's Benson.
I dont know more I see parascak more I like,still 17 as well. Just want someone with huge upside

Ya I don't think catton falls all the way to 15. what do I know

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad