2024 Draft Discussion

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It's new reality NHL makes sure we have a lot of teams that played a lot of games, so they make more money. Lottery helping that by encouraging some teams to tank . It's not fair for good teams and not fair for top prospects, but it's helping make for some money

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I won’t be surprised if it’s another defenseman with the top pick. I think that’s easily the best thing this draft class has to offer.

I think Connelly is a very appealing pick if he passes the scumbag test. Pretty easily the best play driver and most talented forward option we have in our range, assuming Iginla and Helenius are gone.

Not opposed to going “off the board” for a forward they really like, depending who it is. I’ve been a fan of Hage’s all year. Also like some other USHL kids (Boisvert and Gridin) and I find that Russian kid (Chernyshov) and Finnish kid (Hemming) interesting too.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I won’t be surprised if it’s another defenseman with the top pick. I think that’s easily the best thing this draft class has to offer.

I think Connelly is a very appealing pick if he passes the scumbag test. Pretty easily the best play driver and most talented forward option we have in our range, assuming Iginla and Helenius are gone.

Not opposed to going “off the board” for a forward they really like, depending who it is. I’ve been a fan of Hage’s all year. Also like some other USHL kids (Boisvert and Gridin) and I find that Russian kid (Chernyshov) and Finnish kid (Hemming) interesting too.
Sennecke could be available at 15 and might end up being a top 5 player from this class

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sennecke could be available at 15 and might end up being a top 5 player from this class
That’s definitely a bold take. I think he has interesting upside, I also think there is a pretty wide range of outcomes for what he could be.

It makes me wonder a decent amount why someone with his size and touted skill level wasn’t able to hit the box score more.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
That’s definitely a bold take. I think he has interesting upside, I also think there is a pretty wide range of outcomes for what he could be.

It makes me wonder a decent amount why someone with his size and touted skill level wasn’t able to hit the box score more.
That’s fair. I think gambling on his skill is worth it. It’s what we are lacking in the piepleine. I think he could have a Wyatt Johnston type explosion in his D+1

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That’s fair. I think gambling on his skill is worth it. It’s what we are lacking in the piepleine. I think he could have a Wyatt Johnston type explosion in his D+1
Either Greentree or Senecke would be fine picks by me. I could see either one becoming an impact player if they ace their development. Both have a good combo of size and skill.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

The most I like about him that he's trying to be line driver

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023

I don't know what you know, they know but you clearly know one or the other is going to be drafted at 17. How you know and they don't know you know is not something I know.

What I do know is McKenzie does NOT have either ranked in the top 15, and the Wings own the 15th pick. Using Bob McKenzie's rankings, where he has Greentree at @17 and Hage at #36 leads me to state the Wings can draft Greentree at 15. I think we can agree that, according to Mr. Bob McKenzie, he will be available. That gets the one player into the system.

MR. McKENZIE has Hage ranked at 36. (See below for elite prospect rankings whereby they reference Bob's picks.)

Do you take the #47 pick and Berggren for the #36?

Hage wont be there at 36 but for the sake of argument I'd rather deal a 2026 2nd to move up to accomplish your wet dream lol

Unlike some ppl I dont believe berggren is garbage and I'm not giving him up to move up 10 spots in the 2nd round

Reactions: wings95

Hawaiibros

May 18, 2017
Give me Cole Eiserman. This team needs a goal scorer and that’s Cole. He’s one of the youngest guys in the draft (17!!!) and while he has his flaws, they are easily fixable and that shot/speed/hands/IQ combo is something that the wings don’t have and probably won’t have the chance to get ever again. Go up and get him!

Reactions: David D

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Why?

If that RHD turns into an elite player, don't you want elite talent?
We need elite forwards . I'm good with seider and pelikka on the right side + gibson,johansson,tuomisto in the pipeline .. trades and free agency

Unless pelikka tanks I'm not worried atm and would prefer taking a swing at talent and not a sure nhler who ends up a bottom 6 forward. Rather take a swing at Connelly even though he took that dumb penalty than a dman

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010

Ive actually got similar feelings regarding Sennecke. Mostly relying on limited game viewings, clips, and scout takes. So take that with a grain of salt.

I would love to get some potentially explosive offensive players in the pipeline, that and size and toughness are the biggest things we lack amongst the forward group.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Give me Cole Eiserman. This team needs a goal scorer and that’s Cole. He’s one of the youngest guys in the draft (17!!!) and while he has his flaws, they are easily fixable and that shot/speed/hands/IQ combo is something that the wings don’t have and probably won’t have the chance to get ever again. Go up and get him!
Yzerman likes to draft older, sometimes overages

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
McKenzie does not even rank the prospects…and he doesn’t claim to either.
He compiles a list based off a bunch of real NHL scouts who give him their opinion/rankings.

That is also a reference to a mid term list. The recent list was only top 15.

I don't follow him, but whatever his method of compiling rankings sucks balls. Hage is going well before 36. He may very well wind up on the Wings.

Reactions: Snuggs

Crunchy

Jan 27, 2020
Sennecke's hype appears to be blowing well past detroits draft position if the main board is any indicator.

With the later pick and run at the playoffs, we as a fanbase appear to be behind on the draft meta this year.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Seen a few people on Twitter saying it. Idk if it's true or not?
The rule was you can only move up!!!, 2x in a 5 year period, so I think Chicago is eligable for the next 5. They won the lottery last year, but they were also the worst? Not sure. But l think they stayed where they belonged each time, as opposed to our wings.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Agreed. High end prospects don't have to fill a positional need, they just need to be high end prospects.
Fair. But I think we have very different definitions of high end. Barring a very surprising fall, I see a lot of second line forwards on the board. Which are useful, but not what I would call high end.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'm really cool with the Eiserman pick if he's available. Idk about trading up, etc, just play the cards we're dealt, if anything trade down or trade the pick.

Eiserman pick and letting him play in BC is fine. Be a good move and allow the kid to grow up, literally, before playing against other full grow prime aged men. 2 years and a degree would do him well. He's too use to playing kids his age. Next year is going to be a physical wake up call for him.

I really hope Chicago does take Demidov, Cayden Lindstrom is the perfect prospect for me(Chris Krieder like). I don't want to see him as a Blackhawk, Size, Skating, Skill.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad