WJC: 2024 Czech Team

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I noticed a few other posters have started theirs already.lol

This was a very strong team for us. Next year will be weaker for sure as we won't have that glorious D to make everything better.

Our top line is back (in theory)

Sale - Sapo - Kulich - nice start

On D we will have Hamara and Cech back and Alscher (healthy scratch for tourney but was here) should be the base there.

In net I'm guessing Hrabal after he goes in first 2 rounds here. Dybal is also looking to go top 100. Vondras is another drafted guy. Obviously the Czechs may not grab drafted goalies but those are my guesses.

Hoping the Czech posters can let me know who else should be a lock? I'd add Dominik Petr 100%.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I am very curious about our goalkeeper Michael Hrabal. With him we will have Hulk in the net 😂 At the age of 17 he is 199cm/95kg
IMG_20230107_182805.jpg

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

This was a very strong team for us. Next year will be weaker for sure as we won't have that glorious D to make everything better.

On D we will have Hamara and Cech back and Alscher (healthy scratch for tourney but was here) should be the base there.

In net I'm guessing Hrabal after he goes in first 2 rounds here. Dybal is also looking to go top 100. Vondras is another drafted guy. Obviously the Czechs may not grab drafted goalies but those are my guesses.

Hoping the Czech posters can let me know who else should be a lock? I'd add Dominik Petr 100%.

What about the line of Sprynar, Felcman and Stancl?

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

The defense won't be as good as it was this year, but I think it could be above average by our standards. Čech, Hamara, Alscher, Dvořák, Badinka... maybe Galvas, or Jiříček..?
We'll need the entire first offense, but it won't be a surprise if Kulich is in the NHL. In my opinion, Šprynar and Štancl are next, if he is healthy, Petr can also be him, but he is obviously not doing well right now.. Among the players born in 2004, there is no clear leader, Melovský should probably be confident, too Slavíček, who I liked, is not doing well. But maybe someone will appear again and just like this year and Rulík et al. (hopefully they will stay) they will do magic again.

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The defense won't be as good as it was this year, but I think it could be above average by our standards. Čech, Hamara, Alscher, Dvořák, Badinka... maybe Galvas, or Jiříček..?
We'll need the entire first offense, but it won't be a surprise if Kulich is in the NHL. In my opinion, Šprynar and Štancl are next, if he is healthy, Petr can also be him, but he is obviously not doing well right now.. Among the players born in 2004, there is no clear leader, Melovský should probably be confident, too Slavíček, who I liked, is not doing well. But maybe someone will appear again and just like this year and Rulík et al. (hopefully they will stay) they will do magic again.
1673198762383.png

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Maybe the core of the czech team is going to be again Kulich, Sapo, Sale, Jiricek and even Svozil next year after all, haha
It wouldn't surprise me that much at this point!

Dvorak - Hamara
Cech - Marek Alscher
A Jiricek - D Svozil
T. Galvas

I could easily see one of the 3 showing up next year.

Reactions: czech and joey16

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

Dvorak - Hamara
Cech - Marek Alscher
A Jiricek - D Svozil
T. Galvas

My personal guess at this point is that 2 of them (I'd say Jiricek and Galvas) will make it + Badinka. Which would not make it the strongest defense at that point but very talented. And with Kulich, Sale and Sapo up front, who knows..

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My personal guess at this point is that 2 of them (I'd say Jiricek and Galvas) will make it + Badinka. Which would not make it the strongest defense at that point but very talented. And with Kulich, Sale and Sapo up front, who knows..
It's definitely a weaker team next year. However, our D might actually be better in 2 tournaments if (and it's a big IF) all these guys pan out.

2 year from now our D could be Svozil, Jiricek, Galvas and Badinka on top with Dvorak as well. Those are all guys that could go in the first 100 of the draft (again, big ifs as we are talking kids).

Reactions: joey16

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Dvorak - Hamara
Cech - Marek Alscher
A Jiricek - D Svozil
T. Galvas

Cibulka seems to be doing good in NA. Could be a name. Maybe also Lukas Fischer.

Reactions: czech

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3