WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I'd like Dobes or suchanek as our 3.

Vrana got the call.

Fine leaving rest behind but guys like brabenec would be nice to get a look and be cut. Same with Mysak. Not saying on the roster but a look

Reactions: montreal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think Vrana is a good pickup. His off-ice issues a side, he is more than good enough for the team skillwise.
I see it as we have about 5 pure shooters...

Pasta in a league of his own

Kubalik and Kulich

Vrana

Frk

Maybe I'm missing on someone with a one timer but I feel like those are our best pure shooters. And frk is not looking very good these days. Not is kubalik. Nor is Vrana. Kulich in AHL and pasta beating up on the leafs.lol.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Swiss with some nice pieces!

Germans are not in great shape.. only got two so far and Seider has contract negotiations?

Slovaks got 4 guys... No Tatar so far. Fehervary may be available soon.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If not this year then I hope if Dobes is available next year they pick him, what a season he had, I never saw a rookie start their season so poorly only to turn it around so strongly that he was the teams MVP imo.
High hopes for him... 1 more year and then spot duty

Reactions: montreal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1713829861418.png

I think I circled the brackets of interest.

Jenik vs Klapka - unlikely either guy will make our squad but I like both of them.
Blumel vs Reichel - Blumel would make squad instantly but he may also be called to be a black ace if Stars are eliminated and Dallas is still in it
Zohorna on WBS
Smejkal on Belleville
Kulich is seperated from Jiricek but it seems highly unlikely today.

There needs to be an outclause for the World's dammit.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Spacek has a silver buddy coming to join him.

Curiious if either make it.

I would definitely take him. Without Hronek and Jiricek we will again lack some scoring D's and he was just crazy productive this year. In the worst team on top of that, so he is must imo.

Reactions: Czechboy

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I would definitely take him. Without Hronek and Jiricek we will again lack some scoring D's and he was just crazy productive this year. In the worst team on top of that, so he is must imo.
This goes both ways though. On a good squad, like Pardubice or Sparta, he would never achieve those numbers. Kladno was terrible however so he got all the ice time in world. Which he deserved, but his competition was nearly non-existent.

But I do hope he makes the team, either him or Spacek. 2003 generation and younger finally seem to have competent defensemen, the sooner they get promoted the better. We are not winning anything with the likes of Masin or Hajek.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm 50-50

Here is the D core that I think will be close to reality.. not my preference but looking at what we have

Gudas Rutta
Kempny Kral
Galvas Sustr
Kundratek Hajek

I'm not saying I love this core but that is my guess today and I think it is a good mix of size, speed, D accumen and offense. Obviously, I'd like to see a Jiricek, Hronek, Spacek, Svozil or Tichachek in there. I"d also like to see Masin make it. Soft spot for him and Musil (who may also be in consideration).

What do you think the final 8 will be based on who's available now?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I'm 50-50

Here is the D core that I think will be close to reality.. not my preference but looking at what we have

Gudas Rutta
Kempny Kral
Galvas Sustr
Kundratek Hajek

I'm not saying I love this core but that is my guess today and I think it is a good mix of size, speed, D accumen and offense. Obviously, I'd like to see a Jiricek, Hronek, Spacek, Svozil or Tichachek in there. I"d also like to see Masin make it. Soft spot for him and Musil (who may also be in consideration).

What do you think the final 8 will be based on who's available now?
So far:
Gudas - Rutta
Kempny - Kral
Galvas - Tichacek
Zamorsky - Hajek/Kostalek

Kundratek is kinda past his prime imo, and definitely not Sustr. He may look good now why we play Germany or Austria (not even at full strength), but he will definitely not be up to speed of NHL players and will be completely terrible against stronger teams.

But I am still hoping for a miracle etiher on Canucks or Clevelend side. So Jiricek, Svozil or Hronek over Zamorky, Hajek or Kostalek

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So far:
Gudas - Rutta
Kempny - Kral
Galvas - Tichacek
Zamorsky - Hajek/Kostalek

Kundratek is kinda past his prime imo, and definitely not Sustr. He may look good now why we play Germany or Austria (not even at full strength), but he will definitely not be up to speed of NHL players and will be completely terrible against stronger teams.

But I am still hoping for a miracle etiher on Canucks or Clevelend side. So Jiricek, Svozil or Hronek over Zamorky, Hajek or Kostalek
We are all hoping for that miracle! Hronek and jiricek show up and I do cartwheels

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

I don't think those guys are official... could have missed a tweet though.

Seeing Vrana there makes me excited and sad at the same time. A year ago we would all be thrilled we got a first top NHL guy for our roster lol. Now you know ...

Hope he makes the team and plays great and makes a comeback to NHL next year lets go!

Edit: hopefully Rutta, Dostal will join the list soon (Dostal already confirmed) and maybe Kubalik and Zadina also?
So no Hrubec huh
1st goalie

It will be Hrubec > Mrazek > Dostal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Seeing Vrana there makes me excited and sad at the same time. A year ago we would all be thrilled we got a first top NHL guy for our roster lol. Now you know ...

Hope he makes the team and plays great and makes a comeback to NHL next year lets go!

Edit: hopefully Rutta, Dostal will join the list soon (Dostal already confirmed) and maybe Kubalik and Zadina also?

1st goalie

It will be Hrubec > Mrazek > Dostal
I love the Vrana add... I know most don't but he is UFA, needs a contract and likes playing for us. He's hungry. He plays well.. maybe back in NHL. He gets cut or plays poorly... NLA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad