WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Rousek and Kulich will be trying to win a different sort of championship. It's not impossible that they will be out early, their division is really tight, but I would be surprised if they don't go at least two rounds this year with the goaltending they are getting and with Kulich's stick exploding with 9 goals in his last 11 games... while being their shut down center.

I'll be in my rack.
Your franchise is killing us.lmao.

Watch him crack the roster next year and buffalo became a perennial playoff team. We won t see him till he's 30.haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hertl vs Faksa in round 1. Both with a contract for next season.

I'd be happy with either. Hertl would be our 1c and Faksa would be 3C likely. Him and Nosek would be a really nasty combo for bottom 6.

Blumel does not have a contract for next year.

Reactions: martygod12

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
So..

Pastrnak/Zacha or Kampf. And Hertl or Faksa.

Should mean at least two more NHL-players coming. Not to shabby. Lucky playoffdraw for the Czechs. Cheering for Toronto and Winnipeg, then. Pasta & Hertl on home ice would be cool.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So..

Pastrnak/Zacha or Kampf. And Hertl or Faksa.

Should mean at least two more NHL-players coming. Not to shabby. Lucky playoffdraw for the Czechs. Cheering for Toronto and Winnipeg, then. Pasta & Hertl on home ice would be cool.
Lauko would also have a contract and be available. For a bottom role.. I'd take him.
Hertl would be the big one in the west. Bs lose (and I hope they don't to be honest... I'd love them to go far) and our chances go up a lot. Elite player.. 1C and grit if they take Lauko.

Ftr.. would love Faksa and Kampf... Our team will have good d and G and some of our defensive forwards are becoming available. Even guys like sedlak and Palat play a very honest game. We could be a very stingy pain in the ass.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I must have missed the 'here are the NHLers who are coming' tweet but Marty says he'll be on a plane next day if Canes get eliminated.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

If I'm following this correctly.. it's possible we'll get Cleveland vs Rochester in playoffs? So that would be Kulich and Rousek vs Zboril, Svozil and Jiricek if I read it write. That'd be great.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Today's roster vs Austria (game is at the same time as the ELH finals which have better players in it.lol).

Hard to take much our of these games. In my mind, at least 10 of these guys need to be cut if we are being serious.lol

Sustr may eke out a bottom pair role and I'm fine with it. 13 minutes a night, big body with a tonne of experience.

Sirota has been neat to watch and I think he's going to get better.

Kondelik is a disrupter... big body pain in the ass. He doesn't hit enough but he's always around the puck and could be a very good 4th liner.

Cervenka for sure on the final team. Waiting for some new announcements.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This should be a confirmation that Mrazek is in.

Lots of tweets and info but no official word yet! Driving me crazy.lol I'm thrilled for Mrazek if true.

In theory.. we have 4 similar goalies going for 3 jobs: Mrazek, Vejmelka, Dostal and Vanecek could be healthy by then. I think they take 2 and I don't know which 2. I hope they take 3 NHL goalies.

IMO.. Dostal is our best goalie and should be the starter but no one is asking me.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

First official player from overseas is David Spacek who had that on their bingo card?

Thrilled to see O. Kase!

Obviously was waiting for a few different names.

From this nomination... Guys who I think will make final roster... Galvas and Kempny. O. Kase, Chlapik, cervenka,

I know more will make it but those are my five guesses today.

Rychkovsky and sustr are having nice camps. Sirota I'd better than I thought. Kondelik sticking around.. he has no finish but man is he noticeable.

Really happy Spacek got a look. Not sure if he will be good enough to make it this year. Kind of like svozil last year but time will tell. Ftr.. all the nominated D are players I like.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Looked at Finnish playoffs.. Kral leads d in minutes. Over 23 in game one. I'll be pissed if he isn't in final nomination.

Today I want:
Gudas
Rutta
Kral
Galvas
Sustr (mock away)
Kempny

As the top 6. I obviously have all day for Spacek, svozil, Hronek and jiricek.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

First official player from overseas is David Spacek who had that on their bingo card?

Thrilled to see O. Kase!

From this nomination... Guys who I think will make final roster... Galvas and Kempny. O. Kase, Chlapik, cervenka,

Rychkovsky and sustr are having nice camps. Sirota I'd better than I thought. Kondelik sticking around.. he has no finish but man is he noticeable.

Really happy Spacek got a look. Not sure if he will be good enough to make it this year. Kind of like svozil last year but time will tell. Ftr.. all the nominated D are players I like.

There will very likely be more. And Tomášek in the first place..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Thrilled to see O. Kase!

Basically love all the additions maybe except for Krejcik. He is kinda average and always was.

Spacek, god damn. That's why we have Rulík in the team, he is not afraid of bold moves like this and I love it.

As I said looks like we have some kind of news embargo about NHL guys coming. We will probably not know sooner then after the games with Slovakia.

Necas is the chad if he is so ready to come, hope Canes will get kicked out lol, but probably not gonna happen.

Rochester vs Cleveland is possible but probably in the first round and not preliminary so that means that series will probably be done very close before the tournament. But I believe Rulík has big balls enough to bring Jiricek, Svozil or Kulich straight to WCH lol. If he does that I would completely admire the guy.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Basically love all the additions maybe except for Krejcik. He is kinda average and always was.

Spacek, god damn. That's why we have Rulík in the team, he is not afraid of bold moves like this and I love it.

As I said looks like we have some kind of news embargo about NHL guys coming. We will probably not know sooner then after the games with Slovakia.

Necas is the chad if he is so ready to come, hope Canes will get kicked out lol, but probably not gonna happen.

Rochester vs Cleveland is possible but probably in the first round and not preliminary so that means that series will probably be done very close before the tournament. But I believe Rulík has big balls enough to bring Jiricek, Svozil or Kulich straight to WCH lol. If he does that I would completely admire the guy.
To me... certain guys are walk ons. Could care less if they play one exhibition game.. Kulich, Jiricek, O. Kase and D Jiricek should be taken without question. Sedlak as well. Let him rest for a few days after the finals. No problem! Obivously most the NHL guys like Gudas, Pasta, Necas, Hronek and the goalies should not have to try out.

I'd want to see guys like Spacek, Svozil, Zadina, Smejkal, Blumel for at least a game and a few practices.

I don't know if Spacek makes it (I think he's a year away) but it really does show some balls from the staff.

Agree about Krejcik... never a player I loved. Not him personally but his style of play.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
How has Rychlovsky done? Three new points today against Austria. Could he make the team?
I think he will.. he also has some NHL contract hype and may be heading to AHL next season (unconfirmed rumour).

Problem is that we have a lot of guys like him.. eg. Top 6 Euro's that can score. Spacek, Rychlovsky, Chlapik, Stransky, Tomasek, Sedlak, Fillipi, Hyka all come to mind. He may not crack a scoring line and I have no idea how good he is in bottom 6. Unless Rulik is more of a Top 9 guy (which I hope he is).

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I think he will.. he also has some NHL contract hype and may be heading to AHL next season (unconfirmed rumour).

Problem is that we have a lot of guys like him.. eg. Top 6 Euro's that can score. Spacek, Rychlovsky, Chlapik, Stransky, Tomasek, Sedlak, Fillipi, Hyka all come to mind. He may not crack a scoring line and I have no idea how good he is in bottom 6. Unless Rulik is more of a Top 9 guy (which I hope he is).
Top 9 all the way please :D

Btw first playoff games of course not going out way lol.

• Haha

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Hey guys,
short question for those of you living in Prague and knowing a thing or two: is there a way to access the player's entrance of the arena for some autographs or photos? If so, how do you get there best?

Additionally, does anyone know where Czechia and Team Canada will reside? The latter ones usually have an agreement with RadissonBlu hotels as far as I know.

Thanks for any help!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Necas with 2 points in victory yesterday... more importantly though, Kampf is outscoring Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander (didn't play). Should he be on line 1 or 2 in Prague?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Canucks of course also with a W ... start of the po definitely not going our way lol

Btw Cleveland and Rochester are 1st and 2nd in their division, that sucks lol

• Haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

So, ftr, I'm all for this. I have no idea what he did but he's a very good hockey player. He was near .ppg in AHL and he has always shown up and represented. So I love it but know I am probably alone.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad