WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I know right I dont know why this stupid competition end so late lol. They are not even playing 82 games like NHL yet they finish later, its completely ridiculous.

I think Blumel is a real possibilty, that preliminary PO round is only best of 3 I think.

Zohorna and Smejkal will probably get new contracts no? Smejkal was there first year and got 20NHL games thats not bad. And Zohorna feels like he is just that one tiny step below being a regular NHLer, maybe he gets more lucky next season maybe even in worse team or so and get a full season.

Sadly both are also AHL play off bound.

Suck that only of those "good" AHL guys who is not going into the PO is Suchanek and we are kinda stacked in the net already lol.
Suchanek is my ideal 3rd goalie tbh.

2 NHLers and a potential future NHLer should be the mix. So Malek, Patera, Dobes, Suchanek or stwzka.. Someone like that. A guy like that. Someone with NHL upside. I'm done with career euro goalies at the skodas.lol

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Suchanek is my ideal 3rd goalie tbh.

2 NHLers and a potential future NHLer should be the mix. So Malek, Patera, Dobes, Suchanek or stwzka.. Someone like that. A guy like that. Someone with NHL upside. I'm done with career euro goalies at the skodas.lol
Well dont get me wrong, I would take Suchanek as the 3rd goalie in the heartbeat. But I think coaches would want the 3rd goalie to be someone Euro. Thats why I think Vejmelka also wont come. I kinda fear the third is gonna be Hrubec :D

I hope its not gonna be another Hrubec one man show with Mrazek being a 2nd GK and Dostal watching it all from the stands lol.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well dont get me wrong, I would take Suchanek as the 3rd goalie in the heartbeat. But I think coaches would want the 3rd goalie to be someone Euro. Thats why I think Vejmelka also wont come. I kinda fear the third is gonna be Hrubec :D

I hope its not gonna be another Hrubec one man show with Mrazek being a 2nd GK and Dostal watching it all from the stands lol.
This is exactly why I don't want a third euro goalie lifer.lol

• Haha
Reactions: martygod12

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Hertl would definitely come. Vegas is damn good though.

In the past, anyone without a contract (RFA or UFA) never showed unless they were returning to Europe. I think even Pasta declined in his RFA year. Only one I can think of is Kempny! Another reason I'm fine with him on the team, he's earned that spot and is good for us internationally. Not saying I think he's winning best Dman in the tourney or anything.lol

For fun... here is my guess how this ends today after round 1:

Palat, Kampf and the rest from Europe - Sedlak, Hyka, Nestrasil, Kaut, Spacek, Kovarcik x 2, Flek, Cervenka, Kovar, Tomasek

D will be Gudas, Rutta, Hajek, Kral, Galvas, Kempny and Tichachek

G will be Mrazek, Dostal and Malek

I hope I'm dead wrong but that is how I'm seeing it today. Not very optimisitic. It's amazing that guys like Zadina, Kubalik and Nosek would be huge upgrades for us.lol I hope they are looking closely at AHL as there are a bunch of guys we could use.

The Czech big black hole:

Too young to make NHL and NT (Kulich, Svozil, Jiricek)

no one between 22 and 28 (AHL guys really - Blumel, Smejkal, Zohorna, Rousek.. I guess Kaut would be an exception here)

Too old to make NHL or your busted and returned to Europe (Cervenka, Spacek, Kempny, Kovar, Sedlak)
Kaut is not significant in the game, I think that even Nestrašil already had a better PO (unfortunately), Špaček was unimpressive in the national team, but he will definitely get a chance. And Rulík doesn't want Kovář.
For me, the best PO player so far was Chlapík, I can't imagine him not being nominated. If he plays as well in the national team as well, then he is a clear member of the team.
And if O. Kaše is fine, he is another candidate for nomination.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Kaut is not significant in the game, I think that even Nestrašil already had a better PO (unfortunately), Špaček was unimpressive in the national team, but he will definitely get a chance. And Rulík doesn't want Kovář.
For me, the best PO player so far was Chlapík, I can't imagine him not being nominated. If he plays as well in the national team as well, then he is a clear member of the team.
And if O. Kaše is fine, he is another candidate for nomination.
Strange I expected some roster update before the friendlies with Austria but nothing .. and Litvinov is out of the playoff for some time also

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Strange I expected some roster update before the friendlies with Austria but nothing .. and Litvinov is out of the playoff for some time also
Maybe Rulík has an agreement with him to let him rest for now. I wouldn't be surprised at all after his team's elimination. It must be clear to Rulík that he does not need to test him in the matches against Austria.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I also would like to say that Palat won the zlata hokejka in 2022. I know the season was far from perfect but he is very good. Currently... I'd like Nosek as 3C and PK duties. Palat with cervenka would also be a good combo. Toss sedlak down the middle maybe?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I also would like to say that Palat won the zlata hokejka in 2022. I know the season was far from perfect but he is very good. Currently... I'd like Nosek as 3C and PK duties. Palat with cervenka would also be a good combo. Toss sedlak down the middle maybe?
Palat is good no doubt but he is aging and didn't had much of a season. But still a great addition of course. Nosek good addition too for checking line.

But we need some firepower.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Palat is good no doubt but he is aging and didn't had much of a season. But still a great addition of course. Nosek good addition too for checking line.

But we need some firepower.
That is what vozlenik and Tomasek are there for!

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Maybe Rulík has an agreement with him to let him rest for now. I wouldn't be surprised at all after his team's elimination. It must be clear to Rulík that he does not need to test him in the matches against Austria.
Agree.. EASILY one of the 12 best forwards available right now. If he wants a spot, they should give it to him. I'm sure D. Kase would have no problems with trying out and hopefully making the team.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Looks like Mrazek is a lock too. Just read newsflash that 7 guys from NHL should be announced on friday.

So that's Palat, Nosek, Mrázek, Dostal, Gudas, Rutta and? Zadina, Kubalík, Smejkal or Vejmelka?

Might be Kubalik followed by the news that he is done in NHL lol.

I kinda think it's gonna be Zadina though

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Looks like Mrazek is a lock too. Just read newsflash that 7 guys from NHL should be announced on friday.

So that's Palat, Nosek, Mrázek, Dostal, Gudas, Rutta and? Zadina, Kubalík, Smejkal or Vejmelka?

Rulík has already said that Kubalík is an important player for him. I have no doubt that far more than Zadina, Vejmelka and Smejkal..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Rulík has already said that Kubalík is an important player for him. I have no doubt that far more than Zadina, Vejmelka and Smejkal..
Yeah I mean even though he was terrible in NHL this year, he was always a big threat especially on pp at Skodas.

But he really can't risk getting injured, cause that way he would probably not get another contract. Zadina will probably get one either way. Idk we will see tomorrow. I would probably take both, at least for Czech games to get a look.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I would take all of them!

I noticed, going into final weekend, that Belleville is not in a playoff spot so maybe smejkal? Suchanek is available too. Expect them to announce an AHL guy and pretend he is an NHL guy. Jan jenik as joined the team.lol

Jokes aside... It seems promising. Our D core and G should be very good for our standards.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Today's roster and mostly guys I like but I'm not ecstatic.lol

Malek is another guy I'd like as 3G.. patera, suchanek, stezka, Malek, malik, Dobes, hrabal... Someone like that and don't play them a single second but give them the experience. Stick to the NHL goalies. Or bring three so the coach doesn't f*** it up.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Good chance a Buffalo Sabre will win a World Championship... I am now mad at them as they are letting everyone go but Kulich and Rousek.lol

Swedes have Dahlin and Karlsson on the blue line! We are countering that with Gudas and Rutta.lmao

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Good chance a Buffalo Sabre will win a World Championship... I am now mad at them as they are letting everyone go but Kulich and Rousek.lol

Swedes have Dahlin and Karlsson on the blue line! We are countering that with Gudas and Rutta.lmao

I said that earlier, this tournament will be stacked with stars. Prague or Czech tournament in general is very interesting destination for NHL players + great attendances and atmosphere + as I said all the big four will want to show off before that NHL tournament next year so you can count everyone will try to bring the best they can muster and win this Championship

We sadly doesnt have much counterplay and can only suprise. We could have at least some, but we would need not to have all our top guys freakin locked in the playoffs lol either in NHL or AHL.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I said that earlier, this tournament will be stacked with stars. Prague or Czech tournament in general is very interesting destination for NHL players + great attendances and atmosphere + as I said all the big four will want to show off before that NHL tournament next year so you can count everyone will try to bring the best they can muster and win this Championship

We sadly doesnt have much counterplay and can only suprise. We could have at least some, but we would need not to have all our top guys freakin locked in the playoffs lol either in NHL or AHL.
I've always felt our absolute best roster could win a Skoda but not a real best on best. This year... Our absolute best roster probably wouldn't win gold. This tourney is stacked. Having said that... A quarter win and let's see what happens is still my goal.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I've always felt our absolute best roster could win a Skoda but not a real best on best. This year... Our absolute best roster probably wouldn't win gold. This tourney is stacked. Having said that... A quarter win and let's see what happens is still my goal.
Its gonna be very hard. We especially need to avoid US in the quarters imo, cause that would be almost certain end. With Sweden it would be 65-35% I think and with Germany or Slovakia we will be a slight favourites.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Its gonna be very hard. We especially need to avoid US in the quarters imo, cause that would be almost certain end. With Sweden it would be 65-35% I think and with Germany or Slovakia we will be a slight favourites.
And I don't think we get Canada early on either.. they usually start slow. Nice to play them early
Haha

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Rousek and Kulich will be trying to win a different sort of championship. It's not impossible that they will be out early, their division is really tight, but I would be surprised if they don't go at least two rounds this year with the goaltending they are getting and with Kulich's stick exploding with 9 goals in his last 11 games... while being their shut down center.

I'll be in my rack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad