WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well coached team. Well played game. It means nothing and we know that Canada and US are sending juggernauts (which may trigger Sweden to do the same)... still, I've seen more 'fun' Czech games in the last 2 years then the last decade before that.lol

We have a report that Tage Thompson is going to play for the US and Rasmus Dahlin is going for Sweden.

Ooof, late clear breakaway and it's 4-2. Edit - Kubik #59 with a poor giveaway there.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Stat watching says he looks relatively promising. My eye test noticed him (although he just got burned on that 2nd goal) and his stats are all favorable.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We have a report that Tage Thompson is going to play for the US and Rasmus Dahlin is going for Sweden.

Ooof, late clear breakaway and it's 4-2. Edit - Kubik #59 with a poor giveaway there.
I think this worlds will be a lot more like pre covid ones where there will be some serious star power. That would be great. I'm calling Canada for Gold now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think this worlds will be a lot more like pre covid ones where there will be some serious star power. That would be great. I'm calling Canada for Gold now.

Hearing rumblings that both Canada and the US want people to rep the teams as a way to get extra consideration for the Olympics. That might push some participation.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

See you next week Austria! Hoping to see a few changes as NHL season ends on Thursday... would be nice to hear a few names (I don't expect these guys playing next weekend, just an announcement)

Vej, Dostal, Mrazek, Vanecek
Palat
Gudas, Rutta

I think that is it for guys with contracts next year?

Nosek and Kubalik are UFA (I think both will be back in NHL)
Smejkal, Blumel, Simek, Zboril, Svozil, Jiricek, Rousek, Zadina, Zohornia, Pavel, Klapka and Jenik either will be in AHL or do not have a contract next season.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Congrats to Trinec... down 0 - 3. 2 seconds from elimination in game 6. Now in the finals for the 6th time.
I'd want Chlapik. Kempny is inevitable.
My fear is that Benak is the next Kodytek. Super nifty Euro player.
At the same age, Benák is an incomparably better player. I have no idea what will happen in adulthood. But I hope he will still be the incomparably better player still.
Otherwise, full agreement.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
At the same age, Benák is an incomparably better player. I have no idea what will happen in adulthood. But I hope he will still be the incomparably better player still.
Otherwise, full agreement.
Benak is unbelievable but I wish him and galvas were about ten CMS taller and 5kg heavier lol

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So how does it look so far:

Two wins against Germany who didnt pose much threat to us. Austria should be same, probably the first true test will be against Slovakia and then of course Czech hockey games.

Guys coming in from ELH at some point imo:

Litvinov: O.Kase, D.Kase

Sparta: Chlapik, Kempny .. just please no Sobotka, Horak or Repik

Trinec: Vozenilek, Nestrasil, Jerabek? - Idk how serious his injury is ... but please no Ruzicka

Pardubice: Sedlak, Hyka, Kaut, Kostalek, Radil? - I would probably skip him for younger players, but he has a great season, Hajek? - Not very convinced by his skill, but he will probably be there

Kladno: Tichacek

From other Euro leagues:

SHL: no one

Liiga: Kral, Kantner .. hopefuly NOT Jordan lol

NL: Kovar (I would not take him tbh but he is there), Sekac, and of course Hrubec again :D

From NHL:

Rutta, Gudas, Palat, Mrazek, Vejmelka, Dostal (although I think the 3rd goalie will be euro, so maybe not Vejmelka?)

Guys without contract: Zadina, Nosek, Kubalik

We desperately need to score at least one of our top guys lol. Sadly Hronek and Necas are without contracts and idk if they will come even when available. Hertl is after injury so idk if Vegas would let him go if available. So we can hope Pasta and Zacha will get kicked out and save the day lol. Dont get me wrong I want the SC for the guys especially for Pasta, but even more I want to see them in Prague.

If they get Tampa in the first round there is a solid chance they could get kicked out.

And for AHL guys:
Probably no one from teams who will end 1-2 in their divison since they are going straight to PO and not playing in that preliminary round. The second round of PO would probably not be finished untill the start of the WCH, or it would mean Rulik would need to bring then straight to the tournament which I dont think he will do.

So that means right now: Blumel, Jiricek, Svozil, Zboril, Smejkal, Klapka are possible. Rochester is 2nd so we really need them to lose :D but that could mean Cleveland going to second place ... so we should probably not count with anyone much here.

What can I say, it doesnt look good guys. We have GKs and couple of veterans from NHL, maybe if we are lucky one of our NHL top guys and 1-2 from AHL and thats about it. All euro team otherwise for a home tournament ... that just sucks. Sucks even more seeing that Canada and US are probably bringing some serious firepower, and I would not think Finns and Swedes would do otherwise, since everyone wants to show off before that super duper NHL tournament next year.

Its gonna be tough.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So how does it look so far:

Two wins against Germany who didnt pose much threat to us. Austria should be same, probably the first true test will be against Slovakia and then of course Czech hockey games.

Guys coming in from ELH at some point imo:

Litvinov: O.Kase, D.Kase

Sparta: Chlapik, Kempny .. just please no Sobotka, Horak or Repik

Trinec: Vozenilek, Nestrasil, Jerabek? - Idk how serious his injury is ... but please no Ruzicka

Pardubice: Sedlak, Hyka, Kaut, Kostalek, Radil? - I would probably skip him for younger players, but he has a great season, Hajek? - Not very convinced by his skill, but he will probably be there

Kladno: Tichacek

From other Euro leagues:

SHL: no one

Liiga: Kral, Kantner .. hopefuly NOT Jordan lol

NL: Kovar (I would not take him tbh but he is there), Sekac, and of course Hrubec again :D

From NHL:

Rutta, Gudas, Palat, Mrazek, Vejmelka, Dostal (although I think the 3rd goalie will be euro, so maybe not Vejmelka?)

Guys without contract: Zadina, Nosek, Kubalik

We desperately need to score at least one of our top guys lol. Sadly Hronek and Necas are without contracts and idk if they will come even when available. Hertl is after injury so idk if Vegas would let him go if available. So we can hope Pasta and Zacha will get kicked out and save the day lol. Dont get me wrong I want the SC for the guys especially for Pasta, but even more I want to see them in Prague.

If they get Tampa in the first round there is a solid chance they could get kicked out.

And for AHL guys:
Probably no one from teams who will end 1-2 in their divison since they are going straight to PO and not playing in that preliminary round. The second round of PO would probably not be finished untill the start of the WCH, or it would mean Rulik would need to bring then straight to the tournament which I dont think he will do.

So that means right now: Blumel, Jiricek, Svozil, Zboril, Smejkal, Klapka are possible. Rochester is 2nd so we really need them to lose :D but that could mean Cleveland going to second place ... so we should probably not count with anyone much here.

What can I say, it doesnt look good guys. We have GKs and couple of veterans from NHL, maybe if we are lucky one of our NHL top guys and 1-2 from AHL and thats about it. All euro team otherwise for a home tournament ... that just sucks. Sucks even more seeing that Canada and US are probably bringing some serious firepower, and I would not think Finns and Swedes would do otherwise, since everyone wants to show off before that super duper NHL tournament next year.

Its gonna be tough.
A lot of our best reinforcements are tweebers. Eg. Slaf and Nemec established themselves as NHLers and Slovakia get them. Jiricek and Kulich did not and we don't get them.lol

Your list is perfect..no jerabek and hrubec please. PTSD.

Reactions: martygod12

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
A lot of our best reinforcements are tweebers. Eg. Slaf and Nemec established themselves as NHLers and Slovakia get them. Jiricek and Kulich did not and we don't get them.lol

You should give that Jeřábek a break. He suffered an open fracture of his leg a few weeks back. Personally, I hope he plays hockey again.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Yeah it sucks big time that Slovaks already have two fully fledged NHLers out of that 22 draft. We have one barely playing in NHL and other stuck in the AHL. And both probably unavailable lol.

As I said NT wise I pray for Boston to get kicked out, but generally wise I just want to see Pasta with that cup its tough lol. Or we could hope that Necas, Hronek or Hertl will go no pain mode and come even without contracts/after injury lol.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah it sucks big time that Slovaks already have two fully fledged NHLers out of that 22 draft. We have one barely playing in NHL and other stuck in the AHL. And both probably unavailable lol.

As I said NT wise I pray for Boston to get kicked out, but generally wise I just want to see Pasta with that cup its tough lol. Or we could hope that Necas, Hronek or Hertl will go no pain mode and come even without contracts/after injury lol.
Chytil may be available too if Rangers are out. I forgot Necas and Hronek are without contract. We are in trouble.

And I don't think the team will suck
.... Well coached and backend will be good. Forwards will have to dig in! Be cohesive.

So frustrating that guys like Vrana, frk, simon, Frolik and Voracek are not available for us on 2024. Same with Kulich, blumel, jiricek and rousek.

Old guys aged poorly. Young guys not good enough for NHL. Big black hole in between them.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Chytil may be available too if Rangers are out. I forgot Necas and Hronek are without contract. We are in trouble.

And I don't think the team will suck
.... Well coached and backend will be good. Forwards will have to dig in! Be cohesive.

So frustrating that guys like Vrana, frk, simon, Frolik and Voracek are not available for us on 2024. Same with Kulich, blumel, jiricek and rousek.

Old guys aged poorly. Young guys not good enough for NHL. Big black hole in between them.
Big black hole in the whole czech hockey right now sadly .. but with a bright sights in the end lol .. I personally dont care much for the senior NT results in the next few years, in the way that I wont be pissed cause I know its the rock bottom now and it will or should get better. If we finish 8th or 5th whatever, as long as its not some embarassment.

2030 and the OG thats the year I am looking for, thats where I think we could be competitive with the best again. Till then its just like survival lol :D but of course at the Skoda´s level we can be still competitive and bring medals, but I mean like the best on best.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

East won't have too much for us at all

Kampf vs Pasta and I'd be very happy for either.

I think that's it. Necas is without contract.

Small chance Chytil is healthy and will be pulling a Mark Stone and playing round 1.

Out of the East, our best case scenario would be Kampf or Pasta joining. Till I see him with a jersey on, I'll never believe Zacha is coming.

Did I miss anyone?

FTR.. West won't have much either.

Our star will be Palat if he comes.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1713321754604.png

FWIW.. Slovakia has most their NHLers available (no idea about contracts or AHL duties) and I don't like Washington's chances at all. TBL is also not a fav so their top 4 could have Nemec, Fehervary and Cernak. That would be an amazing start. But, I could be missing details like UFA and going to AHL.

Reactions: kudla

Minipizza

Jun 4, 2021
What about Radim Zohorna? I remember him being a great addition last year.
I guess he needs a contract extension, but wasnt that the case last time as well?
He showed up late after being eliminated if I’m not mistaken, so that might happen again?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

East won't have too much for us at all

Kampf vs Pasta and I'd be very happy for either.

I think that's it. Necas is without contract.

Small chance Chytil is healthy and will be pulling a Mark Stone and playing round 1.

Out of the East, our best case scenario would be Kampf or Pasta joining. Till I see him with a jersey on, I'll never believe Zacha is coming.

Did I miss anyone?

FTR.. West won't have much either.

Our star will be Palat if he comes.

I think there is still a decent chance for Necas and Hronek to come if available. It's not like they need to be worried not to get contract next year and it's a home championship so everyone want to go (I hope)

Nedved (depend on how much are you willing to believe him lol) said we should not expect any non participation apologizes from the players, so maybe he is somehow agreed even with guys like Necas, Hronek, Zacha that they will come if available.

Pasta is a real possibility and that's amazing. Kampf would be a nice addition also.

Also Hertl is a decent chance too imo if available. I mean his injury was a planned operation and I read that there should be zero health trouble after that. So I hope Vegas would let him go.

It's a lot of if and stretches yeah, but my optimistic take is we score 2our top guys + Kampf and pessimistic we just score only Kampf.

Also I assume we will wait for Pasta and Zacha even if they advance to round 2. I guess round 2 should still end before the QF if I am correct.

So we will see, we desperately need them, cause as you say old Palat is our biggest star right now lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think there is still a decent chance for Necas and Hronek to come if available. It's not like they need to be worried not to get contract next year and it's a home championship so everyone want to go (I hope)

Nedved (depend on how much are you willing to believe him lol) said we should not expect any non participation apologizes from the players, so maybe he is somehow agreed even with guys like Necas, Hronek, Zacha that they will come if available.

Pasta is a real possibility and that's amazing. Kampf would be a nice addition also.

Also Hertl is a decent chance too imo if available. I mean his injury was a planned operation and I read that there should be zero health trouble after that. So I hope Vegas would let him go.

It's a lot of if and stretches yeah, but my optimistic take is we score 2our top guys + Kampf and pessimistic we just score only Kampf.

Also I assume we will wait for Pasta and Zacha even if they advance to round 2. I guess round 2 should still end before the QF if I am correct.

So we will see, we desperately need them, cause as you say old Palat is our biggest star right now lol
Hertl would definitely come. Vegas is damn good though.

In the past, anyone without a contract (RFA or UFA) never showed unless they were returning to Europe. I think even Pasta declined in his RFA year. Only one I can think of is Kempny! Another reason I'm fine with him on the team, he's earned that spot and is good for us internationally. Not saying I think he's winning best Dman in the tourney or anything.lol

For fun... here is my guess how this ends today after round 1:

Palat, Kampf and the rest from Europe - Sedlak, Hyka, Nestrasil, Kaut, Spacek, Kovarcik x 2, Flek, Cervenka, Kovar, Tomasek

D will be Gudas, Rutta, Hajek, Kral, Galvas, Kempny and Tichachek

G will be Mrazek, Dostal and Malek

I hope I'm dead wrong but that is how I'm seeing it today. Not very optimisitic. It's amazing that guys like Zadina, Kubalik and Nosek would be huge upgrades for us.lol I hope they are looking closely at AHL as there are a bunch of guys we could use.

The Czech big black hole:

Too young to make NHL and NT (Kulich, Svozil, Jiricek)

no one between 22 and 28 (AHL guys really - Blumel, Smejkal, Zohorna, Rousek.. I guess Kaut would be an exception here)

Too old to make NHL or your busted and returned to Europe (Cervenka, Spacek, Kempny, Kovar, Sedlak)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hertl would definitely come. Vegas is damn good though.

In the past, anyone without a contract (RFA or UFA) never showed unless they were returning to Europe. I think even Pasta declined in his RFA year. Only one I can think of is Kempny! Another reason I'm fine with him on the team, he's earned that spot and is good for us internationally. Not saying I think he's winning best Dman in the tourney or anything.lol

For fun... here is my guess how this ends today after round 1:

Palat, Kampf and the rest from Europe - Sedlak, Hyka, Nestrasil, Kaut, Spacek, Kovarcik x 2, Flek, Cervenka, Kovar, Tomasek

D will be Gudas, Rutta, Hajek, Kral, Galvas, Kempny and Tichachek

G will be Mrazek, Dostal and Malek

I hope I'm dead wrong but that is how I'm seeing it today. Not very optimisitic. It's amazing that guys like Zadina, Kubalik and Nosek would be huge upgrades for us.lol I hope they are looking closely at AHL as there are a bunch of guys we could use.

The Czech big black hole:

Too young to make NHL and NT (Kulich, Svozil, Jiricek)

no one between 22 and 28 (AHL guys really - Blumel, Smejkal, Zohorna, Rousek.. I guess Kaut would be an exception here)

Too old to make NHL or your busted and returned to Europe (Cervenka, Spacek, Kempny, Kovar, Sedlak)
I think Pasta did actually came to one Skodas without NHL contract, but I am not 100% sure.

I hope for a bit more but your guess looks very real sadly. I think I read Nedved wants Zadina too but he is also without contract and currently injured so idk what are the chances here. He would be nice addition, eventhough he is a bottom 6 NHL player, he is still more then good enough for Skodas.

Canucks might still go on Vegas in round 1 so we may see soon enough if Hronek or Hertl comes or not lol.

I think that eventhough Jiricek may not be ready for NHL this year (sadly his games at the end of the season werent very good with Jackets) he is still more then good for Skodas more so given our current D situation.

And I want Kulich please :D I think he would completely destroy the tournament already.

But they will both go to PO so it would have mean for Rulik to have some real balls and bring then both straight to the tournament if available, if he does that I would completely admire the guy lol.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think Pasta did actually came to one Skodas without NHL contract, but I am not 100% sure.

I hope for a bit more but your guess looks very real sadly. I think I read Nedved wants Zadina too but he is also without contract and currently injured so idk what are the chances here. He would be nice addition, eventhough he is a bottom 6 NHL player, he is still more then good enough for Skodas.

Canucks might still go on Vegas in round 1 so we may see soon enough if Hronek or Hertl comes or not lol.

I think that eventhough Jiricek may not be ready for NHL this year (sadly his games at the end of the season werent very good with Jackets) he is still more then good for Skodas more so given our current D situation.

And I want Kulich please :D I think he would completely destroy the tournament already.

But they will both go to PO so it would have mean for Rulik to have some real balls and bring then both straight to the tournament if available, if he does that I would completely admire the guy lol.
The AHL omissions will piss me off more than the NHL ones. No doubt in my mind. Kulich, Blumel, Rousek and Jiricek should all be LOCKS.

Jiricek and Gudas would be a beautiful pair. Run them both 20 a night. Kulich is probably our best shooter. I don't see Frk joining and who else has a one time cannon like him? Kubalik and Pasta are the only 2 I can think of.

But, alas, they will be riding buses on I-70.lol

No idea where guys like Smejkal, Jenik and Zohorna fit.. if they are not getting new contracts, why not release them. I'd be fine with those 3 too (yes, I have a Jenik bias.lol).

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The AHL omissions will piss me off more than the NHL ones. No doubt in my mind. Kulich, Blumel, Rousek and Jiricek should all be LOCKS.

Jiricek and Gudas would be a beautiful pair. Run them both 20 a night. Kulich is probably our best shooter. I don't see Frk joining and who else has a one time cannon like him? Kubalik and Pasta are the only 2 I can think of.

But, alas, they will be riding buses on I-70.lol

No idea where guys like Smejkal, Jenik and Zohorna fit.. if they are not getting new contracts, why not release them. I'd be fine with those 3 too (yes, I have a Jenik bias.lol).
I know right I dont know why this stupid competition end so late lol. They are not even playing 82 games like NHL yet they finish later, its completely ridiculous.

I think Blumel is a real possibilty, that preliminary PO round is only best of 3 I think.

Zohorna and Smejkal will probably get new contracts no? Smejkal was there first year and got 20NHL games thats not bad. And Zohorna feels like he is just that one tiny step below being a regular NHLer, maybe he gets more lucky next season maybe even in worse team or so and get a full season.

Sadly both are also AHL play off bound.

Suck that only of those "good" AHL guys who is not going into the PO is Suchanek and we are kinda stacked in the net already lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad