Prospect Info: 2024 CHL Playoffs (Beck, Mesar, Xhekaj, Guindon, Miller & Sobolev)

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
-Puck carrier
-PP producer
-Playmaker
-Can Deke 2-4 players at the same time
-Has Speed
-Has Agility
-Puck Magnet
-Creates tons of scoring chances per game
-Playoff Performer
-Leader
-Great Vision
-Hockey IQ

You don't know the player, it shows
Sounds like Drouin.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think some of the disappointment for Mesar stems from the 2022 TDL seeing many quality players leave that were on good contracts with what can seem for some as little coming back with hindsight. It helped clear up spots and allowed the team to finish last, however it's strange to think Kulak is who ended up being the most important trade as of now. Though maybe I'm harsh in saying little as it allowed the team to acquire Newhook too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think some of the disappointment for Mesar stems from the 2022 TDL seeing many quality players leave that were on good contracts with what can seem for some as little coming back with hindsight. It helped clear up spots and allowed the team to finish last, however it's strange to think Kulak is who ended up being the most important trade as of now. Though maybe I'm harsh in saying little as it allowed the team to acquire Newhook.
Why is Kulak the most important trade as of now?

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Saginaw with a big OT win last night to go up 3-2 in their series against the Sault. Nice to see Beck having success in the OHL playoffs again. Last night was his 41st OHL playoff game - that places him 5th overall for active players in OHL playoff games and will be tied for 1st after his next game. Note: the all time list has some wonky data for guys who played in the 70's and 80's.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 13.07.47.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Saginaw with a big OT win last night to go up 3-2 in their series against the Sault. Nice to see Beck having success in the OHL playoffs again. Last night was his 41st OHL playoff game - that places him 5th overall for active players in OHL playoff games and will be tied for 1st after his next game. Note: the all time list has some wonky data for guys who played in the 70's and 80's.

View attachment 855631
Huge win for Saginaw. I'm glad they were able to get Parehk back they aren't the same without him.
They can do themselves a huge favor by winning game 6 in the Soo without their Captain.
The stiffest challenge awaits the winner of this series in an 8-0 well rested London team.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

View attachment 855631
Watched the game and Beck was clearly among the best players on the ice. He displayed the skating, play making, shooting ability and compete level that will allow him to succeed at the next level. With so many questions at the center position and with very little help available at Laval, it wouldn’t surprise me that with a strong showing at training camp next fall Beck makes the big squad.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Watched the game and Beck was clearly among the best players on the ice. He displayed the skating, play making, shooting ability and compete level that will allow him to succeed at the next level. With so many questions at the center position and with very little help at Laval, it wouldn’t surprise me that with a strong showing at training camp next fall Beck makes the big squad.
Perhaps but with Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak, Evans and Newhook able to play center why not give him time to play in Laval?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Perhaps but with Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak, Evans and Newhook able to play center why not give him time to play in Laval?

No question. But Beck's level of play may force the Canadiens' hand. In any event, Dvorak's tenure on the team will be short lived and I think both Dach (assuming he remains healthy) and Newhook's contribution and place on a re-built team will be on the wings.

Beck is now clearly the team's best center prospect. That may quickly change after the next two drafts. But unless his progression stagnates, he'll be playing center next year or the following year in Montreal.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No question. But Beck's level of play may force the Canadiens' hand. In any event, Dvorak's tenure on the team will be short lived and I think both Dach (assuming he remains healthy) and Newhook's contribution and place on a re-built team will be on the wings.

Beck is now clearly the team's best center prospect. That may quickly change after the next two drafts. But unless his progression stagnates, he'll be playing center next year or the following year in Montreal.
Hard to counter your points

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
You forgot Celebrini. ;)

Don't sleep on Kapanen. He's tied for the league lead in Liiga playoffs points (14 points in 13 games including 7 goals!!) at age 20. I think he's our most underrated prospect and will have a long NHL career. He does all the little things that coaches love.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Watched the game and Beck was clearly among the best players on the ice. He displayed the skating, play making, shooting ability and compete level that will allow him to succeed at the next level. With so many questions at the center position and with very little help available at Laval, it wouldn’t surprise me that with a strong showing at training camp next fall Beck makes the big squad.
He was their best player in the previous game as well. Nothing was happening unless Beck was involved.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
i just find it hard to see him pass someone like Farrell who's a similar player, then you have Roy/Caufield/Dach/Newhook/Slaf/Suzuki who are gonna be long term players, there's only so many top 6 spots

Mesar won't be a middle 6 or bottom 6 player, that's for sure
Only reason Mesar was chosen because he is Slaf best friend.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He was drafted right in the range where he was expected to be drafted...late in the 1st. At that point, it's all a matter of who teams preferred. We'll see how things play out. He's only 20 years old.
He's a Smurf with mid line hands and weak as a wet rag. Last thing the Habs need. He's above a Kidney, level of a Farrell. Would you spend a first on Farrell??

Reactions: Tyson

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Why would you place Dach on the wing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad