2024 April NHL Mock

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Rank tankathon for the lottery, feedback is appreciated, enjoy!

1. Chicago Black Hawks: Macklin Celebrini

2. San Jose Sharks: Artyom Levshunov

3. Anaheim Ducks: Carter Yakemchuk

4. Columbus Blue Jackets: Sam Dickinson

5. Montreal Canadiens: Cayden Lindstrom

6. Utah X: Ivan Demidov

7. Ottawa Senators: Zayne Parekh

8. Seattle Kraken: Antyon Silayev

9. Calgary Flames: Tij Iginla

10. New Jersey Devils: Cole Eiserman

11. Buffalo Sabres: Adam Jiricek

12. Philadelphia Flyers: Berkly Catton

13. Minnesota Wild: Konsta Helenius

14. San Jose Sharks: Zev Buium

15. Detroit Red Wings: Michael Bransegg Nygard

Reactions: SimGrindcore

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Have a hard time seeing Columbus, a team with LHD locked down for foreseeable future between Werenski and Mateychuk and famously desperate for centers, taking Dickinson. Columbus will go forward or RHD.

mynameisvincent

May 15, 2022
Solid list. I don’t know much about yakemchuk, what make you put him 3rd? He seems higher on most list

Last edited:

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
If this is how it played out for SJ I’d be over the moon. Don’t think Buium goes that low though.
Would be great for SJ. I can see Buuim's range around there. He is getting overhyped a bit right now, but when it's all said and done, I can see a lot of people realizing his age/development stage having a lot to do with the success at Denver.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Solid list. I don’t know much about yakemchuk, what make you put him 3rd? He seems higher on most list
A multitude of reasons, really.

I believe he has a very unique and desirable toolset that many teams will drool over. His play this past year at Calgary was unbelievable and he really took a step forward this year. Not to say 47 pts in 67 isn't bad at all for a D-1 Dman, but his climb in draft rankings makes his progression rather evident. This year, you could really tell his offense went up a level. Even from the authority he skated around the ice with the puck. Reads the ice very well for his age and can Quarterback a powerplay. Fantastic first pass and Isn't afraid to throw the body and has a frame to back it up, Skating needs a little work, (however nothing detrimental like Lindstrom's:help:). If he can work on his stride and transitions a bit, he will be a force moving up the ice and joining the rush. Now, combine this with the below:

-6'3 194
-Right Handed
-23-24 Statline: 66 GP 30G 71pts 120 PIM

For a team like Anaheim, especially after trading Drysdale, he checks all of the boxes for a potential future #1 D man. Given his intagibles and how Anaheim has drafted in the past ie) Lindholm, I can't see how Yakemchuk isn't their pick if he's available.

He will garner the same reaction Seider, Lindholm, and Reinbacher had when being selected due to how he is ranked, although maybe not since he is Canadian. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sakic fan

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Have a hard time seeing Columbus, a team with LHD locked down for foreseeable future between Werenski and Mateychuk and famously desperate for centers, taking Dickinson. Columbus will go forward or RHD.
Good chance Werenski ends up in DET before his next deal expires. Also, I would say Dicky is BPA, although Lindstrom/Demidov are good fits, they aren't as safe of a pick as Dicky. With this pick you are getting a surefire #3-4 with potential to be a low end #1-fantastic #2

Couldn't the same argument be had in 22 during the draft after Bean had a great season with like 20ish pts in 60ish games ?

"We have Bean+Werenski for the forseeable future, no need to trade up for another LHD in Mateychuk, we will go with a RHD or Forward"

Teams (for the most part) draft based off BPA.

Fantilli, Johnson, Sillinger, Voronkov ... How many young Centers does CBJ need before they mess another up?

Last edited:

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Buffalo wouldn't reach for Jiricek with both Catton and Helenius available as C is a weakness in their pipeline.
Also I like MBN and Buium more than him as well I only see us taking a dman if we move up to 3 or yam slides to us

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If this is how it played out for SJ I’d be over the moon. Don’t think Buium goes that low though.

That would be an insane draft for sharks back end…. Give them 2 pillars to go along with thrun/mukham and Addison .

Hell go get elick/Emery with your 2nd too while you are at it

Reactions: Gecklund

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Addison likely won’t be anything and might not even be qualified but

Buium-Levshunov
Thrun-Mukhammadullin

Would be absolutely insane if they pan out.

That would be a nice top 4, and sharks likely going to have a high pick next year…. I imagine you prob want a top 6 center(on the bigger side)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That would be a nice top 4, and sharks likely going to have a high pick next year…. I imagine you prob want a top 6 center(on the bigger side)
Yeah obviously Celebrini is the absolute dream especially with the personal connection to SJ. Next draft definitely has some good Cs though from what I’ve seen and sharks desperately need D as well so if they don’t get Celebrini, Levshunov, Buium, Parekh, etc definitely would be great consolation prizes.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Addison likely won’t be anything and might not even be qualified but

Buium-Levshunov
Thrun-Mukhammadullin

Would be absolutely insane if they pan out.
Does Muk have much experience playing on his offside?

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
There's no way Yakemchuk goes 3rd.
We’ll see. Yakemchuk has a far greater chance of getting selected 3 by Anaheim than Michkov going 2nd to Anaheim, lol. Based off your prediction last year, you have clearly possess a lack of understanding to the Duck’s drafting philosophy. I would suggest looking into Carter more. I can guarantee he is a top 5 pick come draft day.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I am aware, I was just using the most recent list for reference.
You tried to use it as evidence that Yakemchuk is ‘climbing’. I was just pointing out that Yakemchuk is doing no such thing. The only person who has Yakemchuk ranked top-5 has always had him top-5.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If it fell like this, I'd want Buffalo to take Buium, and there'd be a whole lot of people bemoaning another ld, and who's also small.

Sabres stick to BPA pretty strong though.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Adams likes late blossomers and risers in Buffalo. Jiricek is the opposite of that. I don’t see it.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad