Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Judging by the end of the year I would like us to line up similar to this.

Gauthier Carlsson Killorn
McTavish Zegras Colangelo
Vatrano Strome Terry
Nesterenko Lunderstrom Leason

Fowler Luneau
Minty Gudas
Zellweger Lindstrom
LaCombe

Dostal

Strome isn't a good center anymore. Keep him on the wing as a playmaker.

Reactions: McDonald19

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I’d like to see:

Gauthier-Carlsson-X
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Colangelo/Strome

I feel the same. This would be my starting lineup next season.

Gauthier and Carlsson looked good together in their one game and should be given every opportunity to find chemistry. Terry doesn't work with Carlsson and Strome/Colangelo should not be on the top line. Killorn could be there but it makes the most sense to aquire a player on RW.

Vatrano-McTavish-Terry looked solid on their short time together. A healthy McTavish and Vatrano already showed chemistry and success. Terry and McTavish make sense.

This leaves the remaining of Killorn and Zegras. There is no reason to believe that they wouldn't play well together. Strome would most likely play on RW due to seniority/contract. However, if guys like Colangelo, Regenda, Nesterenko, etc... start to push, I could see Strome traded at the deadline or next summer.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ask Derek some questions!

Idw to go on Twitter, been avoiding it for a while.

Derek, if you read this, would love to hear:

1. Do you feel we improved over last year?
2. How can we escape the injury curse?
3. What's our bottom 6 next year. Is Lundy playing?
4. Big hopes in San Diego but result was horrible. What were they missing?
5. What to expect from Luneau next year?
6. How does Pat runs the drafting decisions? It seems we're missing some obvious talent, picking size/grit insteat. Will we continue this trend? It does not look sustainable to me

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Ask Derek some questions!

I don't do Twitter, but I'd be really interested in hearing Derek's take on the relationship between Verbeek and Zegras. Some of the big name insiders have kept hinting at a rift between Z and someone else in the organisation, suggesting that he might get traded as a result. It'd be interesting to hear from someone who's been around the team.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I don't do Twitter, but I'd be really interested in hearing Derek's take on the relationship between Verbeek and Zegras. Some of the big name insiders have kept hinting at a rift between Z and someone else in the organisation, suggesting that he might get traded as a result. It'd be interesting to hear from someone who's been around the team.
Who said that? Ive only seen click bait.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Who said that? Ive only seen click bait.
Friedman has on several occasions, Seravalli has but he's obviously not to be trusted, and I think even LeBrun has hinted towards the same idea IIRC (might be mistaken there). There's smoke, I just don't know if it's an agenda that some are driving or if it's a real thing. Hence the interest.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I'll preface by saying i don't want to see him traded under any circumstances. I think the only way it could happen is if we get Celebrini and even then it's unlikely. If there's any harsh feelings between them, they should work that out because Zegs staying on the Ducks is what's in everyone's best interest.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Um was there a break up day? There is no news at all. Was hoping to get some insight who may be going to the WC, and what players were injured.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
I don't know what getting Celebrini even would have to do with Zegras. The kid is 17 years old right now. He's very good, but not a generational Bedard type of player that's going to immediately light the league on fire.

We're a team that's starved for any positive offensive players, and Zegras is probably the best forward on the team right now when healthy. Unless he's full on demanding to be moved, I can't fathom why he would be traded or what a trade would be that even makes sense.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
“ somebody I know says that” is something he says 15x per day.
He doesn't say that nearly as often as he says "I think".

It's all about clicks anymore. Insiders used to only say something when they actually heard something. Their bosses won't let them stay quiet that long in the current age of social media. Clicks equal revenue, revenue equals keeping their jobs. Hence, everybody now has some Eklund in them.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Was hoping to get some more concrete info on the WC. Right now possibilities look like..

Zegras (USA)
Gauthier (USA)
Zellweger (Canada)
Carlsson (Sweden)
Dostal (Czech)
Gudas (Czech)

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Was hoping to get some more concrete info on the WC. Right now possibilities look like..

Zegras (USA)
Gauthier (USA)
Zellweger (Canada)
Carlsson (Sweden)
Dostal (Czech)
Gudas (Czech)
At the end of this video, Carlsson is asked about his plans for the summer. All he talks about is going home to Sweden. I'm guessing he won't play in the WC, which is probably the right call.

Reactions: HanSolo and Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad