Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just made Toronto a lot better. Pass. That being said perhaps Hertl is will be made available depending on what Vegas wants to do.
Makes all 3 teams better, but thats the price to get something done here.

Hertl looked disjointed in Vegas, heard a few commentators speculating he was being mismanaged in that lineup, a good piece that did not fit.
For the price they paid to get him Boston has not the pieces or picks that LV would want in return. However, all 3 teams pieces that the other wants. I think its a foundation that could work.

Our other option is paying full UFA price for Elias Lindholm and hopes he can reverse his decline and play well as Bostons 1C for many years to come. Hertl is more likely a better piece longer, but we have no way of acquiring him directly.

Reactions: Gordoff

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Hertl looked disjointed in Vegas, heard a few commentators speculating he was being mismanaged in that lineup, a good piece that did not fit.
For the price they paid to get him Boston has not the pieces or picks that LV would want in return. However, all 3 teams pieces that the other wants. I think its a foundation that could work.

Our other option is paying full UFA price for Elias Lindholm and hopes he can reverse his decline and play well as Bostons 1C for many years to come. Hertl is more likely a better piece longer, but we have no way of acquiring him directly.

I prefer Lindholm. Durable. Terrific 2-way player and can win a crucial faceoff. Lindholm's best years were with Tkachuk and Gaudreau.

Play him with Debrusk (if he re-signs) and Pastrnak

I will bet Lindolhm records 70+ points playing with Pastrnak while providing a boost everywhere else.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Hertl looked awful against Dallas though he was coming back from being njured.

He is under $7M so I suppose kick the tires on what Vegas wants back.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
The thing is with Lindholm, he’s not a 1C in the sense that he drives play but he’s really more of a 2C that wins draws, plays defensively, has the IQ to play with top end talent, etc.

He is the exact type of center that would work well with Pasta

At the top of his game, I think you can win with him as your 1C…think ROR in 2019.

You just simply aren’t going to get someone better, especially for free

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

He is under $6M so I suppose kick the tires on what Vegas wants back.
Thats the problem, for what they paid for Hertl, a low 1st and a prospect that was a 1st rounder. For us that would be next summers 1st and Lysell essentially. Thats assuming Vegas wants to break even on the trade which is unlikely AND they want Lysell. However if you ask Vegas if they would be willing to trade Hertl for Marner and you would get a better response. He is twice the cap hit but twice the points. Toronto might have to retain a bit, but the two players they are getting from Boston could allow that and make it worthwhile. I think there is something here, sort of like Tavares to Chicago. It fits everyone.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The thing is with Lindholm, he’s not a 1C in the sense that he drives play but he’s really more of a 2C that wins draws, plays defensively, has the IQ to play with top end talent, etc.

At the top of his game, I think you can win with him as your 1C…think ROR in 2019.

Depends on the cost for me. Think he's a lot better than what we currently have in our top-6, and if we can somehow pull a true #1C in the next 3-4 years he likely slots in as a solid #2 for quite some time.

Even with him struggling a bit this season teams get desperate, especially for centers/dmen. I don't want to be out of cap hell just to potentially wade right back into it. But completely open to it if it's fair. Think he'd be put in an excellent position here and could be a good spot for him to bounce back.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Im not sold on him. I think we need someone better. Hertl is younger, has more consistency and potential, and we don't have much else available to us.

I'm secretly hoping Lindholms good postseason will cause him to inflate his UFA signing price beyond what Boston wants to pay.

Depends on the cost for me. Think he's a lot better than what we currently have in our top-6, and if we can somehow pull a true #1C in the next 3-4 years he likely slots in as a solid #2 for quite some time.

Even with him struggling a bit this season teams get desperate, especially for centers/dmen. I don't want to be out of cap hell just to potentially wade right back into it. But completely open to it if it's fair. Think he'd be put in an excellent position here and could be a good spot for him to bounce back.
Lindholm is all price.
Same as Jake.
Signing Jake for 5 to 6 is different than signing Jake for 6-8.
If he asks for 7 I say walk.

If Lindholm wants 9-10 I say walk.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Problem is, Calgary felt the same way about Lindholm and Huberdeau. Vancouver tried him with all of their top players before settling him in on the 3rd line.

Lindholm is a complimentary player. He always was. It's not a coincidence his best year (by far) was when he played 70% of his time on the ice with 115 pt. Gaudreau in his prime on one side and Tkachuk on the other. Two elite play drivers.

Lindholm could work with Pasta, but only if they have another play driver on the LW. A complimentary LW like a Zacha or Bertuzzi isn't going to work.

Goes back to what the Bruins really need is another play driving elite forward to essentially take Marchand's place as that guy long-term. Lindholm or a guy like him is a secondary need.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Problem is, Calgary felt the same way about Lindholm and Huberdeau. Vancouver tried him with all of their top players before settling him in on the 3rd line.

Lindholm is a complimentary player. He always was. It's not a coincidence his best year (by far) was when he played 70% of his time on the ice with 115 pt. Gaudreau in his prime on one side and Tkachuk on the other. Two elite play drivers.

Lindholm could work with Pasta, but only if they have another play driver on the LW. A complimentary LW like a Zacha or Bertuzzi isn't going to work.

Goes back to what the Bruins really need is another play driving elite forward to essentially take Marchand's place as that guy long-term. Lindholm or a guy like him is a secondary need.

He had a rough season. However he has more goals in the postseason than all bruins centers combined in the playoffs this year.

If he’s just a complimentary player idk what we would classify our group of centers as.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

He is under $7M so I suppose kick the tires on what Vegas wants back.
Zacha and Ullmark is fair. If they don’t want a goalie maybe someone like Peeke and then Lysell.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He had a rough season. However he has more goals in the postseason than all bruins centers combined in the playoffs this year.

If he’s just a complimentary player idk what we would classify our group of centers as.

Same thing. None of the current centers on Boston are play drivers.

But that's OK, you don't need them to be. I need them to compliment play drivers and be solid in their own end and at the dot.

They can be, but you can just as easily drive offensive play from the wing now, if not moreso.

I'm not deadset against Lindholm, but if the Bruins want to really improve, they have bigger fish to fry.

Reactions: HustleB

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Im not sold on him. I think we need someone better. Hertl is younger, has more consistency and potential, and we don't have much else available to us.

I'm secretly hoping Lindholms good postseason will cause him to inflate his UFA signing price beyond what Boston wants to pay.

Lindholm is all price.
Same as Jake.
Signing Jake for 5 to 6 is different than signing Jake for 6-8.
If he asks for 7 I say walk.

If Lindholm wants 9-10 I say walk.
Hertl is a YEAR OLDER than Lindholm.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Looking at UFAs, the guy I'd bring in is Mantha. Doesn't really solve the center problem though. I think you have to address that by trade, because I'm not sure I'd want to pay Elias Lindholm the contact he's going to get.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Zacha and Ullmark is fair. If they don’t want a goalie maybe someone like Peeke and then Lysell.
I believe they look at Hertel as Stephensons replacement plus a guy who can fill in
for Eichel because Eichel will be fortunate to play in 70G a year.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
My head immediately goes to the NS connection. If I'm Marchy this offseason, I'm in Sid's ear everyday trying to convince him to come to Boston. Both on expiring deals, I think both would love to play in the Olympics together. Sid has missed the playoffs the last two years and his team has gotten worse each year, even though he's still producing at an elite level. They have insane chemistry

You move Ullmark for a 1st and a 3rd in the summer. Replace him with Bussi, 5 million out, 1 million in.
You re-sign Debrusk and sign Bertuzzi, 5 million, 4 years each.
To Pitts: Zacha(4.75) +Poitras (870k) + Merkulov +2025 1st
To Boston: Crosby(8.70)

Marchy-Sid-Pasta
Bertuzzi-Coyle-Debrusk
Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau
Geekie-Beecher-XXXXX (face puncher)

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
(face puncher)XXXX-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman (6x7 million)
Bussi

We still have room to maneuver under the cap.
You have traded Potsy in your proposal and have him listed on our 3rd line?
I want nothing to do with Crosby.
The NHL game has been geared towards youth for quite some time now ( players under 30 YO). We are trading three players under 30 YO and another first rounder for 36YO that has maybe 2 decent years left?
I would rather trade these assets to Ottawa and include Ullmark, take out the first round pick and get Shane Pinto and another piece?

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Looking at UFAs, the guy I'd bring in is Mantha. Doesn't really solve the center problem though. I think you have to address that by trade, because I'm not sure I'd want to pay Elias Lindholm the contact he's going to get.
Aren't the Bruins slow enough already?

I've been quite wary of E. Lindholm, but the more I watch him during the playoffs, the more I want to see him wearing Black & Gold next season.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You have traded Potsy in your proposal and have him listed on our 3rd line?
I want nothing to do with Crosby.
The NHL game has been geared towards youth for quite some time now ( players under 30 YO). We are trading three players under 30 YO and another first rounder for 36YO that has maybe 2 decent years left?
I would rather trade these assets to Ottawa and include Ullmark, take out the first round pick and get Shane Pinto and another piece?
Does Ullmark waive? If so how about Ullmark for Chychrun and Noris who you can always LTIR and play Vegas games with...lol.

Reactions: bbfan419

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts

I definitely hear you but I think Zacha or a guy like Bertuzzi to dig pucks out for Pasta with Lindholm in the middle would work

At the same time, Pasta is their only true 1st line play driving forward on the team at this point. If they want another it’s going to cost.

It’s a slim chance of happening but….Guentzel?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
MThis year feels a bit like the 09-10 team to me. Great defense and goaltending but not enough offense to really be a threat to make a deep run. With some cap space to play with this summer though, I think they can go out and add some fire power.

That following offseason after the toughest second round loss we'll ever see they got Seguin and traded for Horton, both of whom brought some offensive spark to the team. I think we're two top 6 players away from being a contender. Having some cap space to play with will allow Sweeney to go out and get those guys.

I'm hoping there's a center available on the trade market cause the FAs don't move the needle on this team much. Reinhart is the dream, but I view him more as a wing. Him + a center in a trade would be the perfect offseason.

Zacha-trade-Pasta - Zacha shifted to wing, less pressure on him there. Good two-way C with size sounds nice, but beggars can't be choosers. Gimme someone over 50% at the dot at least

Freddy-Coyle-Reinhart - Coyle and Freddy have looked good together in the past and Sam would give this line a grade A finisher.

Marchand-Poitras-Brazeau - Marchy's body ain't what it used to be, I think moving him down the lineup would benefit him. He can provide some spark and guidance to the young C while Brazeau brings the size to this line.

Lauko-Beecher-???? - The 4th will likely be a revolving door depending on who has a good camp/injuries/etc

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke
???

Swayman
Bussi
I can't see Reinhart coming here.
FLA has 19.7 million in cap space and will figure out a way to keep him.
Lindholm will command 8M a year I think, too much for my liking.
I would try to get Monahan signed to a deal. He is coming off a 26 goal season and did not miss a game this season. He might come for a 4 year deal worth 6.5 a year max?
He is not a #1 but is a really good #2.
Move Zacha to LW.
I would use Ullmark and perhaps Carlo, who is a good dee, but still plays too soft for my liking and get a #1 Center or a young Center that has the potential to be a number one.
We can replace Carlo with one of Tanev or Pesce and not miss much.

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad